Community Connections Employee Reviews for Support Specialist

High-stress environment with little growth opportunity
Community Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 20, 2017
This company provides minimal growth opportunity and they are highly focused on quantity over quality of services. The turn-over rate is unprecedented
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
high stress, no growth opportunity, little regard for employees
Fun
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC 20003April 25, 2017
This was my introduction to community mental health treatment and guidance. I loved the work and only wished that the pay was higher. There were some patients that were difficult, but it was a fun job.
My Job
Community Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 18, 2017
It's great! I get to work with children in the community and help them make a better life for themselves. It is very rewarding and I feel a great sense of pride!
Hated every moment of working here
Community Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 13, 2017
This place has a high turn over rate. You are nothing more than a cab driver for the consumers here. Management is horrible and offers little to no support. Just don't do it! This place is always hiring because no one stays. I'll save the long boring rant and just tell you to stay away!
Pros
Helping the consumers and seeing them progress
Cons
Pay, management, Management!!!
Just don't do it
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington Navy Yard, DCJune 21, 2016
I can honestly say this was my worst job. I wanted to love it so much, however the management in this place is a joke. The amount of work they have you doing compared to the pay is also a joke. You might as well just be a taxi driver because all they want you to do here is drive people around. There is no teaching the clients independence here it's a glorified babysitting job. This job is unsafe and very unpredictable, the managers do not go in the field often. They tell you upon hire that this company has a high turnover rate which I see why now. They are currently talking about extrapolation, which I don't think this company will be around long at all. Do yourself a favor and look into working for a company in VA.
Pros
Some of the coworkers are really nice.
Cons
Supervisors are terrible, Asst team leads are jokes, the pay and parking is terrible
Square Peg in Round Hole
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 14, 2013
Typical day consisted of arriving early for a meeting then having to spend the majority of the day chauferring clients around. The position was more a long the lines of a glorified babysitter without the necessary compensation. A 40 hour week turned into 50 or 60 but you were only compensated for 40. You usually came out to a parking ticket on your car as parking enforcement unfairly targeted most employees' cars. If you found a way to make less money for the company but was in the client's best interest, they found a way to no longer need your services.
Pros
good position for those wanting to be involved in psychology without a graduate degree
Cons
compensation is not nearly enough for education level, supervisors tend to be catty, parking tickets are insane