Community Counseling of Bristol County

Community Counseling of Bristol County Employee Reviews

Good company
I’ve been working at CCBC for 10 months and I’ve learned so much. I’d recommend applying for anyone. Every day feels like you’ve made a difference in the community.
Management bottom of the barrel
Management always has to be better than you. Not willing to listen to broaden knowledge. Make clients sicker than what they are to continue getting monies.
Cons
Awful place
Poor management and low compensation
Management was very clique-y and provided little to no supervision. You spend most of day on road, in you personal vehicle, going from one client's home to another. Location not always in safe area of town but was provided with company cell phone for communication to office. Office was located in a group home. We were expected to do housework, including scrubbing toilets, prior to being on the road providing home visits and transportation services to appointments, meetings, food shopping, etc. I was involved in an auto accident while on duty. When I was still out of work after 12 weeks, they discontinued my health insurance without notice despite the fact that I had continued to pay premium. It required an attorney to have them pay for my medical bills that had been accrued prior to my knowledge that I no longer had health insurance.
the company is all about production
I thought this was going to be a fun place to work. I knew there would be a lot of assessments and writing but had not realized there would be no client contact and I would be stuck behind a computer all day. I did not become a Social Worker not to participate in client treatment so I left that job
experienced gained, bank account suffered
This was a good job for me to gain experience in the case management world however it pays horrible and the health insurance its horrendous and expensive. inconsistent expectations made me feel like what i was doing was never right or good enough.
no consistency ever
i worked harder then my boss who was never around and knew nothing about what was going on. That job you only stay there if your liked by managment or you go
good
overall experience good. work can be challenging but is very much an amazing learning opportunity. you learn a great amount of transferable skills that you are able to use in other work spaces
Very good place to work with good benefits
CCBC is a very good place to work. The ACCS program work is guided, however, by DMH rules and regulations. The required paperwork is extensive. Working within a community program is tough and it requires a certain mindset and unique set of skills and abilities.
Great perople mediocre benefits and pay
I've worked there for several years and the organization has many positive qualities. The best part is the quality of the people I've worked with but the level compensation, like many human service jobs, creates a high level of turnover and a general dissatisfaction with the job. As I wrote in a later section of this review, it is a good place for someone coming out of school to get experience but not necessarily a place I'd recommend for long term career opportunities. There are many departments at CCBC and I do not know about anything but my department so take this with a grain of salt.
Pros
great staff
Cons
poor money, constant turnover
Review
This place of employment offers a collaborative team approach while learning valuable skills to be a clinician. The environment is intensive and there is the opportunity to work with many other types of providers.
Pros
good superivison, supportive staff, learning environment
Cons
Benefits, schedule, constant stress
Managers lied and belittled employees to save themselves.
They were very supportive in the beginning until I saw a few employees struggle without much support until they were fired. One left, because they didn't want to be in company drama and will never return. All they cared about was making themselves look good on paper and not the hard work of the employees.
bad Company
Management are not professional. They talked about their employees when they are not there. Management breach people confidentially. Management are two phony. Your direct manager doesn't defend you at all
Pros
nothing
Cons
unethical management
Management doesn't care
Initially, I was really excited to work for this agency because it seemed like a great opportunity to learn, but the management just does not care. They leave houses either completely unattended or with one staff [usually the person hired most recently] to look after the entire house. Favoritism is rampant. Management will change your schedule so that their favorites can have extra hours, even if that means you lose a shift. Half the employees I worked with either showed up extremely late, didn't stay for their whole shift, or would disappear for 'lunch' for 3 to 4 hours. Going to supervisors for advice or guidance is pointless; I tried to speak with management multiple times about an ongoing issue with a client and the response was 'well, why don't you just figure it out'. They expect overtime as a given and assume you're fine just coming in on your days off. Avoid this place at all costs if you value your own mental health.
Pros
Good benefits if you can stand to stay long enough
Cons
Friendly and supportive work environment
At CCBC, I work as a child clinician who travels from school to school to do sessions with children and adolescents. I then return to the office to see more clients in the afternoon. There are many clinical documents that need to be updated often which can take away from session time.
Pros
Mileage reimbursement, trainings
Cons
travel daily, lower salary, lots of paperwork
Interesting and fulfilling work
Great team of coworkers. Management truly have a family first outlook. Flexible schedule allows me to balance work and home easily. I work harder and give more because of flexibility I’m allowed. Work is challenging in a positive way. Opportunity to grow and learn.
Pros
Great coworkers, flexibility, plenty of opportunities to learn
Cons
Pay structure is a struggle, deductible insurance can be a challenge
Fast pace and a blend of independent and collaborative
You've got to work on some aspects of this job on your own such as setting up meetings with the clients, reaching out to them, making sure to see them for the allotted time their insurance will cover. But some things are out of your control like the number of people you get on your caseload or if families/clients just stop coming it. Its a stressful job that is good if you're not committed to school or another job.
Benefits are really good.
Mainly busy on the computer doing assessments and also meeting with clients accordingly. It is busy work and you must have good writing skills. There are meetings weekly.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of communication
Great Company
Management actually cares about their employees. People are always ready to help out. I had not met the V.P. of the company yet and saw him one day at a meeting. He approached me and knew exactly who I was and what department I was working for. It wasn't like that at my previous job. I knew from that moment that this was the place I wanted to be.
Pros
Insurance, Flexable Schedules, Co-Workers and Management
Cons
Salary
Productive and friendly working environment
Productivity based employment.
Great learning experiences.

Heavy case documentation, insurance authorization review, electronic chart management and quarterly updates.

Friendly work environment.
Pros
Make your own schedule between 9am to 5 pm
Cons
Advancement options
I wish I could say more positive things
Work is very stressful due to the population served. Management was awful and not supportive. Staff enjoyed causing petty drama and were not professional. Day to day operations were very disorganized and they expect way more than what is possible in 40 hours. Overall it was not a positive experience and disappointing
Pros
Mostly on the road out of the office, mileage reimbursement
Cons
poor management, highly stressful, disorganized environment, too much drama
Great growth opportunity
This is a great place to get a lot of experience very quickly with a flexible schedule and a great team of coworkers. Consistent supervision and training in trauma treatment models.
Pros
Great experience and support
Cons
Late hours
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Counseling of Bristol County. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8