Community Access Inc Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10002August 21, 2018
This was a good environment there wasn’t enough hours I needed over time and I just wanted to look for a better place and something maybe a little closer to home
A good place to start and then move on
Front Desk Receptionist-Overnight (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 13, 2018
The work is more mentally draining than anything else as you are encountering a diverse population with varying degrees of mental health issues and can be subject to a lot of negative actions and reactions and being tired due to the closeness of the shifts on Saturdays and Sundays as they do not rotate. The workplace culture and what can be considered one of the hardest parts of the position (especially during overnight/overnight weekend shifts) is one where you are alone and pretty much on your own. Long hours that can become longer in the event of no shows and then not even seeing it when you get paid. Depending on the building, you don't have certain necessary resources to do your job effectively and (some) management can be distant (my former supervisor was great and supportive). The enjoyable part of the position from an overnight perspective lies in the relationships I've been able to build with the clients.
Pros
Helping mental health individuals, building helping relationships with participants.
Cons
Low pay, no way to take a break, high stress, lack of resources and distant upper management, cliquish mentality and ridiculous write up policy that prevents advancement
Prepare for abuse
Senior Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  TintonJuly 21, 2018
The company protects clients unworthy of service. You will be abused disrespected and threatened by clients. You are not allowed to call the police or you will be reprimanded
Teamwork
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 10, 2018
I worked with co-workers that really showed teamwork. The managers were just as helpful whenever a problem may arise. The residents were just as lovable and easy to care for.
working with disabled adults
Job Coach (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKJune 29, 2018
I work with in home clients. My job for me was very easy. My time with them is spent teaching life and behavioral skills. Lots of patience is needed for the job. The rewarding part is watching them grow.
Pros
personally rewarding
Cons
low pay
Cool place but pay is little
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJune 28, 2018
Pay is little and it’s more of a second job. No raises unless you apply for a higher position. Overall it’s more like a friendly environment and the pay is little
Excellent
Driver (Current Employee) –  South Easton, MAJune 28, 2018
Good job need better pay and benefits..cant coplain about this job they have been good to me....I recommend this job for any one who is looking for a job and drive all day
Pros
Need more hours
Cons
Great boss
The residents
Special Needs Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 27, 2018
Enjoyed learning and teaching residents everyday skills 😁 the residents were always so happy to see staff at home or at the day hab ready to have fun
Pros
The sweet faces on the residents
Good Job
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 2, 2018
Job environment was really good learned allot from the people i served and helped.management was really good as well. A typical day at work is like seeing tenets go in and out watch the cameras make sure all is well thought the building. I've learned how to deal with different tenets behaviors. Management at times is on point with dealing with crisis. My co-workers are a group of people to work with. The hardest part of the job to me is none.The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing my co-workers and the tenets.
Pros
work environment
Cons
pay and benefits
Treatment Apartment Program Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 29, 2018
Great place to work at. Good place where to start a career. community access has been assisting mental health , homeless, and low income families with housing.
Pros
Tuition assistance
Cons
Salary
Summary
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMarch 7, 2018
Each persons' position and expectations are unique. What may be a pro or con to one is a con or pro to another. You won't know if something is right
Cooperative
Program Director II (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXFebruary 23, 2018
Everyone at Community Access works for the common goal. The atmosphere is cooperative. There are disagreements but it is not personal. It is about the work. There is one goal at the company - success of the company
I love this job. I had to relocate due to family matters.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJanuary 26, 2018
This job required me to care for others in a way the makes you realize how we as (normal) people live take life for granted. I really s enjoyed working with the clients and coworkers.
Fun place if you have no life and like MESS
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 16, 2017
Current employee who has been there for a year a half. A lot of stealing going on with office and the staff. Have no appreciation for clients. Only way to advance is kissing up to the right people in the office. Things stay broke in the home for weeks even up to a month at a time. Always a shortage of things in the homes and case managers take there time getting them. Most of the time clients get sick staff does as well due to lace of proper cleaning supplies. They will try and beat you out of your money and nothing is done by protocol. Will work you like a dog and of course will lie to get you on the team. Beware and take notion at your own risk but I wouldn’t refer a dog if I had one to this company in Tyler, Tx.
Pros
Laid back
job history
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 10, 2017
i love working with my staff and the consumer and the parent of the consumer. i love the hours i work and doing what i did with my consumers. i would train the consumer are everyday living.
community access
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 4, 2017
• Handle central phones for residence and staff
• Monitor residents and their visitors daily
• Ensure safety in facility as well as enforce rules/regulations
• Report regular report in the database system
Wonderful
LVN (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXJuly 11, 2017
This was such a great place to work for. I loved all of my MHMR patients. The DON was awesome. Only drawback? I was the last one hired, the first to be laid off.
Pros
The patients
Cons
Low wages
Drama
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 16, 2017
This is not the best place to work. There are always new people in the office due to the head coordinator who is full of mess and drama. No one knows what they are doing. There is great money to be made, along with lots of overtime due to the company not being able to keep staff. There is so much drama with this company. If you do get hired here, I suggest you just stay to yourself, and do your job. This is not the place to try to be friendly with everyone. MESSY, MESSY, MESSY!!!
Pros
lots of hours= great pay
Cons
unorganized
Great job for college students or parents
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJanuary 4, 2017
Pay was not the best. Hours are amazing. Very flexible schedule with multiple options for locations and clients. Great owner; providing fun company parties, xmas bonuses, outtings for staff and clients. Great learning experience.
Pros
Overnight sleep options, flexible schedule
Cons
Terrible benifits, low wages
Fun place to work
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKSeptember 30, 2015
This company has truly received a bad wrap for things that have happened in the past. I liked working for this company and the clients are wonderful.
Pros
Activities with Clients
Cons
Bad company wrap