Community College of Philadelphia

Community College of Philadelphia Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Was able to work and go to school working at Community College of Philadelphia. Learn a lot using the copy machines and was able to use the copy machines for school graphic projects.
Pros
Longer breaks
Cons
Not enough pay
Easy, satisfying place to work
Rewarding place to work, benefits those looking to forward to advancing academically. Gain potential to move ahead career wise or for personal fulfillment. Employees have the opportunity to learn the newest technical functiond. The negative about CCP is the difficulty to advance and wage increases.
I worked as a student tutor. Great job. I could make my own schedule, and the management there was great with their communication. It is a good place to work as a student.
Friendly, devoted staff
I did not work there long enough to give a fair review. However, I LOVED the diversity in the classroom. The students were from all different backgrounds.
Fun workplace with supportive and friendly colleagues
My tutoring subjects included General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, and General Biology. From this job, I learned to explain scientific concepts in different ways to the students, facilitate their learning process and help them apply the concepts to solve different questions.
Community College of Philadelphia
This the College that I attended for the last four years and its a very good school and the behavioral health department was really great. They made you feel like family.
Pros
great school
Okay place to work
My experience may be different than others, but there seemed to be a lot of gossip within the employee structure. Professionalism lacked in the areas I was apart of.
Ccp
My position is per diem so I have the flexibility to work or to have someone else cover. When I am working in the Athletics department, I enjoy the interaction with the student athletes and the staff.
Productive and fun place to work for
Worked as Lab Assistant while attending college. Very helpful with, and understanding of, college course work and work life balancing. Teachers were a joy to work with.
Productive and fun place to work
Meeting the new students and helping with their choices was inspiring and rewarding
the Administrative staff was motivational in inspiring ideals and creations of how to perk things up with events.

Their were also great mentors that could help with job placements.
Pros
Free lunch events
Cons
N/a
productive, nice co-workers, clean envirnoment
It was a productive and great place to work. I've learned alot of things while I was working there. My co-workers were very nice and my supervisors were very helpful.
Pros
great atmosphere, nice co-workers, helpful supervisor
Cons
break is too short
Review for Community College Of Philadelphia
To be very straight foreword with you, Working for the Community College Of Philadelphia it not all that great. Its good for a starter job as a student but i am ready to move on. The pay is very low and so are hours.
on campus job
Work-study is a federally and sometimes state-funded program that helps college students with financial need get part-time jobs.
It won’t cover all your college costs
Rewarding!
Amazing place to work! Employees are treated with respect and professionalism. Likewise, employees are regarded as investment. CCP pays the tuition of employees interested in receiving an Associates Degree from the college.
Good Job
Enjoy working at City College very much. Staff and Students are wonderful, courteous, and respectful I have learned a great deal both by the faculty and the students. Looking forward to working with all of the students.
Benefits and Days off are bonuses
The pay is poor but the vacation time is great. The benefits are great but it is extremely hard to take advantage of some of the bonus benefits because you can't get a straight answer or the right direction to take advantage of any of them. Union environment which is exactly what you would think. People take advantage of the union and it is annoying.
Pros
Vacation time/ Days off
Not a bad place to work, but has budget issues.
I worked for the CCP security department for a fairly short period of time. It is a good job if you are just starting out in the Public Safety/Security industry, but for someone like me with over eight years of experience, you are sure to be less than impressed. The biggest issue was the pay. The posting leads you to believe that you will receive somewhere between $14.51-$20.50 per hour based upon experience. In all actualities, the listing does not tell you that you will ONLY receive $14.51 per hour, as that is the beginning step in the pay-scale, and $20.50 is the max out. I also did not appreciate being a personal chauffeur, the non-existent advancement, and the sort of "old guard" ways of working, i.e. useless wand tour system. I will say that CCP is trying to improve; the problem is they're just light years away from it. I wouldn't discount the possibility of a total outsource in the future, so applicant beware. The paid healthcare was great, and tuition benefits if you want to advance your education (I already had a more advanced degree).
Pros
Paid tuition, and healthcare.
Cons
Low pay, lowest shift differential I have ever come across, & no overtime.
Co-workers are really nice and energetic. The work is simple.
In the office there is not much to do on certain days. What I do in the office is pick up phone calls to either assist or transfer callers, organize office material, deliver mail around campus, file,copy, papers, and assist students who want to see the dean.
Pros
Co-workers are energetic
Cons
Not much to do
Great environment
Excellent environment. Wonderful Colleagues, and a great place to help others whenever possible.

Professional setting and a pleasure to be around!!!!!
Anthony Review
Community College is a nice place to work. it allows a professor to grow with there students. Overall it is a good experience. CCP is convenient because it has a campus in all parts of the city
amazing workplace
at the office everyone know and respect each other, the area is very neat, clean and organized. the supervisor is very respectful and sweet. loved working with everyone in the office.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community College of Philadelphia. Our community is ready to answer.
Community College of Philadelphia Reviews by Location