Community Action Employee Reviews

LVN (Former Employee) –  Alice, TXMay 26, 2018
Enjoyed working with providers and team staff. we had good benefits and once a year the clinic closed and we had a company retreat to help improve our work performance and our team spirit and to meet other staff.
fun place to work
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHMay 19, 2018
I volunteered there it was a very nice establishment I helped customers and filed papers swept the floors cleaned up and helped customers.get there bills paid and file the papers
Data entry is what i enjoy
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cynthiana, KYMay 16, 2018
I love doing data entry so they always had projects like that ready for me. I love doing administrative type work i answered the phones directed clients on which service worker could help them the most helped the ladies with filing and organizing and anything else they needed help with
Pros
hours
Cons
the clients are usually hateful
Loved working for the Community
Work One Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Covington, INMay 14, 2018
Ran reports for the director to evaluate various aspects of the client/management activities. Reviewed case notes and actions taken for all clients to ensure state and federal mandates were being met in relation to the services being offered.
Pros
Loved helping to make sure clients were helped fully
Cons
Laid Off
High turnovers and stressfil
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIApril 24, 2018
When applying with this company ask do they have high turnovers and why. Ask about the attendence policy thats really not designed to work in favor of their emplyees that work around younger kids or have families. Community action agency does not like to be challenged. You are constantly critiqued and looked down on by the upper management. Highly stressful place to work. As a Lead or Assist community action agency will not be offering the option to go on paid outside training that is actually designed and set up to help the teachers like other companies only upper management. Make sure everything is in writing because their words are not reliable. Community action agency does not pay for you to further your career in the field that you work for even though the you will be told that they will provide assistance. Community action agency will change you availability that will fit their needs even after you set a availability time or you will ne reprimanded if you dont agree. Read and know that handbook because it will be used against you alot .
Pros
Lsaving on fridays
Cons
Highly stressful environment
Great way to start having a job experience
Daycare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northampton, MAApril 22, 2018
The program helps you with finding a job and having that experience as well. The people are very kind and do a good job with teaching us about resumes, job interviews, etc.
Pros
Get paid in a good amount and you can change your hours
Cons
You cannot pick the job that you want
Productive and fast paced
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 18, 2018
I have learned a lot of resources volunteering here. My knowledge and training has help me advance in my career choices. The staff is great and they work well with everyone.
I enjoyed dealing with constituents and case work as well as the RAFTProgram
Housing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, MAApril 8, 2018
I enjoyed in person and telephone contacts, the workshop and application process, reorganizing the filing system. The company at times had open positions but they required more experience. I know that the training was poor. You had to grain yourself.
great place to be
Constodian (Current Employee) –  Beloit, WIApril 5, 2018
everyday learning experience. positive energy. great management. nothing hard about it. learning from others. learned about living a positive heathy lifestyle.
Not really a good place for a temp
IT Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMarch 29, 2018
As a temp, they can release you without any rhyme or reason. They had authorized me, a couple of months in advance, to take a couple of weeks leave without pay so that I could take care of personal business outside of the States. The afternoon that I was leaving and after the unemployment office was closed, they told me that I didn't have to come back. So I had to wait until I came back to the US to file for unemployment.
the overall aspect of the job is great
Receptionist assistant (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 29, 2018
just the fact if being able to help people continue living was a great benefit of the job. I didn't work there long because it was temporary but I enjoyed waking up every morning to get to work
Fun work place
Transport Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, ILMarch 29, 2018
Great environment to work. If the pay was more I would have stayed. I enjoyed my work schedule and the people I worked wit as a transit driver. And I enjoyed transporting the people around the city to where they needed to go.
Great place of work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 27, 2018
Wonderful place of business to work for! Starting off at no experience, they really was patient and took their time training me. Caught on fast thanks to them! My coworkers are amazing and my boss is hands down then best boss I ever had!
Productive place to work.
Nutrition Aide (Current Employee) –  Daphne, ALMarch 7, 2018
The company is a nice place to work. I really enjoyed working with the employees. I absolutely love doing my job. I look at the company like family. The hardest part of the job is looking at the older children leave.
Decent place to work. No room to advance.
Home Visitor Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDMarch 2, 2018
Hours varied depending on families wants. Worked a lot of nights. Could not work over 40 hours a week which was very difficult with the caseload we each had as home visitors.
Helps the community, and looks out for those in need.
Bus Monitor (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORFebruary 28, 2018
Thrives to help those in the community find recourses that will be beneficial to they’re families. Helps with housing, education, parenting, weatherization of homes, providing food for those in need
Non Profit
Health Specialist/ Family Planning Clinic (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXFebruary 28, 2018
This is a good place to wk if u r set to wk here and know this is a non profit and will really not get any raises. Has good benefits for employee, hours are easy to wk with
Family Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 16, 2018
Working for this company, you must be pationate for the low income families. You must be will to go beyond the call to assist your families. The hardest part of this job was not being able to assist a client due to them not having proper documents. No culture was exempt from the programs provided. The program assisted families with education, finance classes, payment assistance to utility bills and even food referrals. When ever the resources were not a part of the program, outside resources would be offered.
Pros
Staff dinners
Cons
No comments
on your toes job
Head Start Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Danville, ILFebruary 1, 2018
Every facility is ran differently none have the same set of rules and it is so so sad. This is for the children and it seems that there is so much lacking in this
Pros
lunch
Cons
no structure
fun workplace and very friendly
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHJanuary 29, 2018
The workers there where very friendly and made me feel as if I was part of the team even though I was only there as a temp. It was fast paced work but I always got everything done on time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Action. Our community is ready to answer.