Community College of Philadelphia Employee Reviews

Great Place to work but my boss was not supportive
Executive Secretary to Vice President (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 14, 2018
It was a great place to work (this was years ago), my boss was very self-affected and not too supportive. I got it though, he was career driven and quite political.
Pros
Great Place to Work; Learning Environment
Cons
Did not mesh well with boss
Nice Work Study position
Office Clerk (Work Study) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 8, 2018
If you need extra money without any benefits, then working here is great. There's not much to say about working for work-study. it is a job that helps you to get by while in college.
Position Ended
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 15, 2018
Our department ended up closing and the college decided to do things a different way and position ended quickly. I worked in the school's call center and students could call and register and ask for information to be sent to them about the school, but made an application and availability to enroll in classes online instead of student being able to call in
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Position ended without new job
Great place for part time employment
Bursar Teller (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 11, 2018
I only worked here as a temp and had a nice learning experience here. It was for the most part quite and the time went by pretty fast.
I was sad to leave but I enjoyed everyone in the department.
Fun and Rewarding place to work
PHEAA State Grant Programs (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 27, 2018
Enjoy working at CCP. the hours and benefits are unbeatable.
The management are flexible.
Most of the people working here have been here most of their
work career.
Interesting place to work when you are a student
Laboratory Tech, Assistant to the Lab Director (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 21, 2018
No typical day at work due to varying class schedules. Needed to be able to multitask due to the needs of the students and the professors.
It was a great place to work to accommodate your own class schedule.
Pros
Got to work with a lot of different analytical equipment
Cons
Low pay
Not bad. They are friendly
Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 15, 2018
Pretty good if you don't care the wages.
I was a student tutor, so don't know too much about it
but I can't write 150 characters.
anyway it was a general school work place
N/a
Educational Support Coach/Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 14, 2018
Strong College Going Culture. Student Centered Approach. Communal Atmosphere. Quality Educational Services & Academic Offerings. Pleasant Work Environment.
A good place to grow Academically
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 7, 2018
I enjoyed each morning, as I opened up the Computer Lab. then, at about the end of the 2nd class(around 9-9:30 a.m.), the first wave of students would come in. there were usually no immediate issues that I had to address, mainly, navigating the learning software for the new students. That aside, I would have a stress-free day.
Joy of experiencing new transferrable skills in administrative environment
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 29, 2018
As a work study student, I had a taste of the real work place with hand on experience. Observing behind the screens of the financial aid department interacting with confindential information of those attending the instituion, I was entrusted to perform as one of the professional administrator who obtain creditals to work full time. The staff taught me valuable skills I had never learned prior to working with them. It was a relax environment because operating with numbers and calculations belonging to the government and citizens privacy info for the IRS required carefull details. The limited time to collect the information from students meeting deadlines for the admission department was a chain linked to enroll them into their desired courses. I am enriched by these opportunities to change my career path from manual labour to administrative /clerical skills. Thank you
Pros
Various experience are mentored by senior financial aid veterans in the work force
Cons
Not acquiring a foundation in that career field, however, causes one to focus on to set goal for another profession
Awful Place to work
Adjunct Instructor, Reading and Writing (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 26, 2018
The students are awful!! My immediate supervisor was awful and disrespectful. The students do not know how to be students. I had one student leave my class early for weeks and then was surprised to learn that she was failing because of her unexcused absences.
Lead Office Student Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 23, 2018
I enjoyed working at CCP because I am a people person and there are more then enough people to communicate with at CCP on the daily basis. The culture at CCP has become much better in the past 6 years.
Pros
Friendly place to work, always a learning experience.
Cons
Low paying
about CCP
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 22, 2018
Great place to work and further your education while doing so I made new freinds learned a lot of new things also chance to learn other department overall a great place to work+
Internship (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 17, 2017
Apparently the system is messed up but "PAID" is THIS. I work in the security department of a college printing out ID's for students and helping them with issues.
Clam atmosphere and meet a lot of people
Student Helper (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 4, 2017
The job overall was great however I wish I could have stayed I like that fact that I worked with people from different cultures and got to help many. The manager I had was wonderful she was very understanding. The hardest part of the job was handling stressful situation between students especially when I had to write incidents reports when security had to be called.
Pros
off on the weekends
Cons
less pay less hours
Overall it was a great place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 27, 2017
I had a really good time working with my boss at the office, the only problem was that we did not have enough personnel to manage the number of international applicants we have. I learned a lot about different cultures while working at the Internationas Student Services, and also about the dinamics of the office as well as international matters. The hardest part was dealing with as many applicants as we had with just 2 people within our office that can take of the applications.
Overall great place to work while attending school.
C I S Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 13, 2017
Community College of Philadelphia respects and treats the workers very well. As a worker at CCP you get the opportunity to work as well as do homework assignments. I was able to train all new workers. I was able to network with staff and students.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
No chance for advancement
Na
Adjunct Faculty, Department of English (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 10, 2017
The culture of the college was dedicated and committed to students. There were many opportunities for professional development and faculty were support by the administration and invited to participate in curriculum changes.
As a work study I really enjoyed the enviroment
Customer Service Representative/Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 27, 2017
I was under the work study program that was beneficial in me receiving some office work skills as well as customer service. The workplace culture was professional, yet relaxed. The hardest part of the job was learning the skills needed to be efficient in the financial aid department; which coincidentally, was also the most enjoyable part of the job as well as working with my fellow work study employees.
Nice work atmosphere and good people to be around.
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 27, 2017
It was a great work place. Good College Staff and my fellow security officers. My Director of Security, my two security managers, and my coordinator of security were the best.
Pros
Free Benefits and Free Tuition
Cons
Short Lunch Breaks and Vice President is a disagreeable person who has, "No concept of security and what it takes to achieve it!"