CommuniCare Health Services Employee Reviews

good place for a nurse
Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 16, 2018
company has a strong message, ceo and owners are passionate about healthcare and caring for residents especially veterans. the job pays fair and work is always interesting. good pay and nice benefits like 401k with match.
Pros
401k with match
Good
Nurse (Current Employee) –  MarylandJuly 16, 2018
Nurses are treated well. Management if compassionate.You have a lot of autonomy. Culture is good overall. Co-workers are respectful and we help each other out when needed. fair pay and benefits
Pros
treated well
no comment
Targeted case management (Current Employee) –  Hardinsburg, KYJuly 12, 2018
I would like to not make a comment with this company. I loved my boss and she was amazing with everyone. However she no longer works due to the layoff.
finally found a place in LTC to call home
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 2, 2018
I have been a nurse for a number of years. When I decided to enter long term care I found a job that was close to home and I just thought I'd be happy. Long story short things were not the way they looked when I first applied. Luckily, a fellow Nurse friend from school was working for CommuniCare and referred me to the facility in the Baltimore area. All I can say is that it's the best thing that happened in my career. The facility is clean and everyone is kind. The Regional team is actually visible at the center and makes sure to speak to the floor staff. My supervisor is kind and it makes a world of a difference. I would certainly recommend this company to RN/LPNs looking for a good home.
Pros
good management
Its a Job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJuly 2, 2018
It gets very busy and unorganized sometimes.. We're always short staffed and never have enough supplies to use for our residents.. But, the coworkers are very nice and helpful at times. And the job usual runs smoothly
good training and so far so good!
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 25, 2018
I was hired as a nurse and so far my experience has been great! I was well trained when I first started and my boss made sure I felt comfortable. The team is friendly and I am starting to feel like I found a second home. I like the work we do wit the patients since they are SO nice. I recommend CommuniCare to new nurses that are wanting to work as a team and have a good attitude.
fair pay, nice people to work with
Nurse Aide (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJune 25, 2018
I like the facility I work for. Communicare has fair pay and a good culture. I am fine with the fast paced work since my manager is kind and supportive. The residents that I work with are the best and I enjoy my coworkers a lot.
strong emphasis on care
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Corydon, INJune 25, 2018
Fast paced environment offers new challenges everyday. I enjoy the people I work with and management is very supportive. The facility is clean and there is a strong emphasis on care and quality. Good benefits and fair pay.
Pros
Good benefits and fair pay.
very quick-paced, short staffed
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH 45219June 20, 2018
depending on the day, sometimes we were short staffed which required me to have to do my position as well as others which became a little stressful but I got through it.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
short staffed
loved my job,
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 18, 2018
I liked my job as a nurses aide. The management was kind and understanding. I enjoyed my co-workers and LOVED The residents. I learned a lot and made friends, The Regional team is down to earth which i s not always common in this world. I would have stayed for longer me we moved out of state for personal reasons. I have only good things to say about this company and recommend it if you want to work with seniors.
Pros
enjoyed my co-workers and LOVED The residents
challenging and rewarding, fast pace, no two days are the same
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 18, 2018
Working as a nurse for CommuniCare is rewarding. The company has good systems and processes to follow which is very refreshing for the LTC industry. Since I love the elderly, I always wanted to work in Long Term Care. My dream came true when I finally found ComnmuniCare, an employer who shares my compassion for the lives we care for. The company is family owned and build on a foundation of touching the hearts of the lives we care for.
Pros
challenging and rewarding
Productive atmosphere for the career chosen.
Culinary Director (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHJune 16, 2018
I have had an excellent experience in my field of choice. My advancement in my field has made me the person that I am now. The hardest part of this field would being the staffing and their dedication to the job. I enjoy my field. I can touch so many people, and make them have a better day.
Pros
Ensuring that everyone is happy with their meals.
Cons
No staffing support.
Yikes
Corporate Director of Reimbursement (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHJune 13, 2018
Those in corporate positions were not allowed to lead. Lost most of their corporate staff because of it. The CEO is a bully. Many hood people left because of him/her and the VP of Clinical Services.
Horrible
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 1, 2018
This place is nasty I have never worked in a place so smelly. Management are so lost its crazy they stay short you may end up with up to 30 people the pay is up too 14 for CNA but you work so hard you be too tired to spend your money .
Pros
Pay
Cons
Its nasty
good place for new nurse
nurse (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 29, 2018
I received a good orientation and on-boarding at CommuniCare. The staff welcomed me and made me feel at home. I like the company's culture and the Regional management is looking out for the staff. There is a lot to learn and I am excited to begin my career here.
good co-workers
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Westminster, MDMay 25, 2018
I am very proud of the people I work with at Westminster Health Care center! We are a strong team and help people in our facility everyday.
The building has come a long way since CommuniCare has bought this facility. I recommend this company if you are looking for good team work.
Official response from CommuniCare Health Services
May 29, 2018

I am proud of the work we do at westminster. CommuniCare Management is strong and the building is going in the right direction.

Poor management and cut throat culture!
RN Supervisor Willow Tree Manor (Former Employee) –  Charles Town, WVMay 24, 2018
WHAT A SHAME!! If there was ANY type of guidance from management, it may have been better, but the employees who have been there forever are running the place and management wont stand up to them!! They let people run all over you, and if you try to stand up for yourself, they condemn you and write you up!! HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK!!! WOULDNT SEND MY DOG THERE TO BE CARED FOR!!!! JUST PITIFUL!!!
Pros
Cons
Everything!!
clean environment
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 15, 2018
I enjoy my job. The work is challenging but rewarding. The things I enjoy about CommuniCare is that they want to do the best for the patients. The building looks nice and is well maintained. I also like that it is always clean and smell fresh.
Pros
building looks nice and is well maintained
Run don’t walk away
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Copley, OHMay 9, 2018
Constantly under staffed. The staffing they quoted me before hire was never met. Constant high level of stress trying to meet their demands. State was in almost every other week investigating complaints. STNA’s telling the charge nurses what they would and wouldn’t do. Not a good place to work.
Pros
Starting pay rate is above average for the area but you earn every penny and more
Cons
Worked 12 1/2 hours. Never got a break and was usually late leaving trying to get work finished
fast paced but rewarding
Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 8, 2018
Great place to work if your goal is to help people who are going through life changing illnesses and dealing with aging. This also includes caring for family members who try to navigate through the system.
Good benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CommuniCare Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.