CommuniCare Health Services Employee Reviews

Cut-throat culture and horrible management
Assistant Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Annandale, VADecember 12, 2018
Horrible place to work! Received almost no training for position. Facility culture is highly cut-throat; top management does not support staff. Top management would rather belittle staff than assist staff.
Pros
Cons
Terrible management
Stay away!
CNA (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 23, 2018
Lack of leadership, upper management speaks to employees like dogs. Short staffed with all departments. Corporate only cares about the revenue they receive.
good place to get experience
Employee (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 19, 2018
This is a good environment to get experience. Dealing with residents that have complex conditions is very rewarding. I feel valued and I know how much the patients appreciate me. The job is fast paced but co-workers are very supportive.
Pros
rewarding
Good staff care about residents
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clarksville indianaNovember 15, 2018
Company only cares about making money does not care about residents or staff. Corporate only wants to yell at employees, very rude, very hateful, not very professional.
Pros
Caring staff
Cons
Corporate only wants to yell at employees, very rude, not very professional, does not want to help buildings only wants to bark orders, does not want to educate and assist with learning process
Very poor management with extreme favoritism
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dyer, INNovember 10, 2018
Too much favoritism too much stress about things that have NOTHING to do with your job. Everyone is a boss in their mind and its a free for all. I will not say i hate the job or the residents but, some managers are very unprofessional uneducated and lack any type of experience. Residents are money to them not humans.. they only see them for dollar signs .. As for as work, it is direct to what your job description states. Its standard job roles and responsibilities and added will be whatever the nurses dont feel like doing and if you dont do it then you’re threatened with a write up. Most new hires walk out , others with seniority get walked out or they quit and come back as they please.... To each their own .. apply, interview, orientate with caution! Proof is in the pudding!
Pros
No comment
Cons
Block schedule, management, penny pinching
good place to work, benefits
Employee (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDNovember 5, 2018
Our benefits are pretty good and you also have a 401k. This is a good place for a nurse to work since you can learn a lot. for the most part, i love my job. Residents are really nice and friendly.
busy schedule - good benefits
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 5, 2018
management is fair and wants to help you be successful. some days can be very busy and you need to be flexible and have a good attitude. I like me coworkes and boss. the residents are all very nice and it feels like a community.
benefits
Horrible place to work
GNA (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDNovember 1, 2018
You never know if you are going to get to leave at the end of the shift. No supplies to do your job. Bad place to work most of staff rude and unprofessional. Evening shift is the worst.
Pros
nothing
Cons
the staff there is rude
Stay away from Riverside Nursing Center!
Health Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 25, 2018
The Administrator at Riverside is TERRIBLE!! She is cold hearted, treats her employees like they are low class citizens. I would not even wish my worst enemy to be treated the way this evil woman treats her employees.
If it weren’t for her, Riverside would probably be a decent place to work.
Worked remotely for CommuniCare
Purchasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 24, 2018
This was a short-term remote consulting position with CommuniCare. I assisted the company in transitioning from one medical supplier to another. We also transitioned to a new office supplier.
enjoy my job and the people I work with
Employee (Current Employee) –  MarylandOctober 22, 2018
for the most part I enjoy my job and the people I work with, The position can be hard since you are caring for others but my boss is understanding. Management pays attention to details which i like since they notice when you do a good job. we do fun things as a team and HR does their best to support the employees, The management of this company is better than any others that I ever had.
Pros
good people
Overworked, No organization, Stressful place to work
STNA (Former Employee) –  Parma Heights, OHOctober 20, 2018
The nurses would sleep & aides on night shift. Residents wasn’t getting medicine on time. A lot of the employees were on drugs. Barely any team work. Most of the people are rude at this facility & racist.
Pros
Daily Pay
Cons
No staff/ No organization
Unsafe Nursing Care, Poor Management
LPN (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, MDOctober 14, 2018
Great Nurses being overworked while management sits in their offices and do nothing to help. Unsafe nurse to resident ratio. Facility is filthy. Would not recommend putting a loved one in this facility. The residents and their families are aware off how short staffed it is every single day as they have to do a lot of care on their own so their family member gets what they need. Night shift is so poorly staffed it's no wonder there are so many residents that fall and end up with a fracture. Night shift nurses have no help and majority of the time are responsible for care of up to 50 residents to 1 nurse and 2 gnas. The nursing staff they have that work the floor do the best they can with no help. Pretty sad when they are the only facility in the area offering LPNs a big sign on bonus but can't keep staff or get people to apply because the people in the area are aware of how bad it is there. Fire the management staff currently there and get management that actually cares and revamp the place and it would be a great place to work. MANAGEMENT IS THE PROBLEM!!! They lie and are fake in the interview process and then blame the staff for the reason new employees quit. The current staff are nice and welcoming to new staff but don't have time to train as they work short and have to run nonstop to get everything done.
Pros
Residents and the staff that works the floor
Cons
Management, dirty facility, understaffed
culture is pleasant
Employee (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 5, 2018
The company is strong and they have a good culture. It is a serious environment and they do a lot of meaningful fundraisers through the CommuniCare Cares charity. I enjoyed the people I worked with and have strong respect for owners. I would recommend this company for
someone who wants to grow with a family oriented company. Benefits are good and time off policy is pretty typical.
Pros
meaningful fundraisers, nice coworkers
Supervising
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHSeptember 28, 2018
It would be great if the leaders had training to be leaders, it is hard to work in a place that your boss throws you under the bus when it comes to making themselves look good in front of their leader.
Attitude of not being friends with your employees is old school and not the way to work as a team.
fair pay and benefits, new ownership
Health Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 28, 2018
SInce CommuniCare has assumed management of this building I have seen culture change. They care about the residents and the employees. The Regional team is hands on and they really listen. I know it will take time to make all the changes since this building is big. The owners hearts are in the right place. I like my job and feel that I am treated fairly. Good paid time off plan is also a big plus. I'd recommend to someone looking for career in healthcare. There is room for promotion.
Pros
room to advance
advancement opportunity
Employee (Current Employee) –  Cumberland, MDSeptember 27, 2018
If you want to work hard there is plenty of opportunity for advancement at CommuniCare. My job gave me good exposure to many areas of healthcare. The Regional team pays attention to the buildings and find ways to give you a chance to succeed and grow.
Pros
growth potential
There is help when you need it.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 25, 2018
I work as a LPN on the skilled unit and I have an awesome unit manager! If it gets overwhelming I don’t have to ask for help they just come. I love the 12 hour shifts.
great first job
Employee (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 17, 2018
My experience at the skilled nursing facility was very eye opening. It was nothing that I have experienced ever before, but I see this as a good thing because this was a bit challenging and that is definitely what I look for. I look forward to learning and experiencing new things. It gives me the opportunity to show what I am capable of. It is a fast pace and hands on job. You learn a lot as you go.
Pros
lots of learning opportunity
treat employees well
STNA (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 17, 2018
Good benefits, nice work environment, good staff retention. I worked here for 20 years. Great work environment and great reputation. I recommend CommuniCare to Nurses Aides who want a job where they are appreciated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CommuniCare Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.