CommuniCare Health Services Employee Reviews

culture is pleasant
Employee (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 5, 2018
The company is strong and they have a good culture. It is a serious environment and they do a lot of meaningful fundraisers through the CommuniCare Cares charity. I enjoyed the people I worked with and have strong respect for owners. I would recommend this company for
someone who wants to grow with a family oriented company. Benefits are good and time off policy is pretty typical.
Pros
meaningful fundraisers, nice coworkers
Supervising
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHSeptember 28, 2018
It would be great if the leaders had training to be leaders, it is hard to work in a place that your boss throws you under the bus when it comes to making themselves look good in front of their leader.
Attitude of not being friends with your employees is old school and not the way to work as a team.
fair pay and benefits, new ownership
Health Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 28, 2018
SInce CommuniCare has assumed management of this building I have seen culture change. They care about the residents and the employees. The Regional team is hands on and they really listen. I know it will take time to make all the changes since this building is big. The owners hearts are in the right place. I like my job and feel that I am treated fairly. Good paid time off plan is also a big plus. I'd recommend to someone looking for career in healthcare. There is room for promotion.
Pros
room to advance
advancement opportunity
Employee (Current Employee) –  Cumberland, MDSeptember 27, 2018
If you want to work hard there is plenty of opportunity for advancement at CommuniCare. My job gave me good exposure to many areas of healthcare. The Regional team pays attention to the buildings and find ways to give you a chance to succeed and grow.
Pros
growth potential
There is help when you need it.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 25, 2018
I work as a LPN on the skilled unit and I have an awesome unit manager! If it gets overwhelming I don’t have to ask for help they just come. I love the 12 hour shifts.
great first job
Employee (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 17, 2018
My experience at the skilled nursing facility was very eye opening. It was nothing that I have experienced ever before, but I see this as a good thing because this was a bit challenging and that is definitely what I look for. I look forward to learning and experiencing new things. It gives me the opportunity to show what I am capable of. It is a fast pace and hands on job. You learn a lot as you go.
Pros
lots of learning opportunity
treat employees well
STNA (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 17, 2018
Good benefits, nice work environment, good staff retention. I worked here for 20 years. Great work environment and great reputation. I recommend CommuniCare to Nurses Aides who want a job where they are appreciated.
Poor management and understaffed unsafe nursing care
LPN (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, MDSeptember 16, 2018
CEO's need to go to the Cumberland, MD facility unannounced and see what a mess it is. The residents would tell them how bad it is if they took the time to speak with them. Need to clean house with management and hire all new people who actually come out of their office and care what is going on. I liked the staff I worked with but we were always understaffed because they can't keep employees and that is because of management.
Pros
Wonderfull caring nurses
Cons
Understaffed and dirty facility
Managers and staff members all worked together to give the best care to the residents in this LTC facility
Medical Records Director (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 9, 2018
As Medical Records Director I had many daily tacks to complete within that day. I had learned to be very organized, keep up on all the paperwork and prepare for the next day. Also time with family member requests took priority, such as release of information, copy of records could be time consuming but very rewarding. I most enjoyed making my own schedule that I created and working close with the doctors on daily requests. The hardest part of this position was staying interactive with coworkers because there is only one medical records worker per facility and I worked alone in the office a lot.
Pros
creating your own pace and schedule
Cons
worked alone in the office 80% of the time
Pay rate very poor
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chardon, OHAugust 6, 2018
PRN positions don't pay well at all, dollar more than staff, no holiday pay but required to work one summer and one winter, as well as they can mandate you to stay even though you just worked 12 hours....nope
Cons
Low rate of pay
bad
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 6, 2018
do not work here, didnt like it, bad culture, bad micromanagement, bad managers, benefits suck, horrible pay, not organized, would not recommend to anyone
communicare of clifton
STNA (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 5, 2018
Staffing is an big issue that could be resolved if they would compensate/ pay more communicare has no structure and doesnt know how to work as a team.
Decent pay
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 28, 2018
Competitive pay; understanding management. Floor was already covered when needed. Benefits are a plus! Co-workers not doing their share of work. As in the aides...some slackers need weeded out..
Pros
Pay, facility
Cons
Co-workers not picking up their share (aides)
Overworked and terrible management
STNA (Former Employee) –  Chardon, OHJuly 27, 2018
Poor management, unorganized, favoritism, bad communication. Doesn't matter if your worked 12 hours and have to work later that same day. If someone calls off you have to stay. And you don't get to decide which unit you'd like to be on. On top of that some days your stuck with 16 residents. The high stress and low pay isn't worth it. Your suppose to love your job and give the best care possible but they sure do make it difficult. I'd recommend to just run the other direction.
Pros
Plenty of hours
Cons
Very low pay and mandation
a lot of focus on clinical care
Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 23, 2018
I enjoy my job and love the residents that I get to work with. No two days are the same. As a nurse, I get to utilize a lot of skills and feel good about the care I provide. The building clean and pleasant. Management is good - and there is a lot of focus on clinical care. some days can be fast paced but I always know that my work is appreciated.
Pros
good pay and benefits
rewarding
Nurse (Current Employee) –  MarylandJuly 23, 2018
The job I have is rewarding. I work with patients and make sure they receive excellent care. The people that I work with are kind and we have a good working relationship. Some days can be very fast paced. Pay is fair and benefits are good. I like the culture.
good place for a nurse
Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 16, 2018
company has a strong message, ceo and owners are passionate about healthcare and caring for residents especially veterans. the job pays fair and work is always interesting. good pay and nice benefits like 401k with match.
Pros
401k with match
Good
Nurse (Current Employee) –  MarylandJuly 16, 2018
Nurses are treated well. Management if compassionate.You have a lot of autonomy. Culture is good overall. Co-workers are respectful and we help each other out when needed. fair pay and benefits
Pros
treated well
no comment
Targeted case management (Current Employee) –  Hardinsburg, KYJuly 12, 2018
I would like to not make a comment with this company. I loved my boss and she was amazing with everyone. However she no longer works due to the layoff.
finally found a place in LTC to call home
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 2, 2018
I have been a nurse for a number of years. When I decided to enter long term care I found a job that was close to home and I just thought I'd be happy. Long story short things were not the way they looked when I first applied. Luckily, a fellow Nurse friend from school was working for CommuniCare and referred me to the facility in the Baltimore area. All I can say is that it's the best thing that happened in my career. The facility is clean and everyone is kind. The Regional team is actually visible at the center and makes sure to speak to the floor staff. My supervisor is kind and it makes a world of a difference. I would certainly recommend this company to RN/LPNs looking for a good home.
Pros
good management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CommuniCare Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.