Communications & Power Industries Employee Reviews

If you’re a Machinist DO NOT work here
CNC Milling Machinist, Journey Level Machinist (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAMarch 25, 2018
Machine shop is run by someone who thinks it’s his and his alone. He thinks the money that is spent on tooling and equipment comes out of his own wallet. If you’re not into running newer equipment then this is the place for you. Not a dime is spent to upgrade the Machine shop. STAY AWAY I’m not just saying this. I can’t speak for other departments within the company but the machine shop is horrible and run by the worst people ever. Good luck ☺️
Pros
This a joke
Cons
I don’t have enough time to list everything
No good
Lamination Technician (Former Employee) –  Stow, MAMarch 23, 2017
HR at this company is a joke, no cross training no advancement paychecks messed up, treat females workes like its 1955. obvious favoritism, no christmas bonus, stick you on the same part and never train you on anything else.
Cons
Low rasies if they give any at all, no holiday bonuses
It's a job
Documentation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Beverly, MANovember 8, 2016
Health benefits aren't great. Not much guidance for career advancement. Poor training. Not much appreciation for hard work (no incentive). Recent changes in managerial roles has caused waves in morale.
competency goes a long way
Materials Planner (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAOctober 3, 2014
worked in the materials group.......basically followed same schedule every week working off MRP messages
Cons
very expensive healthcare
Not a good place to work
Senior Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Beverly Mass.April 20, 2014
Worked there for thirty + years , they urine tested me which I passed, and let me go without severance. Prior to being acquired they were a much better company to work for, now it's a private company, the only people making good money are management. I could go on for another hour why you should avoid working there, and if you do good luck getting a decent raise.

Respectfully from a former employee.
Pros
Co-workers were good people.
Cons
Once they were sold took all the good benefit's
A Short-Lived Experience
Marketing Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, IllinoisOctober 17, 2013
I did not work for CPI that long after they acquired my former company, MCL, but I can say that they were very fair and accommodating to the employees that were being let go.