Community Connections Employee Reviews

Great Team Spirit
Peer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 23, 2019
I enjoyed working with the Team at CC, but management was inconsistent and the pay was lousy. There was a lot of pressure on the employees regarding billing, which contributed to low morale and high turnover.
Pros
Great Team Spirit Amongst Staff
Cons
More concern about billing that clients
wanted more hours
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INApril 22, 2019
i worked 8 months as a PRN, tried and tried to get more hours yet werent given many. Coworkers and managers were amazing. Clients are like family. Pay is a good amount for the industry
Horrible
Mental Health Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 17, 2019
Terrible place to work! This place is very unorganized and they underpay their staff. I would not recommend this place to anyone. They don’t train you and you have to figure out things on your own.
Relaxing and fair
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 19, 2019
I like the job work not hard no one on your back therefore let complete your task and there are fair co workers and the consumers can be awesome even with illness.
Benefits
Cons
Overtime shortage
The worst
Clinical Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 28, 2019
this was my first experience after my undergrad Degree which was help helpful in building my clinical skills. The never wanted to feel like a client after my 3rd month I was already stressed because the pressure of making billable hours instead of providing quality care.
mental health outreach
Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 23, 2019
This job entails a lot of mental health outreach for clients. I learned to develop crisis intervention skills . psychotherapy, and medication management.
This place needs a serious Revamp!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 10, 2019
Community Connections could be a better company with better management. People at the top have no idea what they are doing in regards to decision making and it SHOWS! The company is suppose to be trauma informed but instead, you're worked like an unappreciated horse and underpaid. Looking to leave this dysfunction as soon as I can.
Clientele over employees
Employee (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 22, 2018
Unfortunately, employees are not considered important. Happy employees equal great workers. Insignificant employees do not equal happy employees and have no motivation in helping others.
Pros
Only pro is to know you are helping others
Cons
low pay and low morale
Productive and fun work culture
Permanent Supportive Housing Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 17, 2018
case load of atleast 20

strengthen interpersonal and public relation skills

fun work place culture

open door policy with managers

hardest part of the job is case managing difficult clients
Pros
flexible hours, working remotely, supportive managers
Cons
terrible health care options, poor salary- overworked and underpaid, have to work part-time within the company to make over 50k
Work is difficult but rewarding.
Outreach Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 17, 2018
My Program Manager is supportive and values me as an integral member of the team. The work can be stressful and difficult emotionally. A healthy work/life balance is a must. The clients have multiple needs; social, emotional, psychiatric. Compassion fatigue is real.
Pros
Work autonomously
Good place
SOAR/Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC 20003September 5, 2018
I enjoyed working here. Fair wages, management and team. It fit and met my expectations without any issues. Dress code was casual, with jeans and sneakers allowed
Good Job
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 20, 2018
I have learned a lot about myself as a manager.

Management is supportive and is available for consultation.

The CEO is supportive and tries to make a better work environment for employees
Productive place to work
Outreach Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 6, 2018
I was employed at community connections for almost 8 years. I learned so many skills during this time. Community Connections is a really good place for someone who is just coming into the field of social work as well as someone who is experienced.
The housing team is the best
Permanent Supportive Housing Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 9, 2018
The housing team has excellent management and supportive supervisors. I had autonomy but there was still an expectation to get your work in. The other ACT teams had more turn over.
Great Place
Housing Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC 20002May 28, 2018
Compensation could be a little more competitive but with the job flexibility and the support from management as needed I love this job. As a company they are constantly starting new programs under the organization which allow for so much growth.
work was okay
Clinical Case Manager (Justice Team) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 2, 2018
Work was demanding. Difficult time managing caseload for those new to the field. Some of the staff was supportive and provided assistance when needed. Had to drive clients in own car.
Stressful, unstustainable schedule, good benefits
Various Positions Held (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 23, 2018
Productivity requirements were high especially given the population that were provided services. The pay was terrible and on average with the rest of the nation but *not* the cost-of-living for Washington, D.C.
It was stressful and *very* few people could stay in the job and remain ethical for more than 2 years, average turn-over was less than a year.
Good benefits for provisional licensees that is not standard other places. Health benefits and retirement benefits were also exceptional.
Pros
Good benefits professionally and employment
Cons
Quick burn-out
helping clients was the pro
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 1, 2018
The hours are long and the pay isn't good. This position is for a single individual who don't mind long or extended hours. I enjoy the support and assistance I provide to the clients, and that's the reason I go to work each day.
Pros
Helping and providing support to special need community.
Cons
long hours, low wages
Cool
Assertive Community Treatment (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 17, 2018
Good focus on community and taking care of the clients. This agency works to connect with people on their level. It is a great place to grow as a clinician.
The job keeps you busy and in a different place daily.
Maintenance Enginer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 22, 2017
This is a company that provides housing for people with mental issues. I was given several locations throughout DC to provide maintenance at the living facilities. I was out most of the day with a truck and a gas card. It was a good place to work and provided a lot of freedom to complete assignments.
Pros
Freedom to complete work at your own pace
Cons
Could use a little higher salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Connections. Our community is ready to answer.

Community Connections Reviews by Location