Community College of Philadelphia Culture reviews

Productive and fun working environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 4, 2019
I leaned a lot while working at CCP. Everyday is always different and it is a great work environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of the students after we've helped them.
Work - Study
Financial Aid Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 26, 2018
I worked as a work-study student at Community College. I enjoyed meeting other students and staff from many different cultures and backgrounds. I embrace diversity at Community College. I really love working under my supervisors leadership, that experience has been invaluable and priceless to me. I am truly grateful to work at Community College. I helped student apply for financial aide, grants, and referred them to one of the financial analyst for FASFA and Student Loans. I also provided them with payment plan options as well. It has been rewarding to be a student and help other students achieve their financial goals to continue furthering their education.
Pros
I recieved more clerical experience.
Cons
It was a permanent position.
Fun with co-workers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 12, 2018
It was a very fun place to work. We worked as a team. Later things changed. I must say there are still some departments that work together and are like family. Different regimen, different atmosphere.
Pros
Needed time off. No problem.
Cons
Good Benefits.
Very lax
Work Study Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 20, 2018
The job was lax for the most part but it depended on the time of year in the semester. A typical day at work was helping students trying to use software or just managing the general upkeep of the computers.
Pros
helping students
Cons
Trying to assist everyone at once
good place to work
Culinary Instructor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 8, 2018
Best part of the job would be the students, The culture is very diverse and that is a distinct benefit to working for the college. The hardest part of the job, is some of the programs don't schedule classes every semester, that makes it hard for some students to graduate on time
Great Benefits, tough atmosphere
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 27, 2018
The individual departments are good to work for, but the College itself doesn't provide a friendly environment to the workers. Top administrators have no idea what they are doing and do not listen to anyone below them.
productive, easy going workplace
Administrative Aid/ Admissions Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 27, 2018
After enrolling in community college, I decided it would be great for me to work at the college as a student as well. A typical day would include working in the school, filing, reading and checking documents and managing the work flow. The culture was quite relaxed and the most enjoyable part of working was the ability to work and go to classes in between.
A productive and fun place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 25, 2018
A challengjng place to work. I was able to meet deadlines and organized current school events. I enjoyed working with the grant team with the school and interacting with scholars.
Very productive , fun and loving workplace
Peer Leader (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 14, 2018
Everything about on campus working is great, the environment the security as well as other on campus employess. My time here i have learned how to navigate online portals, basic computer skills, and how to conduct meetings. The management team here is very helpful and well organized. everyone from boss to manager to employee is treated equally. The hardest part of the job is leaving. The most enjoyable is the team work, employee support and meeting new students daily.
Pros
equality among the staff
Cons
short hours
Great Place to work but my boss was not supportive
Executive Secretary to Vice President (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 14, 2018
It was a great place to work (this was years ago), my boss was very self-affected and not too supportive. I got it though, he was career driven and quite political.
Pros
Great Place to Work; Learning Environment
Cons
Did not mesh well with boss
CCP job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 4, 2018
I loved working there, never a dull moment, I love working with new people and people in general. I was able to help anyone who needed it, and that is part of my passion. It is something u absolutely love to do.
N/a
Educational Support Coach/Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 14, 2018
Strong College Going Culture. Student Centered Approach. Communal Atmosphere. Quality Educational Services & Academic Offerings. Pleasant Work Environment.
Lead Office Student Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 23, 2018
I enjoyed working at CCP because I am a people person and there are more then enough people to communicate with at CCP on the daily basis. The culture at CCP has become much better in the past 6 years.
Pros
Friendly place to work, always a learning experience.
Cons
Low paying
Clam atmosphere and meet a lot of people
Student Helper (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 4, 2017
The job overall was great however I wish I could have stayed I like that fact that I worked with people from different cultures and got to help many. The manager I had was wonderful she was very understanding. The hardest part of the job was handling stressful situation between students especially when I had to write incidents reports when security had to be called.
Pros
off on the weekends
Cons
less pay less hours
Overall it was a great place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 27, 2017
I had a really good time working with my boss at the office, the only problem was that we did not have enough personnel to manage the number of international applicants we have. I learned a lot about different cultures while working at the Internationas Student Services, and also about the dinamics of the office as well as international matters. The hardest part was dealing with as many applicants as we had with just 2 people within our office that can take of the applications.
Na
Adjunct Faculty, Department of English (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 10, 2017
The culture of the college was dedicated and committed to students. There were many opportunities for professional development and faculty were support by the administration and invited to participate in curriculum changes.
As a work study I really enjoyed the enviroment
Customer Service Representative/Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 27, 2017
I was under the work study program that was beneficial in me receiving some office work skills as well as customer service. The workplace culture was professional, yet relaxed. The hardest part of the job was learning the skills needed to be efficient in the financial aid department; which coincidentally, was also the most enjoyable part of the job as well as working with my fellow work study employees.
productive, nice co-workers, clean envirnoment
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 14, 2017
It was a productive and great place to work. I've learned alot of things while I was working there. My co-workers were very nice and my supervisors were very helpful.
Pros
great atmosphere, nice co-workers, helpful supervisor
Cons
break is too short
Good Job
General Education Instructor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 30, 2017
Enjoy working at City College very much. Staff and Students are wonderful, courteous, and respectful I have learned a great deal both by the faculty and the students. Looking forward to working with all of the students.
Great environment
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 5, 2017
Excellent environment. Wonderful Colleagues, and a great place to help others whenever possible.

Professional setting and a pleasure to be around!!!!!