Community Child Care Center Employee Reviews

5 Stars
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pullman, WAOctober 23, 2018
Community Child Care Center is a great place to work! Kids are awesome to work with and great co workers who are supportive and encouraging! Large management team to help with everything you need.
Fun place to work with all the kids
Cook/Floater (Former Employee) –  Kimberly, WISeptember 11, 2018
I was a cook for a couple years and also a floater and got to be with all the different ages of the kids. Had a blast being with kids. Pay was to low as a single person
Pros
Free lunches
Reviewed
Director (Former Employee) –  621 9th St, Huntsville, TexasAugust 22, 2018
It was a good job that I received as soon as I graduated with my Masters degree in Administration. I was the Licensed Director of the Center with 11+ employees under my Supervision. I trained the Teachers with Educational modules approved by the Texas Department of Family and Regulatory Services. I maintained the tuition receipts and did the banking deposits on a daily basis. I maintained the USDA reports as well as the Workforce reports for parents who were in their program. I also purchased the food for the on-site Cook. It was a good experience and it prepared me for helping to organize the Roxie Douglas Learning Institute.
Pros
It was a good training experience.
Cons
It was an extreme amount of work for one person to perform
Productive, and Helpful
Daycare Teacher (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNApril 9, 2018
I worked with a company that was " Great " when I started everyone was so helpful. I felt comfortable, which made it easy to do my job.
The Director, and Assistant Director were always available to answer any questions I needed to ask. The parents were given a daily report
of the child's day, and if there were any question they would be addressed.
A typical day
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIOctober 12, 2017
A typical day at community would be assisting Lead Teachers in Lesson Plans and caring for the children. The work environment is nothing like I've had before. I would highly recommend this place to anyone.
Extremely bad management
Fiscal Manager (Current Employee) –  Pullman, WASeptember 20, 2017
The agency is great, but management has serious problems that have gotten worse over the years. This makes it impossible for me to continue to work there.
fun place to work
Aide (Former Employee) –  Colfax, WASeptember 4, 2017
I was an aide to head start. Sometimes depending on the kids it was stressfull. But all staff was loving and kind to the kids in all situations and cared well for their employees.
Loving and Friendly Environment
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIMay 1, 2017
I loved working here and miss it very much. The people were personable and some of the best friends I've ever had. Going to work everyday was fun and enjoyable.
Pros
Paid breaks, flexible schedules, work days were four tens with one extra day off a week
Cons
Disorganized
Fun and exciting place to work
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kimberly, WIJanuary 3, 2017
I loved the kids and my Co-workers! The management needs a little work, always late with the schedule. And very hard to work with taking days off.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Short breaks
Loved the atmosphere
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norway, MENovember 8, 2016
I really enjoyed working at this center. I was able to be in all of the different rooms and work with all age groups. I also helped the teachers plan different activities for the children.
Good for families bad for employees
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNAugust 9, 2016
Way out of ratio, not enough supplies, most employees follow little to no DHS guidelines I.e do not wash tables before meals, throw toys around room, hand out food with hands (no gloves on).
Cons
No benefits whatsoever
Very productive, comfortable,caring and safe environment
Teacher Trainee (Former Employee) –  Avon Park, FLOctober 21, 2015
I personally would enjoy working u dear a company like community. They are very concerned the children's educations.i learned a lot about the children's ability to advance at an early age with this center.
Pros
Willing to help get trained
Cons
Good benefits
Fun work place
Teacher - One Year Old Classroom Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 22, 2014
I loved working with the children. Funding was a problem that limited resources. Loved doing arts and crafts. Typical day: Morning Circle Time, Breakfast, arts and crafts, choice play time, lunch, nap, snack,after noon circle time, choice play, departure.
Pros
Hour lunch break
Cons
Funding
interesting and variety of workday
Pre-Kindergarten Teacher (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth New HampshireJuly 9, 2014
a great part time environment. never boring. variety in my workday as a support staff member.
Pros
fun and interesting
Cons
very low salary
It's an okay business
Cook (Former Employee) –  Pullman, WAJune 29, 2014
A typical day at work would include making breakfast and lunch in the morning, doing dishes after each meal, and sending snack out in the afternoon, cleaning the kitchen before you leave, and making sure everything is ready for the next day. I felt management wasn't very personable. I felt unwelcome by management. The hardest part of the job was when the other centers cook is done for the summer and you're responsible for making meals for three different centers. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the teachers and the staff. They were very welcoming.
Pros
Good work hours
Cons
to much work for one person to do.
Great Head Start/ECEAP program for the kids/families
Support Aide (Former Employee) –  Pullman, WAJune 13, 2012
I worked with the two lead teachers to get children's health records, nutrition/general information, home visits and parent/teacher conferences, height/weight, hearing/vision, and all screenings entered into a program called PROMIS. I made sure all screening were done and turned in by the 45-day deadline. I assisted in the classrooms. Drove the small white busses on field trips. Made sure all children were up to date on their physical and dental appointments. Answered phones and greeted parents at both drop off and pick up locations. Collected monthly payments. I was the closing office assistant and had to make sure the building was locked up/secured after the last child was picked up. I also fulfulled the role of Family Advocate for the last 6 months of working there. I had to help families find all the information that was available for their concerns...for example; Heating/Electric, Food/Clothing banks, Energy...etc.
I learned a new computer system called PROMIS.
Management never really seemed to be on the same page, which made it very hard for employees to understand how to do something correctly.
My co-workers were great. We all got along and worked very well with one another. The kids knew that they couldn't "Teacher Shop" because we were all on the same schedule of how the classroom worked.
The hardest part of the job was communicating with the management. They were hard to approach and didn't take a lot of issues as seriously as they probably should have.
The most enjoyable part of the job was most definitely the KIDS! They made every day worthwhile.
Pros
free lunches, great benefits, paid for your extra schooling.
Cons
short breaks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Child Care Center. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about