Community Action Partnership Of Kern

Community Action Partnership Of Kern Employee Reviews

working with children and familes is wonderf
I learn different skills. I learn how to be a better teacher every day. working with children is fun and teacher need to provide a safe environment for the children.
Inclusive and fun workplace. Incredibly supportive.
Certain branches need to work on management. But the company as a whole does their best to support their employees and the public in many significant ways.
Does not apply
It is a good place to work with great people. Sometimes it is hard to feel like you actually got things done since children are still on the site and walking around.
Horrible Experience
Horrible working for this company, they not protected you, they don’t care about you, they only care about they own benefits, I never would have working for this company again.
I enjoy working with CAPK
The people I interact with are very nice and respectful. I have learned a lot with working for a non profit organization and what great programs CAPK has to offer to the community. I also have a great Director that I report to.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Poor Management
Management allows bullying and gossip, as well as joins in. Management does not assist with issues, but are quick to put down their employees for coming forward with concerns. I would not recommend this organization to anyone wanting to make positive changes.
Cons
Poor management, bullying, rude program managers
Terrible place to work at
The woman there are rude and all they do is talk about each other. The pay is not worth all the stress that comes with the job.management also isn’t very good
Pros
Non
Consistent
-few busy days
-good management

-learned people skills

-relaxed work environment

-food drives are the hardest part of job

-giving back to community is the most enjoyable
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Community Action Partnership Of Kern?
teaching kids
Love working with kids, great bunch of people to work with. being able to see the work i have done years later when a past student tells me how he is doing in school and thanked me for being his or her teacher
great place to work and learn
I love working in the location.
Small classes, lots of support, steady hours and nice pay.

The staff is friendly and the Director is always willing to help in any way that she can.
I loved working with everyone at Community Action Partnership of kern. I had a great experience, met good people , families and was my foundation in m
To start with, I loved working with d agency, had good pay, met great people in every position, learned so much, and it’s a great part of me. The experience was incredible, the trainings, the possibilities of teaching are endless, as well the importance of excellence in the education of children and parents it’s vital
Pros
Non applicable
Cons
Non Applicable
Unappreciative
Good staff, poor management. Work at times was slow. Management would be upset for the lack of work flow but still nothing would be done about it. Very unappreciative.
community action partnership
A very fun place to work at with great people and attitudes. Every one is just such a team player and stress free company. I love working as a receptionist with such great people and feel very good about me helping clients the best of my knowledge.
Everyday is a learning experience
Get work clock in, turn on computers greet parent who will be coming in to drop off there children , start entering data for the day , answer phone , attend collaborative meetings , schedule home visits, schedule parent meetings for the month, etc
Pros
Meals are provided for the children breakfast, lunch, and snack
Cons
very short breaks
Hours
They reason why I left I went from working 32 hours a week to 8 hours a week. No way I could survive. I do miss the job. I worked with some wonderful people. If I could get a full time job it would be lovely.
Pros
great jobs
Cons
horrible hours
Working there were a great place too work. I’ve met new people, gotten alone with everyone, and made sure I did everything I was supposed to do and more. I also learned too keep everything in place and organize, keep areas cleaned, and too communicate with customers in a proper manner and introduce them too who I am and asking them for help
Great work place
Great place to work. Fun environment and great opportunity for growth. Management are friendly. Great opportunity for career advancement.
Pros
great environment
Indispensable part of the community
The agency does important outreach work to an often neglected portion of the population. Clients are treated with respect and celebrated for accomplishments.
Great Co-workers
This is a place where co-workers are willing to support one another for the mission of the organization. Management style is so-so but the Executive Director does a great job in ensuring employees are taken care of.
Food bank volunteer
We sort and stock food and supplies to be distributed to the local families in need. it's a nice atmosphere. The staff is nice and helpful.
Sad place to work find work elsewhere
Stressful, advancement only for friends or brown nosers, you don't have to have experience in order to become a supervisor. The funding is spent frivolously, you have to be careful to whom you communicate with, The gossip makes you advance through the ranks. I have seen them hire inexperienced and then finally fire you six months later when they find out someone else has been doing all your work for you. Also they hire temps keeping them in limbo for over a year and promise them a position. They demote you if your getting older in age over 50+ years old, within the company If you get a interview opportunity it's based on a score, it's not on what you know in experience. Not worth the pay, and the company needs a whole restructuring from main office to the 19th street location.
Pros
Potluck, close to home, paycheck was small
Cons
Demanding co workers, two faced back talking, pretending they are on your side
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Action Partnership Of Kern. Our community is ready to answer.
Community Action Partnership Of Kern Reviews by Location