Community College of Philadelphia Employee Reviews

Great rewarding job
Student Tutor - Learning Lab (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 19, 2019
Great learning environment. the staff are highly motivated and love what they do. Students come into the lab and are quickly assisted with a specialist to assist their needs.
Pros
Enjoyable and rewarding
Cons
Not enough pay
Great work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 15, 2019
I love the director and my supervisors. The training was efficient. The staff was great. We had time to study. They treated you like staff members. We had some awesome holiday party.
Good plan to work and there can be a lot that you can learn here.
Administrative Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 13, 2019
Working at CCP has been great. I work in a lively department and have good relations with my peers. Since my inception at CCP, I have learned a great deal and have forged many good relations with people in various departments. CCP has a great tuition remission programs for workers and their family members. The only setback for myself and others is that they offer no career incentive programs. Over the last few years a lot of people have retired and have left the College.
Cons
Biggest setback - No career advancement
The art faculty and students are great!
Studio Assistant Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 11, 2019
Work-study opportunities at CCP are great for acquiring knowledge but the pay isn't enough to sustain yourself. I was working in the art department as a part-time work-study studio assistant technician. I loved what I was doing but as I said, I couldn't enjoy as much because of the pay.
Great Benefits
Office Administrative Assistant A (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 19, 2019
Worked for the college for almost 10 years. Things pretty much stay the same as not much change occurs. You can count on the same job duties daily .
Productive and fun working environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 4, 2019
I leaned a lot while working at CCP. Everyday is always different and it is a great work environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of the students after we've helped them.
Peer Tutoring
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 22, 2019
• Tutor students in Python on programming fundamental, Database Management System (MySQL), and Computer Networking
• Lead group study sessions in classroom settings as well as focused one-on-one reviews
• Design study guides based on individual student needs and followed up with students to make sure their target grades
Great part time career to start
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 22, 2019
The college offers a vast selection of student related jobs to better further the student's resume. However, due to the lack of benefits such as higher pay or health, the college lost scores because if that issue. It is overall, a good part time job for people to start with.
Pros
Time to do outside classwork
Cons
Pay and Health Care
Community college
Academic Mentor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 11, 2019
working is great and comfortable however management lets employees get too comfortable. People forget that we are here for the students, thats the job.
Work - Study
Financial Aid Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 26, 2018
I worked as a work-study student at Community College. I enjoyed meeting other students and staff from many different cultures and backgrounds. I embrace diversity at Community College. I really love working under my supervisors leadership, that experience has been invaluable and priceless to me. I am truly grateful to work at Community College. I helped student apply for financial aide, grants, and referred them to one of the financial analyst for FASFA and Student Loans. I also provided them with payment plan options as well. It has been rewarding to be a student and help other students achieve their financial goals to continue furthering their education.
Pros
I recieved more clerical experience.
Cons
It was a permanent position.
community College
Learning Lab Tutor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 10, 2018
CCP Is a plus that allow you to meet many new people. People range from various walks of life. I often tutored students who did not finish high school and helped them achieve their goals.
A typical day at work
SENIOR BUYER (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 7, 2018
A typical day at work usually involved problem solving and assuring that services and goods were ordered and received in a timely manner. A lot of time was spent interacting with various stakeholders to help solve any complaints or concerns.
Not Your Typical Adjunct Position
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 3, 2018
As an Adjunct in Workplace Development, it is good to be in the pool of active faculty, but because assignments are by employer requests, consistency is an issue. I enjoy the variety of having different audiences but would love to be regular faculty and be able to teach my courses on an ongoing basis.
Pros
variety of assignments; ability to adapt curriculum
Cons
Inconsistency of assignments, inability to leverage current position for other in-house opportunities (union issue)
Fun with co-workers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 12, 2018
It was a very fun place to work. We worked as a team. Later things changed. I must say there are still some departments that work together and are like family. Different regimen, different atmosphere.
Pros
Needed time off. No problem.
Cons
Good Benefits.
Great place for employment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 9, 2018
I wish I could have stayed at CCP longer but because it was work study once I graduated I had to leave. I had a great boss who was always there when I needed her.
Loved my internship.the
Kitchen Aid/work study (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 9, 2018
This was a great for learning much of the administrative back of the house procedures. I loved my time hear and great chefs i worked under. Anyone that has an opportunity to do this internship should.
Awesome
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 13, 2018
everyone was so nice and pleasant. i like to work at this job because i stayed busy. i was working under some nice people who made sure i stayed busy. i was on my internship working in the business department that sent out flyers and communications to help get their programs out in the community to build their clientele. i also ran errands and sent out mail to potential students for their program.
Pros
1hr for lunch
Prestige
RN Community Clinical Insttuctor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 6, 2018
Very interactive, supportive. This time at CCP allowed me to examine the fact that quality care starts at home. Once in the hospital most patients understand they will be discharged home and their care can continue to be quality care in a home community setting.
Very lax
Work Study Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 20, 2018
The job was lax for the most part but it depended on the time of year in the semester. A typical day at work was helping students trying to use software or just managing the general upkeep of the computers.
Pros
helping students
Cons
Trying to assist everyone at once
good place to work
Culinary Instructor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 8, 2018
Best part of the job would be the students, The culture is very diverse and that is a distinct benefit to working for the college. The hardest part of the job, is some of the programs don't schedule classes every semester, that makes it hard for some students to graduate on time