Community Financial Credit Union Employee Reviews

Toxic Environment
The Truth Teller (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIMay 1, 2019
I learned a lot on the job.... not just what pertained to my job, per se, but also how management consistently ignored issues on the floor and how mental illness was on a rise in my department. There is no room at ANY company for playing favorites yet this was done on a daily basis. In addition, the manager I had at the time, once had printed e-mails regarding co-workers laying out on her desk for anyone to be able to see, spoke in a nasty and unfeeling tone on several occasions behind closed doors, etc. She had a gift for making you feel small and unimportant. If that wasn't enough, a couple of people I worked with had mental issues so deep that it manifested into their personalities (one refused to be accountable and honest regarding her own behavior, the other was a manipulator who comfortably was stirring up trouble and lies within the group) causing tension, animosity and a divide within the team. I just wanted honest communication backed by cohesive efforts but that didn't happen especially when everyone did not share the same definition of what it meant to be a team.
Pros
Met some really great people.
Cons
Poor leadership, lack of accountability, favoritism, cliques, and dealing with a few adults who behaved like children
Fun and fast paced environment
Customer Service Rep./Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MIJanuary 19, 2018
Being able to do different aspects of your job each day made this job more alluring to me. The people around me were always willing to help out. There was a fun and friendly atmosphere here. Very good place to work.
Pros
Excellent people to work with/for. Challenging but friendly working conditions.
Cons
The schedule was not always the same.
Good Place to work
Underwriting Mentoring Program (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIOctober 19, 2017
Community Financial is a good place to work. They are more of a work family than a job. They really strive and excel in member service. CFCU is known to fight for their members.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
lack of discipline enforced
MSR/Teller (Current Employee) –  MichiganAugust 18, 2017
Cash handling, team based, meet sales goals, member service, great compensation, great benefits, questionable job security, Okay management............
Was a great company to work for.
Creative Director (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COAugust 16, 2017
Since the merger and rebrand all of the management and c-suite teams have quit without jobs lined. If that tells you anything about the incoming staff from the merge. It has become a hostile, gossipy, and uncomfortable place to work.
Poor Leadership - Non-productive work place
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 26, 2017
They have poor leadership and a dysfunctional management team resulting in poor employee training, non-productive work place and high turnover on the front-line staff.

They have six remaining non-management seasoned back-room staff members that are an excellent source of knowledge and are always willing to help members and non-experienced front-line staff.
Pros
Back room staff is great
Cons
Poor leadership
new
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJDecember 4, 2015
This was a new bank. They were good at customer service and helping their members. They liked to call their customers "members" to make them feel more comfortable.
good
banker (Current Employee) –  Novi, MISeptember 16, 2015
good place to work ... nice work flow nice people fair management fast growing credit union more locations easy fun job love going to work and meeting new people and members
Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJune 26, 2014
Great work environment, very much a family atmosphere. Smaller credit union with a small charter area but they are trying to expand.
IT Generalist Review
Information Technology Generalist - Contract (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIFebruary 26, 2014
A great place to work! A typical day involves answering the phones and troubleshooting issues from staff. I've learned a lot about troubleshooting Windows issues and have enjoyed every minute. The hardest part of this job, for me, was the commute to and from home every day. Otherwise, a great place to work with awesome co-workers.
Pros
Everyone is so nice!
Cons
It was just a contract job or I'd stay on!
Did not enjoy workign there at all.
Senior Consumer Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIJanuary 18, 2014
Worked there for a year and a half. Discriminated towards men.
Accused of doing many things that never transpired. If you are a man do not work there. One of the most disruptive places I have ever worked.
Pros
Cons
Female oriented. They discrimenate against men
Very open and wonderful work environment
Equity Processor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MI Main OfficeDecember 4, 2013
Community Financial was a very nice place to work, the hours were the standard 9-5, however the management was more than accommodating when you need to change your schedule based on need or emergencies. They compensate the employees well, better than any other Credit Union I have been at before. My co-workers were pleasant to be around, though loud and disruptive. The hardest part of the job was the constant over the shoulder type of management by some of them, and trying to find time for the monthly evaluations required when the amount of work was mountainous.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Disruptive environment
Local
FINANCIAL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COAugust 8, 2013
Small work environment, Little room to move up, stressful, always busy.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Needs training program
Challenging high paced work environment
Member Services (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 4, 2013
I spent most days helping members manage accounts, and filing paperwork.

I learned more about balancing tills, and how to better multi-task and improved my customer service skills.

Management was good, but there's room for improvement.

love my co-workers, they are very nice supportive people.

Hardest part of the job is not always being able to meet members needs.

The most enjoyable part was getting to know the members.
Close to home and wonderful staff
Title Clerk (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJune 26, 2012
I was the title department for this credit union. I learned how to file for motor vehicle titles, process auto loans from dealerships into our system. I also looked over those credit reports and made phone calls on how Home equity line and consolidation would save them money. I had a great success rate.
Pros
did all my work with little interuption, great people to work with.
Cons
management.