Community Care of West Virginia, Inc. Employee Reviews

Would not recommend
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Buckhannon, WVSeptember 13, 2019
Work/life balance are good because they close at the end of the day. Work environments are good. However, Administration is rude. They speak to staff inappropriately. The culture from administration is that nurses are a dime a dozen. If one doesn't like it another one will fill her place shortly. It is unfortunate. Pay is not competitive and they continuously increase job demand and write ups are given out like breath mints.
Sbhc
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  700 OAKMOUND ROAD CLARKSBURG, WVMay 10, 2019
Great workplace, fun and active, love being in different schools and working with different age groups. Able to keep up with nursing skills,blood draws, medication, sports physicals, enjoy the different schools. The hours are great and off in the summer..
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay rate
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Buckhannon, WVApril 30, 2019
A great service to the community and a good mission. Wonderful people and good pay. The benefits are really good and the free medical care for family is a nice perk.
Pros
purpose
Cons
constant change
Would not recommend.
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVFebruary 20, 2019
I do not recommend working at Community Care. While I enjoyed my coworkers, upper management is terrible. The turn over rate is high because they do not care about employees, only how much money they are making. The only reason why I stayed as long as I did is because I truly enjoyed the patients and some of my coworkers but eventually enough was enough.
Pros
No Co Pays
Cons
Low Pay. Stressful. Disrespectful Environment
They give you PTO, however you have to use that to be paid for holidays on which the office is closed.
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Buckhannon, WVOctober 16, 2018
I did not want to stay with CCWV after the OB staff moved. They did not have a place to put me after that anyway so they did not try to keep any of their staff from that department.
Productive and Caring
Patient Navigator (Current Employee) –  West Milford, WVAugust 14, 2018
Community Care of West Virginia in West Milford is dedicated to their patients. The staff strives to meet exceptional goals to provide the best care available.
It has some flaws
Employee (Current Employee) –  West VirginiaApril 4, 2018
It's hard to feel like you're being heard when you express concerns about company procedures. Burnout it also a major concern as the workload is fairly substantial.
Team Work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Gassaway, WVMarch 27, 2018
We were very fast paced to say the least. On board was one Primary Care Physician M-F and our Care Express side we normally had two Mid-Level providers on staff M-F 8-8 and rotating hours on Sat. & Sun.

Everyone worked as team if a nurse needed help cleaning rooms I would help them. If a receptionist was off I would fill in.

All of us got along very well and we all had each others back. It was a good place to work. Employees from other sites would say I want to work at the Weston site.

We did birthday dinners, baby showers, and the hardest one going away dinners.

I enjoy being busy.
Pros
We worked as a team and we did it well.
Cons
Managment only wanted all sites to work exactly the same and that was just not possible.
Great Place to work
Family/Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WV 26330January 23, 2018
Great place to work. Nice people and good atmosphere. Wonderful collaboration with providers. Enjoy working here. Will continue to work at CCWV for years to come
no room for advancement
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Buckhannon, WVDecember 28, 2017
there was no room for advancement and management only cared about themselves. they did not look out for their employees. also people who smoke get special treatment and get to take more breaks while the ones who dont smoke dont. the work environment was a double standard.
reasonable shifts, high population of mental health and psych, reasonable pay
Family Medicine Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVDecember 14, 2017
FQHC, loan repayment available through NHSC
multiple clinics throughout the state. Ability to see acute and chronic care patients. Works with NPs, PAs, DOs, and MDs.
positive work invironment
Receptionist/Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gassaway, WVNovember 17, 2015
A typical work day for me consisted of checking patients in and out, reviewing patients information, making any necessary changes, entering insurance information, making sure patients have signed the required papers. From reception I also did a lot of other things in the office, I'm an MA so I helped the nurses get patients vitals when they were behind. I also took the job of a referral clerk, so I scheduled needed procedures, got precertification for test, scheduled patients with specialists. My co-workers were great, but sometimes you have the ones that don't think they need to do anything but their job. If we are a TEAM, a team helps each other out. The hardest part of the job was dealing with management. I enjoyed my job very much, I loved working with the patients, and I love to type and work on the computer.
Pros
free lunches from drug reps
Cons
not everyone putting in a team effort.