Community College of Aurora Employee Reviews

Great place
Adjunct professor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 6, 2018
Teachers are really supportive of each other. I like the diversity and maturity of the students there. The D2L system can be a bit tricky to manipulate.
Good
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 7, 2018
I was working as a work study so my job ended when classes ended. I really enjoyed the company and would have no complaints against them at this time.
Don't expect respect
Media Services Administrator (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 2, 2018
The place is run like a feudal system. Workers are peasants, management is nobility, and HR functions as the knight class... protecting the nobles and keeping the peasants in line. While management can't get away with breaking the law, anything else is fair game. For instance, you can't go to prison for lying, so they don't mind using it.

I wouldn't advise working here. It's more trouble than its worth. And if you work here, buddy up with the powerful people because its the only way to survive.
Pros
They have good insurrance and PTO
Cons
It's not worth it.
Great management
Temporary Sales Associate (Seasonal), Bookstore (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 30, 2018
I work on the sales floor at the cash register at the Community College of Aurora and help students find their textbooks. The manager is helpful and answers any questions from his employees. My manager taught me how to use the cash register. The hardest part of the job is dealing with rude customers.
Pros
Great manager
Cons
Rude customers
Great faculty and students; poor management
Technician (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 21, 2018
I loved my job at CCA until a change in management made it intolerable. Those in management positions at CCA are not always the most qualified, so poor mangement practices are not uncommon. I saw highly experienced, dedicated employees suddenly terminated without recourse. It's a shame, because CCA provides educational opportunities to a diverse student population and can be a rewarding place to work.
Very great place to work, friendly atmosphere
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 7, 2018
Community College of Aurora is a great place to work. Friendly staff, this college helps bring the community together with faculty and staff. Plenty of advancement opportunities.
I would do it again
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 23, 2018
Community College of Aurora is an institution that cares deeply about the students. I have nothing bad to say about the institution. I enjoyed working there as an adjunct faculty. I would do it again and I regularly look for possible faculty openings. I enjoyed working there and I enjoyed teaching the students.
Pros
Cares deeply about the students.
Cons
Was a good place to work
Director of Fiscal Operations (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 16, 2018
This was my first Director position and I learned so much more that I feel that I have become a better Manager. Typical day was working with the students. Hardest part of my job was I needed to let people go. Most important part of my job was working with my staff.
Family work environment, fun, and effective
Administrative Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 13, 2018
A typical day at work at the Community College of Aurora is seeing students on the daily, helping them with the process of their Financial aid, viewing their status with them, and a lot of social interaction with the staff and the students.

Management is great we work as a work family and have plenty of meetings to assure that things are going well within our office.

We have a variety of culture working in our department so there are no issues with only one ethnic group working within our office.

The hardest part of the job would be dealing with a difficult student.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that we get to go on retreats just with our office and get to spend a day having fun with each other.
Pros
retreats
Cons
not enough vacation time
Enrollment Clerk (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 14, 2017
I was an student doing work study that gave me the office skills to help further my skills in the office.
I had to scan documents to make sure that it was correctly in the right student file.
Pros
helping other students
Cons
good experience
Very productive, fun workplace
Financial Aid Advisor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CO 80011November 13, 2017
I enjoyed working and helping students as their financial Aid Adviser. I saw that it help make their lives better as they continued towards their education.
Pros
Free Lunches and perks
Cons
Healthcare etc.
I had a lot of fun and had the best manager you could ever have (brilliant and kind). It really stretched me and I learned the reality of the field.
Lab Assistant/Work Study (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 20, 2017
My job was a work study position. I worked in the science department and had to overcome distrust from all of the science teachers. But once they found I was reliable and easy to get along with, they gave me many projects. I loved working with them.
Pros
You get to work with people in your future field.
Cons
You can only work while you are in school there.
No advancement
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 24, 2017
I taught 8-10 classes per year for six years. I taught film classes for the Colorado Film school. The college wants higher degrees for faculty but doesn't want to pay competitive wages.
Pros
Time off
Cons
No advancement and pay
Great work environment
ADMISSIONS ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  16000 E CENTRETECH PARKWAY AURORA, CO 80011June 7, 2017
I really enjoyed working there. The students and staff were very friendly and welcoming. The staff cared about my professional development and life as a student. Each day I learned something new and met many diverse people from different cultures.
Pros
Good management team
Diverse campus
Adjunct Professor-Computer Info Sys Mgmt (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 26, 2017
Community College of Aurora is a diverse campus of traditional and non-traditional students. If someone desires to return to school, CCA i to be a student. it is also a good place to work. The faculty/administration works hard to help students to meet their education goal.
Pros
Understands the older student
Great learning environment.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 22, 2017
I had a lot of fun as a student and teaching assistant at the same time. great experience with great people and great institution. Overall I can recommend this institution to anyone seeking a great learning and teaching experience..
Associate of Science (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 29, 2016
Great place to start learning and prepares you for a four year institution. Loved the campus overall and all the staff members as they help me succeed.
Comfortable
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 16, 2016
Comfortable place to work with good coworkers and ability to do my classwork. Coworkers were helpful with helping me learn the tasks.
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 28, 2016
I loved my position here! Everyone that I had intraction with were so friendly and helpful. If I hadn't moved 2000 miles away, I would still be there!!!
Overall friendly and supportive.
Philosophy Instructor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 10, 2016
Teaching at the Community College of Aurora has much to recommend it. Sharing a common goal--effective teaching--with the people around me is very rewarding. Overall, the work culture is friendly and supportive. Unfortunately, the drawbacks, curtailed per-class pay for adjunct faculty and uncertainty regarding class load from semester to semester, make for a fair amount of stress. I would like to continue teaching online part-time while working at another position part-time, preferably mornings.