Community Blood Center/Community Tissue Services

Community Blood Center/Community Tissue Services Employee Reviews

Stay away
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 15, 2019
POOR Management, lots of favoritism, clicky, awful hours. Very high turn over. No job security, no work life balance. always looking over you shoulder.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
everything else
Fulfilling
Donor Technician 5 (Former Employee) –  Northern WI and lower MichiganFebruary 20, 2019
Quality assurance. Screening process for each donor. Connect donor. to appropriate procedure to draw blood. Disconnect donor after donation and evaluate donor once done with donation.
Store and package product. Send product to Appleton Lab to be processed.
Pros
Saving lives. Meeting new people.
Cons
Travel
Overall a great first phlebotomy employer
Blood donation specialist/Mobile Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 31, 2019
CBC/CTS is a great foot in the door for a new phlebotomist as I was when I started there. Blood banking specific training is provided, and really is needed for many areas of the job. Be prepared however to have an extremely varied schedule.
Worst job I’ve ever had
Technician (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHJanuary 22, 2019
Terrible place to work. No bathroom breaks. The more lazy you are you will do well. Management is a joke. Favoritism runs rampant there. Your job is threatened on the daily. Gossiping is terrible there. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this place.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, favoritisms, poor management
fun work place
APHERESIS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 15, 2019
a typical day at work is steady and fun, management is good with addressing problems but not keeping things confidential, the most enjoyable part of the job is giving back to the community
Management is awful
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 9, 2019
Management definitely plays favoritism. They talk to you like you are stupid in front of the donors. Complaining does no good because they don't care. The turnover rate is ridiculous. Maybe people would stay if they were treated better.
Pros
Co workers
do not care for it
OZARKS, PHLEBOTOMY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARDecember 25, 2018
supervisor played favorites, not professional work place, tries to get people they dont like fired if you dont fit in you will know it. they are rude and fake,
Poor Management Equals to Poor Morale
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHNovember 24, 2018
Supervisors that threaten your job even when you show up and do your best, management who conveniently lose PTO slips, and HR who picks favorites and doesn’t allow advancement or shift changes unless you are a said favorite.
Pros
Good amount of PTO
Cons
Harassment, Hr, Poor Management, Lack of Proper Training
Professional
Donor Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 17, 2018
I loved working here! I felt like I was making a difference. Everyone was very professional and great to work with. I would highly recommend this place to anyone!
It is nice to know that you are performing a life saving job.
ASSISTANT MANAGER OF PRODUCTION AND DISTRIBUTION (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 3, 2018
Wonderful to work for a non-profit that performs life saving tasks. Unfortunately, the company is not willing to move into the future and accept new innovative ideas.
Pros
Life saving job
Cons
Not an innovative work enivorment
This was a great place to expand and get to know the requirements of the job
SR.MEDICAL LAB TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 22, 2018
It was great when i was beginning in my field. i am not considering returning there at the moment. however, would reccommend anyone to start there.thank you
very challenging, competitve, my co workers were excellent also fun
Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 20, 2018
it was fast paced, educational and I learned a lot, the work was very challenging. My supervisor was understanding and believed in me. My team leader was very informative.
Growing company
QC Chart Review/DIS (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 8, 2018
The company appears top heavy with management but they are trying to set themselves up for the growth that is needed. This company has quadrupled their output in 5 years.
Pros
The company is growing and there is plenty of opportunity
Cons
Question if the company is too top heavy with management
Calling and helping others
Donor Recruitment Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO 64111October 1, 2018
On a daily basis we called and worked with donors to promote giving blood. On days where there was little to no calling we would help anyone in the office that needed help. Some days we would go to sign up tables to promote upcoming blood drives. I learned formal communication skills and I learned a lot about helping people and the benefits of giving blood. This job taught me a lot about working with others for a common goal and to find solutions to problems.
Pros
Free events, free food, community atmosphere, traveling
Cons
short breaks, and unorganized
Horrible management
Sterile tech (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHAugust 14, 2018
Worked for community tissue services for 3 years was sexually harassed on a daily basis. Management is only worried about numbers and is constantly breathing down your neck. If you speak out against anyone over you you will be reprimanded. Constant gossip and bullying.
Great company
Donor Records Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 29, 2018
Love this company and everyone I work with. The management is extremely nice and understanding. They really appreciate and value the workers. They trust you to be independent so there's no "shadowing" or someone over your shoulder all the time
Pros
great staff
Cons
the pay is ok, but starting out, I think it could be better
Management unprofessional, low morale
Driver - Hospital Services (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJJuly 7, 2018
Always being watched, unnecessary discipline, undervalued...as a driver you're being monitored on computer screen as you drive. They tally how many hospital deliveries you can make each shift. The vans are beat up, poor working air conditioners and smelly. As soon as you come back from a long distance delivery and you want to go to lunch they shove another delivery your way.
They charge the hospitals $213.00 per bag of donated blood and only pay you $12.50 an hour to drive to deliver those bags of blood.
You must be really desperate for a job to work there.
Pros
Commute
Cons
management, low wages, undervalued, high pressure.
Travel was a plus
Certified Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 18, 2018
My time in CBC was really learning process specially with the Pele of Kansas very colorful towns and people are so warm so my coworkers, my supervisor very excellent person
Pros
2 weeks schedule
Cons
but schedule little bit inflexible specially with dr's appointments
not bad
apheresis RN (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 11, 2018
Not bad at all in terms of healthcare organizations. A lot of people working in close quarters and you have a lot of gossip. It could be better controlled by management. The people usually starting the trouble are immature.
management is biased
Donor Technician, mobile driver (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 23, 2018
management changed and its very biased. The place is becoming more like bio life. very rigid manangement. No room for advancement if you are not a favorite.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Blood Center/Community Tissue Services. Our community is ready to answer.