Community College of Philadelphia Employee Reviews

Excellent Benefits, terrible salary
locksmtih (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 16, 2017
Staff are charged a parking fee which is absurd. Lots of time off, but again, the salary is so terrible you feel that's the least they could do. Management is completely disorganized trickling right down to tradesmen.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Terrible Salary, Expense to commute
It's academically and professionally challenging
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 6, 2017
It's academically and professionally challenging. The student body is great and keeps you stimulated. The administrative staff is very supportive. It's a great place to work.
It is one of the best college to start career. People are nice.
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 4, 2017
The environment is very good. Colleagues support each other if needed. 45 minute-tutoring section allows tutor to have enough time to walk the students through the subjects they need help on.
Pros
Opportunity to approach many types of teaching and learning styles.
Cons
minimum wage for all tutors regardless current student or B.S worker.
A day of work
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 3, 2017
I start my shift by handling documents and phone calls throughout the college inside the student life center. Other than that I answered phone calls and helped out student's
Horrible ethos!
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 27, 2017
Non-existent collegiality; systemic flaws that are not addressed! The institution does not practice good customer service delivery to it's inside or outside customers.
Pros
Great students with tremendous potential.
Cons
Horrible work environment.
A Day at Single Stop
Front Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 6, 2017
My opinion about the job is that it is an okay job if it was for a better pay. A typical day pretty much consist of answering phones, meeting with and screening (potential) clients. On certain days you will be sent out into the mass population of the institution to do outreach work. The most enjoyable part of the job is to be sitting down doing clerical related duties while interacting and meeting new people. There is nothing hard about this job.
Pros
Meet Cool People
Cons
Low Compensation
Great environment with valuable experience(s)
Multimedia Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 4, 2017
Fun environment where new learning opportunities are at hand. I never had a bad workplace expirence. Great supervisors with great opportunities.
Student life
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 24, 2016
just a nice place to work while interacting with the other students and staff on campus. busy and up beat friendly space and department to work in.
Pros
easy to get along
Cons
not always enough hours
Great supervisor and coworkers
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 20, 2016
It was a nice place to work. I had a great supervisor and coworkers who were great to talk to. A large part of my job was to create files and enter those files into the system. It was enjoyable and I learned alot about the different aspects of the job.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Great benefits, poor culture
Grant/Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 19, 2016
Great company benefits. Pay scale somewhat below market for what was required. My managerial position for example, had many functions typically done by a Controller or Assistant Controller. The culture was very poor. Employees are managed in a dictatorial atmosphere. Senior management are mostly politically motivated. Without a doubt, had the best work/life balance but also the absolute worst supervisory experience of my career.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Extremely poor culture
Enjoyable place to work
Supplemental Instructor/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 12, 2016
My days were short, I was only at work for 2 hours every other day. But it was an enjoyable opportunity. Everyone was great to work with, the Department head was very nice, the Professor that i worked for was very knowledgeable, and enjoyed what she did.
Cool Place
Athletics Coordinating Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 30, 2016
Community College of Philadelphia is a community where you know mostly everyone on campus. The campus is inviting and refreshing.
meaningful life
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 4, 2016
You have been dealing with many people of different background and humor. You gotta be able to keep your calm while working some individuals . The supervisors are really helpful to assist you if you are feeling uncomfortable.
Flexibl hours, awesome staff.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 31, 2016
I loved the people I worked with. I felt like this place was my second home. I enjoyed the interactions with students, staff and faculty
Great job.
Dean of Students' Office/ Single Stop (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 26, 2016
I was able to experience working in an office as a work study student. It was an amazing experience. It fits in with my school schedule at the time.
great benefits
Financial Aid Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 28, 2016
With things like spring break, winter break, Fridays off and free insurance. I would rate this college at the top for benefits. However, I am hearing through the grapevine that some of these might be going away.
I feel that the management is pretty fair but you have to comfortable with change. I also feel that employees are respected here and compensations is fair.
Pros
free healthcare
Cons
high stress at certain times of the year
Great benefits, ok management
Special Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 18, 2016
This is a great place to work, depending on what department you are in. Management is hit or miss. Not much room for advancement.
Enjoyable and educational experience
Receptionist NERC Learning Lab (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 27, 2016
The environment was comfortable and welcoming. I learned to multitask and work as a team. My coworkers were very supportive with assisting me on how to complete difficult tasks such learning a system update.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
short breaks, small work space
Excellent benefits but Cliquish
Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 29, 2016
Large urban, higher education employer. They really like people whom they train; CCP alumni. Convenient locations around the city. Great for students and faculty, staff administrators - proceed w/ caution!
Benefits
Cons
Top management heavy
Student Helper
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 11, 2016
Play role as a leadership, all students' helper need to know all information about school or part of work that they they are handling. Then they transfer those information to students. Student helpers are also the key important marketing tools to promote school.