Community Access Inc
65Average

Community Access Inc Employee Reviews

United States75 reviews
Liked my job at community access,but I no longer work there.
Community access is a great placeanf offer full care to clients that are not able to take care of themselves. They offer times for them to leave their home and do activities outside of home.
There has been incidents with clients and staff where the staff were at risk from the clients and the company did nothing but point blame on staff and tried to get them fired or worse.. please don't work here the office will not support you. They will make it look like your not a good worker and try and get charges out on you.
Pros
Set schedule
Cons
Company doesn't value employees they are dispensable
They work you like a dog and don’t appreciate you the upper management do not listen or care about you as a person they let one person corrupt the whole company
An agency that not speaks its mission but aims to carry it out. Great employee benefits package. Opportunities for training and advancement. Supportive team work.
They are always hiring and hired me on the spot. They was most of the time the bosses was very helpful and nice. They do need to pay the employees more. They need to want to help out the clients more than usual
Job seekers rely on your experience.
I had the opportunity to empower diverse populations and provide support to others. I felt supported by my company and especially by my direct Supervisor. Over all it has been a great experience! I was able to make enough money to support my family and save as well.
Good stable job. Rely on all employees doing there job. It was a good company to work for management is very good and involved.why are you forcing me to say more than I want to that's unfair if you asked me to do it with you it should be my review not what you want me to do
This company serves such an underserved population and it’s amazing. So many people who work there are wonderful and amazing with the clients, they truly love the people they care for. Some of them however are not there for the right reason. The director of case management is one such person. She’s not there for the client, she’s there because she can do anything she pleases and try and hold her staff accountable . It’s not good
Strongly go out of their way to give full support to individuals in their homes and community. Staff was awesome
With the individuals giving them

The fullest life possible.
the job is low pay, some good bosses and some bad, high job security, but pay is only 9 an hour to scoop feces and allow people to hit you/scream at you/hate on you for doing your job. culture can be toxic because its a cover your own **** first.
Pros
12 hour shifts meaning more days off
Cons
culture and compensation
Is a learning job, every day is different but rewarding. I wish company would provide a more stable schedule but supervisors are nice and polite. The job it self is not difficult
This company is ran poorly and the pay is not good, especially for employees with children to take care of. They overwork you and if a staff member does not show up for the shift, the management does not answer your phone calls.
The typical day started with setting an agenda with the supervisor learning the importance of documentation and time management. The workplace culture had an open-door policy. The hardest part of the job is having a client in crisis ( hospitalized, arrested, or violent). The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the clients get through their day and achieve whatever it is they want to do.
Pros
Having celebrations (holidays) with clients.
Cons
It was a 6 month internship.
Kids will be busy, learn to manage the time. Interact and keep the kids busy. The hardest part of the job is having multiple jobs at once. The most enjoyable part of the job, is I get to work with the kids.
Can be stressful but at the end of the day the work is very rewarding. They will work with you when you have things to do. They understand you have a life as long as you give them a heads up about it first, they have no problem working with situations you may succumb.
Independent care system, had a sense of culture and community and the time that I worked there. The flexible hours the sense of family and flexibility with needing time off vacation etc. communication with rapid turnaround time needed more delivery and giving that information to its employees. But since of the Staples community and how they care as a whole is amazing
I got to interact with the clients who live their and also learned what they are all about. I help them when they needed to find confidence in themselves. I got to know what they like and dislikes.
My experience at Community Access was disappointing considering that I really believe in the work that they do for the community. Unfortunately, during my time there management was disorganized and did very little to offer support to staff. The work environment was hostile, which was a result of the unprofessional staff.

What I did enjoy during my time there was using my training to help and connect with the tenants.
Initiatives do not come with a lot of organizational structure. Worker needs to be able to communicate support needs well, request staff development& clarity. Worker should know own work style. Worker will need to accomplish tasks independently & in a team
I loved getting up and going to work. I loved my clients I cared for. I would do it all over again. I learned how to talk and take the lead of running the house in a way that would not make a disruption to the clients as the needed to keep a routine
I could'nt judge because I worked @ a relatively short space of time. I was on call and I had a primary job to do I was a Security which was my primary job.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Access Inc. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7