Community Care Alliance Employee Reviews

Laden with every ism there was
Executive Management (Former Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 15, 2019
Community Care Alliance of Illinois could be a very good company, however, leadership is a group that has been fired and migrated from location to location, so the same mentally follows to each new location. Management hires friends and families and provides no over sight in wrong doing when associated with friends. Outsiders are penalized or let go for calling out injustices or expressing dissatisfaction. If you speak up about the high school mentally you are penalized. The organization knows of sexist, racist, under hand tactics and sweeps it under the rug. Lies are told to clients, which impacts the level of care provided and/or received by clients. Practices violate Medicare laws.
Pros
Cons
Too many
Turnover makes it impossible for clients to trust you
Worker Bee (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIJanuary 26, 2019
Low moral made worse by management. Leaders hang out with employees on off time and spills over in teams. Gossipy and cut throat. Pay does not correlate with experience and training. Employees are aware of pay imbalances, they threaten firing for talking about it instead of fixing. Let good employees go. Few are valued, most treated as replaceable. This environment hurts clients who can go through 3 or more caseworkers per year, never fully trusting because they can't.
Pros
Gain experience to use elsewhere.
Cons
working lunches, low pay
good workplace
Treatment Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Providence, RIJanuary 18, 2019
The most enjoyable part of the job is the schedule. Higher end management is the greatest. The work is easy. The hardest part of the job may be handling clients that become aggressive.
Stay away. Stay far away.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIJanuary 17, 2019
High rate of turnover, low pay, terrible management, and large caseloads. Case workers are essentially uber drivers and are expected to go above and beyond their job description. Management does nothing to help.
Pros
Paycheck, medical coverage
Cons
Terrible managment
great people to work with
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIJanuary 15, 2019
this job has great benefits with tons of vacation time,sick time and life insurance. If your looking for a job with great people to work with this is the place. Rewarding experience with clients as well
great work environment but no growth
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RISeptember 14, 2018
outstanding co-workers and very educational for skills but there is no growth and there is to many people in charge too many bosses, a lot of unnecessary, unqualified supervisors under supervisors too many chain of commands
Pros
the employees
Cons
no growth and too many chains of command
A great work space
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RISeptember 1, 2018
I work in the youth center for teens i would clock in 8 am have my morning sit down with the crew and we would put a list of what to do for the day so my job was organized and enter files on the computers make calls for the youth center. I learn organization, data entry, professionalism, customer care. the hard parts was keep everyone on the same page of organization with appointments
Pros
two breaks at a time
Great Job; Flexible Hours; Great Bosses
Re-Entry Resource Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIJune 30, 2018
I love how supported I feel here. Anything I ask for in training, learning, etc, I am encouraged to do. They work around my schedule and encourage to take time off! Benefits are really great, pay, however, is lower than I would like. My bosses are fantastic and very much are approachable. I am very happy with the department I am in. The agency itself is rather large and I do not know anything about the other departments.
Pros
Feel supported, encouraged, great benefits
Cons
lower pay than most places
Caring Place
Cleaning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RI 02895May 14, 2018
They really do try their best but the main office is not very fair. The shelter is lowest paid but does the most work. They handle disrespect and hard clients very well.
Pros
Management tries to keep the workers happy
Cons
Not paid enough for amount of work
good place.
Substance Abuse Counselor Intern (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIMarch 10, 2018
they strive to go out of their way to help people. Helping people is the only way to work. If you can help someone you go along way to making this world a much better place.
The workplace enviroment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIFebruary 28, 2018
Working at Community Care Alliance is very relaxing but stressfull at the same time. It is a Team player atmosphere.

The providers are very caring and nuturing.
well put together
Junior Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIFebruary 16, 2018
It was an entertaining and enjoyable job... The managers and supervisors were very nice and would appreciate your hard work. It rarely went unnoticed.
Poor working environment
Substance abuse counselor (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIJanuary 13, 2018
Would never recommend working here. Management is cut throat. Co-workers are not supportive. No set working hours and training is non existent.would disuade people from working here.
Pros
Non existent
Cons
Poor management
Decent place to start in the field.
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIOctober 3, 2017
A good place to work at the beginning of your career. Many trainings, a manageable caseload, good co-workers and exciting programs.

Good benefits package, not exactly where one will work forever, but a good place to start your career in human services.
Pros
Good paid time off, flexible schedule
Cons
Weak management, lower starting pay than some other agencies
Supportive and family-centered workplace
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIJune 2, 2017
Since I have started at the agency I have noticed the overwhelming amount of supervisor involvement. There is not a week that goes by where I am not asked by my supervisor or another one in the building about how I am feeling about my cases and if I need any help with anything. There is always someone to direct questions to. The caseload is also very manageable and I have never felt over worked. Additionally, the flexibility and benefits make up for the low wages. I think this is a great place to work and mostly a great place to learn. This job as case manager would be great for anyone but especially those that are new to the field. Because of the numerous programs that exist within the agency, there is always room to grow and learn new things about the field. Community Care Alliance is also constantly offering trainings and allowing its employees to advance and broaden their knowledge.
Pros
Warm and welcoming environment
Amazing program with great leadership!
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIJune 1, 2017
I see some reviews about the agency, but none of these are accurate for this particular program. (And some are quite exaggerated overall). This is a mission-based program providing an invaluable service to families. There is a great deal of flexibility for staff, and constant support from leadership. This is a great opportunity!
Pros
flexibility, supervision, support, benefits, decent salary for CM role
Cons
emotional job due to nature of the work
Fun fun fun
Youth counselor (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIMay 31, 2017
If you love working with kids and other young adults you will live this job. You do education activites, arts,writing and much more. There are a varied amount of groups you can enter as well.
Pros
Good people, cleanly establishment
Productive and Fun Workplace
Junior Counselor (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIMay 19, 2017
- I learned how to communicate with customers in professional manner.
- They provided workshops to teach us how to time manage.
- The job was most enjoyable to due to the open environment that the employers tried to provide.
Clients are great and coworkers are fun
Substance Abuse Counselor/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIApril 25, 2017
Its a company that tries to provide multiple benefits to many clients in the community. However, they tend to neglect to make changes to benefit their employees.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
low pay
Interesting work place, variety of educational skills
Psychiatric Nurse (Former Employee) –  RIMarch 10, 2017
EXcellent work environment, on site trainings,excellent team work.multitasking experience, computer training/electronic records used. Experience in co-ordinating patient services with other disciplines /hospitals, doctors offices , other health care facilities.
Pros
FRiendly work environment
Cons
PArking