Community Connections Employee Reviews for Residential Counselor

Better Job
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 13, 2019
My pay wasn't balances out with my workload. I wanted to do much more and Community Connection there was no growth for me in this company. I decided to go back to school to get my degree.
productive work environment they really focus on the individuals they serve.
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 23, 2019
Community Connections is a really good company.I like that the attention is on serving the people we assist.They make sure the residential side is as comfortable as possible and the staff work really well together to maintain a safe environment.
Relaxing and fair
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 19, 2019
I like the job work not hard no one on your back therefore let complete your task and there are fair co workers and the consumers can be awesome even with illness.
Benefits
Cons
Overtime shortage
helping clients was the pro
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 1, 2018
The hours are long and the pay isn't good. This position is for a single individual who don't mind long or extended hours. I enjoy the support and assistance I provide to the clients, and that's the reason I go to work each day.
Pros
Helping and providing support to special need community.
Cons
long hours, low wages
good but?
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 12, 2017
Its a good place to work for those in mental health,but ALLtheir homes are bedbug infested, you do not need to sit down before u are feasted on. the environment is unclean no matter how much u clean.
Pros
residential manager is excellent
Cons
bug infested homes
Could have been better
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 22, 2015
Every day at work was a bless day working with consumers on a daily basic. Helping them to learn how to love life on life terms. I'm very independent and reliable. Essential Worker. A great team player. I believe the most hardest part on the Job is when there is no supplies to meet your need for you as well for the clients. However this most enjoyable part of my Job is to see clients leave the facility with all there needs met.
Not a good place to work.
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 29, 2014
Family business with poor management. I had a very professional relationship with the consumer's and I did learn alot about the mental health population.
Pros
The mental health training
Cons
Family and their unprofessional attitude toward staff.
Overall connection with consumers most enjoyable -motivating, enriching and empowering was actually very inspiring
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 17, 2013
The most important part of the day was the reception from the consumers. The trust level was incredible; the interaction was moving. Issues at times but you expect it in this field. I learned that these mentally disabled consumers need direction, compassion and someone that's open to communicate with. Management a big part .
Especially, time management. Time Management is very important when the workload are (8) consumers, with different mental illnessess; different needs. I find that patience is vitally essential .
Co-workers were easy to get along with. Every individual had something very special to bring to the table. The hardest part at times was diffusing the dissention, however, it all worked out.
The m ost enjoyable part of the job was motivating the consumers to do their in-house chores and as time progressed, consumers took on their assignments w/o direction or supervision.
Deticated residetial counselor sub and activity staff for the residents
Residential counselor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 26, 2013
provided counseling,monitoring medication,providing a safe and secure invironment,providing activities for the individuals who resided at the residence.
Pros
helping residents achieve goals
Cons
lots of overtime