CommuniCare Health Centers Pay & Benefits reviews

Worse Clinic
LVN (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 16, 2019
👎 hates working there! Absolutely do not recommend this place to anybody! Pay rate is bad due to being a discount clinic. They expect you to do soooo much compared to what you get paid! Their is alot of gossip! You have to travel a lot out of town for the training and they don’t pay for your gas.
Pros
Work Monday - Friday
Cons
Short breaks or no breaks
Learned at lot here
Medical Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wimberley, TXJuly 7, 2018
I grew in medical knowledge during my 3 years here. It was a great place to work. Clinicians and other medical staff where friendly and we had a great Practice Manager. Like all other places, there always is going to be things we don't like but over all, Awesome
Pros
Great benefits, learned a lot
Cons
Sometimes over worked due to short staff
Easy going company non stressful
LVN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 20, 2018
culture is diverse, benefits are great, non prof, treats patients like family , management encourages autonomy, encourages employees to grow and learn
Okay
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 17, 2017
This is a good company for a person who is at the beginning of their career. You can learn a lot but you will hit your cap pretty quickly. There is little room for growth. Management has poor communication which makes getting the job done difficult and untimely.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
poor communcation
Fun environment
Registered Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 14, 2017
This office I was mainly back office. I worked with 6 different doctors. For every doctor there were 2 assistants. I also assisted the Hygienist and was in charge of restocking the hygiene rooms. I really enjoyed this office. There were monthly meetings for both locations. Hire management was awesome, benefits were great. This company offered a lot to the employees. I was let go for not renewing my license on time. It said inactive even though it was going through the mail. For some reason, it was not letting me renew online. The renewal office said it was due to my first time renewing. I am on a rehire status for Communicare.
Pros
Did a lot of chair side, monthly meetings for all offices
Cons
not too understandable about my renewal situation
It's ok
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 7, 2017
Some really extraordinary people work here. Unfortunately, there is a lot of miscommunication or lack of. People are afraid of hearing the truth. A lot of employee/physician turnover.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
staff is not utilized or managed appropriately
The company is good for new hires.
Medical Assistant for an OB/GYN Womans Health (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 14, 2017
But not much on medical assistants to move up. Very rare do they promote or give raises. Some pods are ran under minimal staff. Good benifits and offer 401 k but frequesnt changes to medical insurances.
Good benefit packages.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boerne, TXMay 9, 2017
Pretty good place to get experience. The company is good to work for. Just depending on the location you work at. There is poor management in the Boerne location. The doctors there are really good. The location I really liked the best is the Potranco location. The girls there are very nice and the office manager really cares about her employees and really tries to go above and beyond for her staff.
Pros
Benefits, Pto, health care
Cons
Poor management in the Boerne location, favoritism, and lazy staff.
The West Campus has wonderful family atmosphere with excellent Practice Management
Clinician/Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 3, 2017
Administration under values counseling as part of Behavioral Heath. It is a wonderful environment except for the constant emphasis on numbers.There was no room for advancement. I was not able to use my credentials.
Pros
The pay & benefits are good. The physicians are great to work with.
Cons
Productivity is only measured by the number of patients seen per day.
Growing company
LVN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 16, 2017
Many clinics available for patients to be seen under the same roof.
Community income based clinic.
Many government programs available for low income families.
Pharmacy available as well.
Learned a lot
LVN-CALL CENTER (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 11, 2016
Management was excellent! Good co-workers and the hardest part of my job is leaving. Most enjoyable was the people I met in the company and would return as needed. I Learned a lot started as a Medical Assistant and continued went back to school for LVN and worked through school at Comminucare received my first LVN opportunity there. Very Geatful to have worked there.
Pros
Benefits and growth in experience
medical office
Medical Office Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 31, 2016
good work , busy work
great food that they give you
suoervior is always asking if your okay

work day is very nice and helful
Truely uphold Our Mission , Vision and Core values
PrimeCare Account Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 19, 2016
The opportunity to assist and serve our Community in finding Affordable insurance as well as educate our consumers within the Community, the benefits of having insurance. Having Co-workers as passionate about helping reach out to our Community made this job enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is to see and know the people that lived within the community who had Chronic illnesses not get the Medical Treatment they needed because the lack of having insurance coverage.
Amazing company to work for!!
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 11, 2014
Mon-Fri 8-5
learned so much valuable info!
Management was great. The CEO would always congratulate employees.
Pros
Easy to advance in departments, great benefits, great pay raise system, value emolyee, great out reach to community