CommuniCare Health Centers Employee Reviews

Learned at lot here
Medical Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wimberley, TXJuly 7, 2018
I grew in medical knowledge during my 3 years here. It was a great place to work. Clinicians and other medical staff where friendly and we had a great Practice Manager. Like all other places, there always is going to be things we don't like but over all, Awesome
Pros
Great benefits, learned a lot
Cons
Sometimes over worked due to short staff
a good place to work, they allowed me to go to school
General Pediatrician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 5, 2018
I have enjoyed working here. they have been very accommodating of my schedule and need to go back to school. My co-workers are nice. They are stressing numbers a lot.
Pros
Accommodating
Cons
my vision is changing
Wonderful asset to community
Behavioral Health Clinician (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 16, 2018
Agency provides so many needed services in the community.
Provides opportunity for advancement.
Options to service different populations: adults, youth, substance use, etc.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
low pay, little training
Easy going company non stressful
LVN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 20, 2018
culture is diverse, benefits are great, non prof, treats patients like family , management encourages autonomy, encourages employees to grow and learn
Fun work place with clients
Program Technician (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXMarch 16, 2018
This job is great to work with idd clients and there are twelve ladies in the home I get to teach them to be prepare for the world take some to work and shopping we go out on outing
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Great breaks
Nutrition Centered Education - A Great Plus for Participants.
Dietetic Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 18, 2018
I enjoyed teaching the classes, and then improved a lot with the Nutrition Centered Education Classes.

Cross - Training a plus !

Excellent Team !

In my thirteen years working for CommuniCare WIC - Clinic . ., I met three supervisors.

Overall, CommuniCare WIC is a fine place to work.
Pros
Great Program for Participants
Cons
Some staff are not Professionals
Good place and good people to work with
Pediatrician (Current Employee) –  San AntonioJanuary 16, 2018
Work hours are long, and unusual, but I love what I do, so it's ok.
They were very accommodating to my need for time for school.
I appreciate them allowing me to take time off to school.
Pros
Fun people
Cons
work on MLK day
A fun work environment
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78207November 19, 2017
Everyone tended to be very friendly, whether they knew you or not. They made work a joy to wake up and come to every morning. They strived to make all patients feel like they welcomed coming and going.
Great
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 2, 2017
Work environment is very friendly, management is easy to speak with and is approachable. I have been given the proper tools to learn my duties and to do them effectively.
High turnover and terrible management
Physician (Former Employee) –  SanSeptember 21, 2017
Senior management is cutthroat and self-serving. They do not follow the Mission statement. Shaming, bullying and mobbing are prevalent. The CEO tells employees if you don't like it here "get out!" and hardworking and ethical people leave in droves. HR will not protect the employees from abuse and are impotent. Mid-level managers and the Clinicians are not included in decision making and their concerns for the patients and staff are ignored. Productivity is the only measure that matters to senior management. Physician and Nurse practitioner burnout and turnover is high. The Chief Medical Officer is powerless to protect or advocate for staff. There is a great need for quality patient care in the communities that Communicare serves and I have seen dedicated medical clinicians and staff who have left due to a lack of senior level support. The Board of Directors who should oversee Senior Management are seen only once a year at the annual staff day meeting , but no significant communication occurs with staff. I caution physicians, mid-levels and support staff to look elsewhere. You will regret working at Communicare or at "Communi-don't care" as many staff have called it. With all due respect, beware and consider your options before considering this organization.
Pros
Patient care is gratifying. Patients are appreciative.
Cons
Lack of Board of Directors oversight, demoralizing senior management, lack of HR and CMO advocacy for providers and clinic staff and high burnout and employee turnover.

Want to know more about CommuniCare Health Centers?

Ask a question
Fun workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 29, 2017
I loved working with children, and making memories with them seeing my patients from newborn babies to toddler ages. I love to see them smile rather them being in pain. I love my what I do.
Pros
Great lunchroom
Cons
Short 15 min breaks
Okay
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 17, 2017
This is a good company for a person who is at the beginning of their career. You can learn a lot but you will hit your cap pretty quickly. There is little room for growth. Management has poor communication which makes getting the job done difficult and untimely.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
poor communcation
Good first job experience
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kyle, TXAugust 10, 2017
Communicare is a great place to work if your fresh out of school. they have Family, Pediatrics and OBGYN. When hired it takes a while for the process but once hired you train a week in San Antonio.
fun place to get some training
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 7, 2017
Fast paced community clinic that had alot of community patients and elderly patients. Great Physicians to work with. Would be a great starting job for someone who just got out of college or school.
Fun environment
Registered Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 14, 2017
This office I was mainly back office. I worked with 6 different doctors. For every doctor there were 2 assistants. I also assisted the Hygienist and was in charge of restocking the hygiene rooms. I really enjoyed this office. There were monthly meetings for both locations. Hire management was awesome, benefits were great. This company offered a lot to the employees. I was let go for not renewing my license on time. It said inactive even though it was going through the mail. For some reason, it was not letting me renew online. The renewal office said it was due to my first time renewing. I am on a rehire status for Communicare.
Pros
Did a lot of chair side, monthly meetings for all offices
Cons
not too understandable about my renewal situation
It's ok
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 7, 2017
Some really extraordinary people work here. Unfortunately, there is a lot of miscommunication or lack of. People are afraid of hearing the truth. A lot of employee/physician turnover.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
staff is not utilized or managed appropriately
they need better managment skills
Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 15, 2017
favoritism is how it is there at NORTHWEST CAMPUS if you don't see things eye to eye with management they will find a reason to let you go, plus oh my god how they all love to get together and talk behind peoples back there own morning huddle (chisme of the day)
Pros
made friends with the nicest people
Cons
office manager and lvn's very unprofessional
The company is good for new hires.
Medical Assistant for an OB/GYN Womans Health (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 14, 2017
But not much on medical assistants to move up. Very rare do they promote or give raises. Some pods are ran under minimal staff. Good benifits and offer 401 k but frequesnt changes to medical insurances.
Good benefit packages.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boerne, TXMay 9, 2017
Pretty good place to get experience. The company is good to work for. Just depending on the location you work at. There is poor management in the Boerne location. The doctors there are really good. The location I really liked the best is the Potranco location. The girls there are very nice and the office manager really cares about her employees and really tries to go above and beyond for her staff.
Pros
Benefits, Pto, health care
Cons
Poor management in the Boerne location, favoritism, and lazy staff.
good
LVN /Case Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 6, 2017
Communicare Health center is a great job to work at it was fun I did learn a lot during my stay. They need to work on wait time when a patient needs to be seen. Sometimes a patient waits more than two hours to be seen.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
traveling to clinics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CommuniCare Health Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

CommuniCare Health Centers Reviews by Location