Community College of Philadelphia Employee Reviews

Great Place To Work
ATHLETICS DEPARTMENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 10, 2018
I loved everything about this working experience. I was employed by the athletics department. Only due to the fact it was a work-study the position came to an end. I would've love to work here on a full time basis.
Pros
The people
Cons
N/a
Being A Student Worker Is Simple
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 9, 2018
Generally the easiest job I've ever held. Essentially if you are able to follow instructions and work independently you will do well as a Student Worker. The pay rarely passes minimum wage though.
Great Benefits, tough atmosphere
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 27, 2018
The individual departments are good to work for, but the College itself doesn't provide a friendly environment to the workers. Top administrators have no idea what they are doing and do not listen to anyone below them.
productive, easy going workplace
Administrative Aid/ Admissions Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 27, 2018
After enrolling in community college, I decided it would be great for me to work at the college as a student as well. A typical day would include working in the school, filing, reading and checking documents and managing the work flow. The culture was quite relaxed and the most enjoyable part of working was the ability to work and go to classes in between.
A productive and fun place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 25, 2018
A challengjng place to work. I was able to meet deadlines and organized current school events. I enjoyed working with the grant team with the school and interacting with scholars.
great place to work with a lot of opportunities to learn and grow
IT help desk Tech (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 23, 2018
i worked for the CCP for a year and i believe it has good management and knowledgeable staff
the location is very convenient for it is in the heart of the city and easy to get to
The best place to work
Costumer Service (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 14, 2018
One of the best places to work.
It is excellent when you are starting in a company.
You learn a lot of things with the people.
The time of working varies because of the holidays which includes a lot.
Very productive , fun and loving workplace
Peer Leader (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 14, 2018
Everything about on campus working is great, the environment the security as well as other on campus employess. My time here i have learned how to navigate online portals, basic computer skills, and how to conduct meetings. The management team here is very helpful and well organized. everyone from boss to manager to employee is treated equally. The hardest part of the job is leaving. The most enjoyable is the team work, employee support and meeting new students daily.
Pros
equality among the staff
Cons
short hours
Great Place to work but my boss was not supportive
Executive Secretary to Vice President (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 14, 2018
It was a great place to work (this was years ago), my boss was very self-affected and not too supportive. I got it though, he was career driven and quite political.
Pros
Great Place to Work; Learning Environment
Cons
Did not mesh well with boss
Nice Work Study position
Office Clerk (Work Study) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 8, 2018
If you need extra money without any benefits, then working here is great. There's not much to say about working for work-study. it is a job that helps you to get by while in college.
CCP job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 4, 2018
I loved working there, never a dull moment, I love working with new people and people in general. I was able to help anyone who needed it, and that is part of my passion. It is something u absolutely love to do.
Position Ended
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 15, 2018
Our department ended up closing and the college decided to do things a different way and position ended quickly. I worked in the school's call center and students could call and register and ask for information to be sent to them about the school, but made an application and availability to enroll in classes online instead of student being able to call in
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Position ended without new job
Great place for part time employment
Bursar Teller (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 11, 2018
I only worked here as a temp and had a nice learning experience here. It was for the most part quite and the time went by pretty fast.
I was sad to leave but I enjoyed everyone in the department.
Fun and Rewarding place to work
PHEAA State Grant Programs (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 27, 2018
Enjoy working at CCP. the hours and benefits are unbeatable.
The management are flexible.
Most of the people working here have been here most of their
work career.
Interesting place to work when you are a student
Laboratory Tech, Assistant to the Lab Director (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 21, 2018
No typical day at work due to varying class schedules. Needed to be able to multitask due to the needs of the students and the professors.
It was a great place to work to accommodate your own class schedule.
Pros
Got to work with a lot of different analytical equipment
Cons
Low pay
fun, friendly, safe for clients
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 4, 2018
everyone was like family always chose teamwork to get every day daily duties completed , made it a safe work enviornment for employyees and also clients
N/a
Educational Support Coach/Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 14, 2018
Strong College Going Culture. Student Centered Approach. Communal Atmosphere. Quality Educational Services & Academic Offerings. Pleasant Work Environment.
A good place to grow Academically
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 7, 2018
I enjoyed each morning, as I opened up the Computer Lab. then, at about the end of the 2nd class(around 9-9:30 a.m.), the first wave of students would come in. there were usually no immediate issues that I had to address, mainly, navigating the learning software for the new students. That aside, I would have a stress-free day.
Joy of experiencing new transferrable skills in administrative environment
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 29, 2018
As a work study student, I had a taste of the real work place with hand on experience. Observing behind the screens of the financial aid department interacting with confindential information of those attending the instituion, I was entrusted to perform as one of the professional administrator who obtain creditals to work full time. The staff taught me valuable skills I had never learned prior to working with them. It was a relax environment because operating with numbers and calculations belonging to the government and citizens privacy info for the IRS required carefull details. The limited time to collect the information from students meeting deadlines for the admission department was a chain linked to enroll them into their desired courses. I am enriched by these opportunities to change my career path from manual labour to administrative /clerical skills. Thank you
Pros
Various experience are mentored by senior financial aid veterans in the work force
Cons
Not acquiring a foundation in that career field, however, causes one to focus on to set goal for another profession
Awful Place to work
Adjunct Instructor, Reading and Writing (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 26, 2018
The students are awful!! My immediate supervisor was awful and disrespectful. The students do not know how to be students. I had one student leave my class early for weeks and then was surprised to learn that she was failing because of her unexcused absences.