Communication Construction Group, LLC Employee Reviews

Garbage management
Lineman (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MAApril 15, 2019
The supervisors and directors/managers at ccg are the worst of the worst. If you decide you want to work there be ready to become a number and a machine. Management thinks of its employees as being replaceable like lineman are lined up out the door trying to work for them. You are constantly under the eyes of management gps-wex vehicle locator and monitors and the all seeing drive cam. Management gets bonuses for your hard work and you will b lucky to get anything other than straight pay Overtime is pretty much nonexistent and benefits are way overpriced to the point you can’t afford them. If you’re thinking about working here b warned you will regret it.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Pay benefits jobs supervisors directors management drive cam wex
The inmates run the asylum
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Acton, MAApril 4, 2019
Most of the management team where I am is comprised of washed up linemen from White Mountain Cable who are not qualified to be in management. None of them have any true business sense. Management acts like there is no competition for the telecommunications dollar so they continue with their 1980's mentality with no regard for the end user which ultimately hurts the client (provider) and makes the competition look good.
They do tend to promote within which would be an excellent thing if they promoted the correct candidate.
Pros
None really
Cons
Pay scale is not up to industry standards
Worst Company I ever worked for
OSP Manager (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MDFebruary 27, 2019
CCG by far was the worst company I ever laid eyes on. The benefits were nonexistant or far too expensive to have. Management was abusive, disrespectful and used language as they were a drunk sailor. Four letter words were a typical vocabulary and their was speculation that management had been involved with racist remarks.

I would never recommend this company to anyone and Comcast should review their relationship with this company
Pros
Outside office work
Cons
Monitored all uses of company vehicle with DriveTime, Monitored out work hours with camera.
Regional Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Canton, MIFebruary 26, 2019
Management is terrible. Too much favoritism. Upper management do not care about employees. Management think that because you work their you owe them your life.
I was fired
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAFebruary 24, 2019
I was fired because of another employee harassing me. HR never asked me what was going on they only looked at one side which was not right. I could’ve sued them based on the way things happened but I didn’t.
fast paced with time sensitive work
As-built Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rising Sun, MDDecember 24, 2018
you can work by yourself with minimum supervision but plenty of help when needed. It is time sensitive work with a 24 hour turn around from when work was received to when work was sent to data entry for payment and billing.
Good job just boring
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Acton, MADecember 2, 2018
I was an admin, it was a good job just really boring and isolating for someone whose used to customer interaction but overall I would recommend this job
Good
DATA ENTRY CLERK (Current Employee) –  West Chester PANovember 6, 2018
It’s a really good place to work, nice people great place! Can wear whatever you want! Best training! Again the place is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
terrible place to work
Accountant (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PASeptember 12, 2018
This company was the worst experience to work for, work load is enormous, all the upper management is interested in earning more money. Benefits are unbelievable: 5 sick/vacation days per year, 30 min lunch and manager will be checking the time you left and return.
Travel,Travel,Travel
Splicer/Project Supervisor/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAMay 29, 2018
I was usually on a job-site for 1 year or less. Very little advance notice where we were going to be stationed. Regional managers were sometimes difficult to work with only because our customers were very demanding. Most of the time we were putting in 12 hours a day with no extra compensation.
Pros
good compensation and benifits
Cons
Very long days, No personal time
7am start time mon and tues....a killer
Data Entry Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PADecember 27, 2017
not a bad place to work overall
give us your opinion about a typical day at work...what u lrearne////management////management
workplace culture....hardest part of job...most enjoyable part of job
Pros
teamwork
Cons
not paid for state of emg and only 10 pto days
Tough job, tougher management.
Grounds Crew (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAMarch 8, 2017
Expect to work long hours.
Management definitely plays favorite.
Great benefits.
Okay pay.
Unfriendly coworkers.
Hard work.
Typically running a truck or pulling cable.
First "real job": out of highschool
Lineman/Splicer/Subcontractor (Former Employee) –  Hollidaysburg, PANovember 1, 2016
learn a lot, skills that remain with me today. Could not do the traveling anymore out of the area, my father in law passed away I left to stay and help my wife run his business.
CCG summary
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PANovember 15, 2015
Very nice fiber-optic communication company with future growth in the near future. this company continues to grow more and more.
management is just there for there paycheck
splicer (Current Employee) –  marylandAugust 8, 2015
Worked there for two years. Management does not care about company just there paycheck. Lost a lot of work because of that.the people they have giving out work have no clue.in my time there never have been given any incentive to work harder.bossman just put in eight hours and leave never and I mean never in field to help you.the main boss at my job is never even there.I have been making no money asked to get transferred and they say no.like I said they do not care if I or company make money.
Pros
nice truck retirement
Cons
not worth it boss is clueless and selfish
Good Place to work
Cable Splicer (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MDNovember 14, 2014
The management are knowledgeable and respectful.The coworkers are helpful and polite.
Once a good company to work for
employee (Current Employee) –  Chester CountyMay 15, 2013
Ever since parent company Dycom removed all sick days and vacation days to pay for it's latest acquisition this company has become only barely tolerable to work for (while you look for another job). The management has parsed departments into micro-managed and competitive little "teams." The company team spirit has completely been dissolved by power struggles, egos, penny-pinching policies, a human resource person working only on the company's behalf, immature supervisors who exhibit childish behavior and secure position(s) for friends/family members & then offer them favored treatment, and complete lack of work-life balance. It would seem that Dycom has decided to secure their latest acquisition (74th company) on the backs of the employees.
As a result, if you work here, prepare to do the work of five people for your one person, have no work-life balance (only five days off a year & mandatory overtime) have someone constantly breathing down your neck to make sure you're "producing work," have sub-standard health insurance (for which you will pay well over half) and no more than a 2% raise per year (which will not keep up with the yearly raise in your health insurance and the cost of living). The people with whom I directly work are very nice, but they are all being stressed and overwhelmed by the demanding and depressing environment that continues to get worse.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Lack of work-life balance, poor benefits, poor management
Good Company
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAMarch 6, 2013
Had a fantastic time during my tenure here. Was able to travel and see other areas of the country and had a real fun after-work atmosphere. They provided good benefits.
Pros
unlimited overtime.
Cons
no negatives
Good company
Cable Splicer (Former Employee) –  MDJuly 25, 2012
Great pay and good atmosphere to have worked at. You work long hours and travel most all the time. There were great people to have worked with and I learned many, many things.
Despite nice increases, I never felt validated by this company. Never liked "work atmosphere".
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAOctober 24, 2011
Managers and supervisors do not go through any kind of formal training. I had the miserable experience of working under an inexperienced manager and inexperienced and immature supervisor. This job was all my worst nightmares come true. It is the supervisor's job to give you feedback if there are performance problems by directly addressing the employee. Manager and supervisor are too easily influenced by subordinates. Yearly performance reviews are very abbreviated and do not give you any detailed feedback regarding where you need to improve.
Also want to mention that I worked over an interval of time that the company was understaffed. Never witnessed such outrageous, unprofessional conduct of a manager on that level. This occured during overtime hours. Had cause to complain to HR regarding offensive behavior of coworkers' but no place to turn because management condoned their behaviior--catch 22 situation. Performance declined. Did not feel validated as an employee because I was ignored.. Sarcastic remarks by HR at exit interview were uncalled for. But thank you for releasing me for "lack of work" so I could collect UC.
Pros
new office is nice., benefits
Cons
mandatory overtime, cubicals are isolating, immediate supervisor not approachable, management style