Community College of Aurora Employee Review

View all Community College of Aurora reviews

Supportive and encouraging
Research Biologist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 23, 2012
In working as a research biologist, I was able to see my research through from concept to final post-flight testing. I wrote proposals to secure a flight, wrote all safety documents, and final reports. I was able to design and build the research payload, and perform flight component testing. Often, revisions had to be made due to the conditions of the flight. For instance, bacteria were modified throught transformation, the media was adjusted, and temperatures had to be maintained throughout the flight. It was challenging to find, or create suitable components for flight, but this was also very educational. It was sometimes challenging to work as a team and discover the strengths of teammates. Seeing the research payloads fly upon the NASA platforms was very fulfilling, however the most enjoyable part of my job was participating in the astronaut training program and flying on the "vomit comet" to perform some biological testing.
Pros
flexible schedule, ability to be creative
Cons
grant funding

Other Community College of Aurora Employee Reviews

Good
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 7, 2018
I was working as a work study so my job ended when classes ended. I really enjoyed the company and would have no complaints against them at this time.
Don't expect respect
Media Services Administrator (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 2, 2018
The place is run like a feudal system. Workers are peasants, management is nobility, and HR functions as the knight class... protecting the nobles and keeping the peasants in line. While management can't get away with breaking the law, anything else is fair game. For instance, you can't go to prison for lying, so they don't mind using it.

I wouldn't advise working here. It's more trouble than its worth. And if you work here, buddy up with the powerful people because its the only way to survive.
Pros
They have good insurrance and PTO
Cons
It's not worth it.