CommuniCare Health Centers Employee Reviews

they need better managment skills
Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 15, 2017
favoritism is how it is there at NORTHWEST CAMPUS if you don't see things eye to eye with management they will find a reason to let you go, plus oh my god how they all love to get together and talk behind peoples back there own morning huddle (chisme of the day)
Pros
made friends with the nicest people
Cons
office manager and lvn's very unprofessional
The company is good for new hires.
Medical Assistant for an OB/GYN Womans Health (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 14, 2017
But not much on medical assistants to move up. Very rare do they promote or give raises. Some pods are ran under minimal staff. Good benifits and offer 401 k but frequesnt changes to medical insurances.
Good benefit packages.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boerne, TXMay 9, 2017
Pretty good place to get experience. The company is good to work for. Just depending on the location you work at. There is poor management in the Boerne location. The doctors there are really good. The location I really liked the best is the Potranco location. The girls there are very nice and the office manager really cares about her employees and really tries to go above and beyond for her staff.
Pros
Benefits, Pto, health care
Cons
Poor management in the Boerne location, favoritism, and lazy staff.
good
LVN /Case Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 6, 2017
Communicare Health center is a great job to work at it was fun I did learn a lot during my stay. They need to work on wait time when a patient needs to be seen. Sometimes a patient waits more than two hours to be seen.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
traveling to clinics
Good place to gain experience
Medical Assistant/Lead MA/ Employee Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 4, 2017
If you are seeking entry level positions and would like to gain experience then this is the setting for you. There are opportunities to float throughout the different clinics to practice skills.
Management listens to employees
Family Practice Physician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 14, 2017
Management did plan well for implementing electronic health records (EHR/EMR); they provided IT consultants and a formal training program that were very helpful in learning the EHR system. Management also listened to input from providers on recommended process changes to improve work flow efficiency.
Pros
Management did listen to provider input on improving EHR task work flow.
Cons
Difficulties with launching a for-profit organization by a not-for-profit organization.
The West Campus has wonderful family atmosphere with excellent Practice Management
Clinician/Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 3, 2017
Administration under values counseling as part of Behavioral Heath. It is a wonderful environment except for the constant emphasis on numbers.There was no room for advancement. I was not able to use my credentials.
Pros
The pay & benefits are good. The physicians are great to work with.
Cons
Productivity is only measured by the number of patients seen per day.
Fun work place
Assist medical provider (Former Employee) –  Kyle, TXJanuary 27, 2017
Great place to start your career, and opportunity for growth. It's a fun environment, but work gets done. Great support staff.
Growing company
LVN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 16, 2017
Many clinics available for patients to be seen under the same roof.
Community income based clinic.
Many government programs available for low income families.
Pharmacy available as well.
Productive and team driven
Certified Application Counselor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 19, 2016
It is fun and enjoyable to work at Communicare because everybody is willing to work together to meet the same goals and helping the community. As an organization we all strive to find ways to help the community and also expand across San Antonio.
Learned a lot
LVN-CALL CENTER (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 11, 2016
Management was excellent! Good co-workers and the hardest part of my job is leaving. Most enjoyable was the people I met in the company and would return as needed. I Learned a lot started as a Medical Assistant and continued went back to school for LVN and worked through school at Comminucare received my first LVN opportunity there. Very Geatful to have worked there.
Pros
Benefits and growth in experience
horrible place to work, horrible managment
anonymous, medical (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 31, 2016
Some of the staff have been there a long time. Most people are fairly nice. The biggest problem with this company is their senior leadership and lower level management. They are very disrespectful to licensed medical providers who have been to school and worked very hard to get their degrees. They have a code of conduct policy but they enforce it when they need it enforced and to the purposes that is serves them. They are a joke. The HR is a joke and doesn't know right from wrong themselves so how can they even do the right thing for the employees? This place unfortunately has a great vision but the carryout by it's own management team and how they treat their staff and providers totally voids their mission. They dont practice what they preach.
Would never work here again!!! Horrible
Pros
good location
Cons
terrible management who don't know how to do their jobs or treat people
medical office
Medical Office Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 31, 2016
good work , busy work
great food that they give you
suoervior is always asking if your okay

work day is very nice and helful
Cons
Management does not care about employees
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 24, 2016
I have seen employees shamed in front of everyone, firing on the spot without reason, finding reasons to fire employees and a termination of a coworker due to pregnancy, no breaks, and they will ask you to work off the clock. Yes, I still work here, but not for long...
Pros
Coworkers are nice
Cons
Many
Truely uphold Our Mission , Vision and Core values
PrimeCare Account Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 19, 2016
The opportunity to assist and serve our Community in finding Affordable insurance as well as educate our consumers within the Community, the benefits of having insurance. Having Co-workers as passionate about helping reach out to our Community made this job enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is to see and know the people that lived within the community who had Chronic illnesses not get the Medical Treatment they needed because the lack of having insurance coverage.
Family health care center
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kyle, TXJune 13, 2016
I believe the clinic was a nice place to work and build experience. hardest part is the constant patient flow coming in and out. Working with friends is a bonus
Productive and Busy Clinic
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kyle, TXJuly 15, 2015
I did my extern at this location really enjoy working here and the people and patienrts. My Manager and employes liked how I work so i did get a job offer.
Growing healthcare center with great resources and enthusiastic employees
Chief Operations Officer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 5, 2014
The company is totally focused on the mission: to help people get jobs. The mission provides a great deal of clarity to every type of decision and keeps everyone moving in the same direction.
I felt very fortunate to be part of a company that is so quickly becoming the leader in healthcare services for the residents of Bexar and Hays counties in Texas. In 7+ years I experienced the expansion of employees/teams, offices, management, incentive programs, and excellent customer service.
Cons
Amazing company to work for!!
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 11, 2014
Mon-Fri 8-5
learned so much valuable info!
Management was great. The CEO would always congratulate employees.
Pros
Easy to advance in departments, great benefits, great pay raise system, value emolyee, great out reach to community
compliments
Custodian/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 11, 2013
I love and appreciate all the good compliments i receive when i walk through my areas! it pushes me to work harder and make things cleaner!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CommuniCare Health Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

CommuniCare Health Centers Reviews by Location