Community College of Philadelphia Employee Reviews in Philadelphia, PA

Lovely campus. Good facilities. Pleasant co-workers.
Adjunct Instructor of Philosophy (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 13, 2019
My experience as an adjunct faculty member has been better here than anywhere else. With a union, we have better pay, health care benefits (school pays half) and seniority.
blank
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Spring Garden Street, Philadelphia, PAJune 10, 2019
I'm not happy to leaving a public review for PCC. It's a big place and it's hard to get anything done. There are too many things going on. Nothing gets finished
Pros
Great salaries and benefits
Good
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 8, 2019
Hard to get into the classes. I enjoyed teaching otherwise as I got experience into academic roles. Pay could be better, but for a 3 hour class, its not bad.
Alright Job
Student Ambassador Program (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 3, 2019
Worked as a student ambassador at CCP for two semesters. Great pay, excellent co-workers, and flexible scheduling. Managers and supervisors were available and attentive.
Fun workplace
Business Services (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19130May 20, 2019
Was able to work and go to school working at Community College of Philadelphia. Learn a lot using the copy machines and was able to use the copy machines for school graphic projects.
Pros
Longer breaks
Cons
Not enough pay
Great rewarding job
Student Tutor - Learning Lab (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 19, 2019
Great learning environment. the staff are highly motivated and love what they do. Students come into the lab and are quickly assisted with a specialist to assist their needs.
Pros
Enjoyable and rewarding
Cons
Not enough pay
Great work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 15, 2019
I love the director and my supervisors. The training was efficient. The staff was great. We had time to study. They treated you like staff members. We had some awesome holiday party.
Good plan to work and there can be a lot that you can learn here.
Administrative Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 13, 2019
Working at CCP has been great. I work in a lively department and have good relations with my peers. Since my inception at CCP, I have learned a great deal and have forged many good relations with people in various departments. CCP has a great tuition remission programs for workers and their family members. The only setback for myself and others is that they offer no career incentive programs. Over the last few years a lot of people have retired and have left the College.
Cons
Biggest setback - No career advancement
The art faculty and students are great!
Studio Assistant Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 11, 2019
Work-study opportunities at CCP are great for acquiring knowledge but the pay isn't enough to sustain yourself. I was working in the art department as a part-time work-study studio assistant technician. I loved what I was doing but as I said, I couldn't enjoy as much because of the pay.
Great Benefits
Office Administrative Assistant A (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 19, 2019
Worked for the college for almost 10 years. Things pretty much stay the same as not much change occurs. You can count on the same job duties daily .
Productive and fun working environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 4, 2019
I leaned a lot while working at CCP. Everyday is always different and it is a great work environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of the students after we've helped them.
Peer Tutoring
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 22, 2019
• Tutor students in Python on programming fundamental, Database Management System (MySQL), and Computer Networking
• Lead group study sessions in classroom settings as well as focused one-on-one reviews
• Design study guides based on individual student needs and followed up with students to make sure their target grades
Great part time career to start
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 22, 2019
The college offers a vast selection of student related jobs to better further the student's resume. However, due to the lack of benefits such as higher pay or health, the college lost scores because if that issue. It is overall, a good part time job for people to start with.
Pros
Time to do outside classwork
Cons
Pay and Health Care
Community college
Academic Mentor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 11, 2019
working is great and comfortable however management lets employees get too comfortable. People forget that we are here for the students, thats the job.
Work - Study
Financial Aid Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 26, 2018
I worked as a work-study student at Community College. I enjoyed meeting other students and staff from many different cultures and backgrounds. I embrace diversity at Community College. I really love working under my supervisors leadership, that experience has been invaluable and priceless to me. I am truly grateful to work at Community College. I helped student apply for financial aide, grants, and referred them to one of the financial analyst for FASFA and Student Loans. I also provided them with payment plan options as well. It has been rewarding to be a student and help other students achieve their financial goals to continue furthering their education.
Pros
I recieved more clerical experience.
Cons
It was a permanent position.
community College
Learning Lab Tutor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 10, 2018
CCP Is a plus that allow you to meet many new people. People range from various walks of life. I often tutored students who did not finish high school and helped them achieve their goals.
A typical day at work
SENIOR BUYER (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 7, 2018
A typical day at work usually involved problem solving and assuring that services and goods were ordered and received in a timely manner. A lot of time was spent interacting with various stakeholders to help solve any complaints or concerns.
Not Your Typical Adjunct Position
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 3, 2018
As an Adjunct in Workplace Development, it is good to be in the pool of active faculty, but because assignments are by employer requests, consistency is an issue. I enjoy the variety of having different audiences but would love to be regular faculty and be able to teach my courses on an ongoing basis.
Pros
variety of assignments; ability to adapt curriculum
Cons
Inconsistency of assignments, inability to leverage current position for other in-house opportunities (union issue)
Fun with co-workers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 12, 2018
It was a very fun place to work. We worked as a team. Later things changed. I must say there are still some departments that work together and are like family. Different regimen, different atmosphere.
Pros
Needed time off. No problem.
Cons
Good Benefits.
Great place for employment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 9, 2018
I wish I could have stayed at CCP longer but because it was work study once I graduated I had to leave. I had a great boss who was always there when I needed her.