Community Connections Employee Reviews for Rehabilitation Specialist

One Year and Counting
Rehabilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington DCApril 24, 2017
I have been at Community Connections for a year and have had three different supervisors due to poor treatment of management and closing departments.

Coworkers are amazing, but higher up the chain has no respect for people on the ground and have been out of the hands on work for too long.

Expect to work 9-12 hour days for minimum pay and with your only raise coming from 2 years as an employee (1,000) or to advance your education.

I would suggest looking else where, the turnover in this agency is outrageous.
Pros
Great supervisors and supervision.
Cons
low pay, high turnover, and poor upper management
Case Manager
Rehabilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 1, 2016
This has been the most challenging yet rewarding job I have ever done. Not for the feint of heart. You will meet some of the best people you have ever worked with, and make lasting friendships on your team. The management does not do enough to support its people. Its your friendships that get you through the day. The clients are overwhelming if you let them get to you. And the expectations for paperwork are ridiculous.
Pros
great experience; good teams
Cons
no breaks, lots of paperwork, more then 40hr a week job
They will work you for every hour of your time
Rehabilitation Specialist & Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 1, 2016
There is a never a dull moment at this place. The work is hard, the hours are extremely long and they will try to work you very every hour of your day if you let them.
Great place for hands on experience
ACT Team 5 Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 7, 2014
My tpyical work day started at 8:30 am I dealt with a case load of 10 ppl... The hardest part of the day was dealing with the consumers some had severe mental issues that would trigger me. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help someone in there time of need.
Pros
Team work was valued
Cons
Lack of compassion for the employer when they experience health, or physical issues