Community College of Philadelphia Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

Fun with co-workers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 12, 2018
It was a very fun place to work. We worked as a team. Later things changed. I must say there are still some departments that work together and are like family. Different regimen, different atmosphere.
Pros
Needed time off. No problem.
Cons
Good Benefits.
A productive and fun place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 25, 2018
A challengjng place to work. I was able to meet deadlines and organized current school events. I enjoyed working with the grant team with the school and interacting with scholars.
Decent job
Administrative Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 24, 2017
It's a decent place to work if you don't desire to grow. Great benefits if you're an administrator. Summer hours, include Fridays off, with time off during spring break.
Benefits and Days off are bonuses
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 21, 2017
The pay is poor but the vacation time is great. The benefits are great but it is extremely hard to take advantage of some of the bonus benefits because you can't get a straight answer or the right direction to take advantage of any of them. Union environment which is exactly what you would think. People take advantage of the union and it is annoying.
Pros
Vacation time/ Days off
amazing workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 9, 2017
at the office everyone know and respect each other, the area is very neat, clean and organized. the supervisor is very respectful and sweet. loved working with everyone in the office.
A fun working enviornment
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 11, 2014
I learned how to be a leader within administration. I had fun working for and with community college. The environment was very relaxed however professional. I was given the task of keeping things organized
Enjoyed the staff and Financial Aid process
Financial Aid Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 20, 2013
A typical day at work would be to receive the students and inquired reason for coming to office. I would provide information to have them review on their account and if they needed more or didn't understand the information, I have them sign in to see an administrator. I've learned how the funds was allocated. The management team was worked very well and had similar interest. My co-workers were a fun bunch of like-minded people. The hardest part of the job was when the students were rude and disrespectful. The most enjoyable part of the job was the Financial Aid Workshop, helping the potential students input their FAFSA infomation.
Pros
Learned about the Financial Aid process
Cons
Disrespectful students
A Comfortable and Friendly Workplace
Administrative Assistant-Work Study (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 26, 2012
Community College of Philadelphia is a comfortable and friendly workplace. Everybody welcome you with open arms.