Communities For People, Inc Employee Reviews

Stay Away!!!
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 14, 2018
When I first started this place I had a horrible manager that hired all of her friends that tried to get everyone fired that wasn't in their clique. I would literally get in trouble for showing up 5 minutes late or because I was more concerned about not making a medication error than the girl sneaking a peak at the TV (no TV consequence) when I was single staffed. When the clique left things got easier but then they hired this complete idiot for a manager. The program was just awful after that. This new supervisor seriously tried to have me killed, had me standing on a street corner and have me do and say things to people that would've had me seriously hurt. For the most part I had no issues dealing with the kids and I've dealt with the worst in my program at the time. This manager basically allowed them to behave any kind of way and it's all over when they can just call up your supervisor and go over your head when you're trying to set limits. At one point management gave the OK for the clients to date each other which caused even more drama. Residential Counselors were constantly thrown under the bus even though they were doing what they were just doing what they were told to do.
Pros
helping clients
Cons
everything else
Case management and Crisis management-oriented
Residential Clinician (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MAFebruary 19, 2018
Great team of professionals to work with. Role of clinicial coordinator is poorly-defined. Work life balance is hard to maintain. Steep learning curve-- great for new social workers.
did appreciate their employees
Direct Care Counselor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 23, 2018
you never felt heard by upper management the raises were not enough
offered good monthly trainings
didn't feel some of the staff was taking the job seriously
Pros
good trainings
Cons
lack of appreciation
Great Place to Work
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 13, 2017
CFP was a great place to learn about clinical social work, contract management, and collaboration. The workplace was very comfortable and welcoming. I enjoyed my co-workers and the environment. The hardest part of the job was working with provider agencies who were not effective in their execution of services. Teh most enjoyable was interfacing with many different individuals and groups involved in the cases.
Very nurturing agency
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 6, 2017
This agency is very family oriented. The youth served not only have to do what is required, but they ensure these youth have weekly paid and unpaid activities. The staff are very nurturing. From the time you walk through the doors of this agency, the atmosphere is so friendly, you will wish you worked for this agency.
Not happy with this place
Direct Care Counselor (Former Employee) –  Somerville, MAOctober 18, 2017
The culture is horrible management is not for the children's benefits, just their own. No one is genuinely looking out for the children in management but some caring counselors.
Pros
Provides shelter, food and transportation for residents.
Cons
Everything else is wrong!
good job
Direct Care Counselor (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 6, 2017
good place to work you work with a variety of adolescents from all backgrounds. the impact you can have on the community and a clients life cant be measured but its truly satisfying
good non profit
Direct Care Counselor (Former Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 5, 2017
•Served as point of contact for family and physicians
•Scheduled family visits and planned budgeting
•Monitored distribution of client medications as needed
•Maintained a safe and therapeutic environment to develop client’s self-reliance
•Tracked progress until client reached self-dependency
•Knowledgeable about various mental disorders
Residential Clinician (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 26, 2017
Fun place to work and extremely supportive team environment. There are people that have worked at C4P for a number of years. They offer advanced placement to workers.
Excellent opprortunity to interact with juvinile offenders in the reintegration process.
Direct Care Councilor (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 1, 2017
Advocating for clients in the reacclimation , reintegration and reunification process. Assisting individuals to progress in education and appropriate social interactions . Assistance with group therapy , medication assistance, transportation to and from various locations, non-violent crisis intervention, etc
enjoyed the kids
Direct Care Counselor (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 15, 2017
I truly don't want to fill this section out. There is no money in human services, however I truly was there for my kids. I enjoyed them so much and that is my absolute passion. I would not have left if I did not need to.
Supportive and rewarding environment
Direct Care Counselor (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 2, 2017
I have worked at CFP for over 16 years and the agency has always been behind me and my family. I love working with the kids and enjoy trying to make a difference in their lives. The job is not easy, everyday is a challenge, however this is what makes the work I do so rewarding.
I can't think of another agency I would rather be working!
work
Direct Care Counselor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 30, 2016
It was good in the beginning but with short staff it makes it hard to keep up with demands. I enjoyed working with people here but, it feels s disconnected
Welcoming and Educating Place
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 10, 2016
Accounting internship position.
I would assist with various daily projects and learned about audit prep. I enjoyed going into the office and the environment was extremely welcoming. Everyone enjoyed their work and would always help teach the office process.
Productive work environment
Intensive Foster Care Case Worker (Former Employee) –  Somerville, MAJune 24, 2015
• Provide overall case management for children in intensive foster care, including contact with collaterals, development and implementation of client treatment plans, advocate for clients in school and community settings.
• Work to ensure clients are stable in safe and appropriate home setting.
• Assist children and families with all placement transitions.
• Establish therapeutic relationships with clients respecting boundaries.
• Assist with intakes as requested by program leadership.
• Ensure that all documentation is thorough, descriptive and reprentative of the quality of work taking place and entered into the client file or I-Familynet system when appropriate.
• Creativiely engage resistant youth and families.
• Conduct required weekly visits with clients, foster families, and biological families as needed.
• Attend all meetings and conferences on behalf of clients
• Demonstrate working knowledge of child development and mental health.
I do it for the kids and the reward, not the pay
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 15, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is the clients. It is most rewarding for me when a client is discharged and say thank you, or when a client leaves our program, matures and comes back and says thank you, or that they appreciate the structure and support i provided because it allowed them to be a success story.
working with the kids is fun
Program Counselor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 3, 2015
Management will throw you beneath a moving bus quick and fast if it means that they will have to explain something you did incorrectly. There is no loyalty to employees, the pay is very low for the things that they require of you to maintain employment and I feel as though there is no love for the clients that they acquire. I stood at this position for 13 plus years and this is by far the worst job I ever had. Due to them I have refrain from working in the field for eternally.
Pros
helping change young youths lives for the better
Cons
Management is unorganized, corrupted and is unfair
Productive and learning experience
Lead Agency (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MAMarch 8, 2015
As an intern the team I worked with was friendly, inviting and overall helpful with letting me experience a part of Social Work with working with youth and adolescence
horrible
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 3, 2015
This place is a joke ! Do not come to work here, you will end up finding a new job! The only good thing about this job are the case managers and the front desk lady. They do not work as a team, they just point the finger at the next person. The clinician are nice, case managers are cute and case workers are excellent. PAY what pay? they pay pennies....you get more working at burger king! You get an on call phone for 7 days, it was the demons phone to the max! I rather get hit by a car 10 times. People call out for shifts everyday and the phone is off the hook all night long while your on call.
Its a job.
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  22 McGrath Hwy Somerville, MA 02143January 23, 2015
Its a Job helping the youth. Provide guidance and encouragement for troubled youth, in a group home setting on the overnight shift. Teaching life skills and lessons to the youth.
Pros
its a job helping youth.
Cons
No advancements, raises, or benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Communities For People, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Communities For People, Inc Reviews by Location