Community First Credit Union Employee Reviews

not at this time
Loan Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAMay 6, 2018
My typical day is 8 30 to 5 30, I have learned lot working at Community First. I am working with a lot of spreadsheets. I was employed doing loans before and dealing with customers. Now I am on the phone a lot.
Pros
Nice work Environment.
Cons
I do not talk face to face with members.
Declining to provide this information.
Teller Solutions Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 1, 2018
Declining to provide this information. This information is not being provided due to lack of interest in commenting on the particular subject matter at hand.
Well-managed Credit Union
Teller Solutions Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 18, 2018
The management at Community First was very cohesive. There was opportunity for me to advance within the Credit Union, however I felt like it was not the right fit for me.
Community orientated non profit, portfolio lending, correspondence lending Fannie Mae, VA, FHA
Mortgage loan officer (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAMarch 20, 2018
Community First Credit Union is a pleasant local non profit company that allows for community involvement, and direct retail sales. Portfolio loan products provide the opportunity to more involved in the local Real Estate community and offer a uniqueness.
Pros
Very local lending, small company, underwriting
Cons
Very local lending, small company, underwriting to the individual
People are nice
Teller (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 19, 2018
Most of the tellers are nice and I get alone with them. I just want something different and want to see what is out there for me. I would like something that I do not have to work on the weekends to spend more time with my family.
Community First Credit Union
Teller/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Waupaca, WIDecember 30, 2017
A very good company to work for. They have competitive wages and benefits. Their motto is to provide excellent member service while providing an enjoyable atmosphere for employees and members. They are a fast growing company and it is great to be a part of that. The best part of the job is the people that you come to know and feel a connection with while handling their financial needs. The hardest part is how quickly they are growing and the number of members you wait on is overwhelming some days. It can be very stressful. The management at the branch level could use improvement.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Branch level management.
Part-time Teller (Current Employee) –  Ottumwa, IADecember 9, 2017
If you're looking for a friendly-lively place to work, then this is the place for you. Friendly and helpful staff. Regardless of part-time or full-time you get PTO and Sick days.
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  OSHKOSH WIDecember 6, 2017
It was one of the busiest branches in the organization which is what I really loved about it. I was at a great location in Oshkosh only minutes from home. I learned many things while working there about people, coworkers, management, and about the job itself. They had a great training environment as well and really cared about their employees and members. The hardest part of the day was after 3:00 when members started to get out of work. The most enjoyable was being able to help members in every aspect of their financial world, because CFCU offered everything for a member from savngs, checking, loans, up to insurance and having a financial/investment area, and small business.
overall
Plastics Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIDecember 5, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company in the beginning. At the end, was a different story. I felt like CFCU was more concerned about showcasing and being flashing, then about their employees. There was not adequate staffing. And with the new move to the corporate office, the morale just seemed to go downhill.
C1st Credit Union
Teller (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IANovember 6, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Community 1st Credit Union. I got to learn how to process money, customer relations, and how a credit union works. This was a good experience for me.
Great place to work would highly recommend Community First CU
Teller on Travel Team (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIOctober 26, 2017
Great place to work. Excellent training program. Everyone is willing to help. Very big on giving back to the community. They are sponsors of several community events through out the year. Encourages all employees to volunteer. Provide amenities to make employees work environment a better place to work.
Pros
They have a cafeteria, Exercise equipment for employee use & an outdoor patio to relax & unwined during breaks.
Cons
Do not have employee amenities at all of their locations.
Great community engagement.
Member Lending Specialist (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIOctober 4, 2017
Great place to work with along with great people. Community First is very community oriented which is a great opportunity to get involved in different volunteer opportunities.
Working as an intern teller
Teller Intern (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WISeptember 2, 2017
You working as an intern teller in high school was a great experience during my time. It was very skill to know what kind of job you are working with. You learn alot like managing money and withdraw like a teller.
Receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIAugust 23, 2017
Greeted members with enthusiasm and confidence. Enjoyed serving the members needs and helping them feel comfortable regarding financial issues. Hardest part of the job was working until 6:00pm and on Saturdays.
Pros
LOVED serving the members
Cons
Working Saturdays and until 6:00pm
One of my favorite jobs ever!
Floating Teller/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIAugust 2, 2017
Work was interesting, environment fun and supportive, great teamwork and management. Lots of opportunities to grow and advance. Enjoyed everyday interactions with the members. Great workplace culture.
Pros
great work environment, co-workers and management
Cons
wage compensation not a living wage.
Catty girls
Teller (Former Employee) –  New London wiJune 8, 2017
If you want to work for a place that talks about every employer behind there back then work here. Even the manager chimes right in. Wasn't a good experience for me
Community First Credit Union review
Teller (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 21, 2015
The Community First Credit Union is a great place to work, where the management is good and the coworkers are friendly. I was able to learn good customer service, and how to use and maintain a cash drawer.
Awesome Culture
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  WIJanuary 29, 2015
Very fast atmosphere and handle lots of customer service issues and lots of loan volume. Job Culture is like no other, very fun and upbeat. Everyone is like family there, very friendly coworkers. Lots of opportunity to volunteer in the community with your coworkers.
Pros
People have worked there for many many years
Cons
Pay and advancement
Its very productive, huge on social responsibility,promotes financial literacy and a very good atmosphere and ethical workplace
Marketing intern (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin,USAAugust 1, 2012
Call/source suppliers to order promotional items,review surveys inorder to respond to customer complaints,have a weekly meeting about our reality check programme. Usually visit our branches in Highschools and tertiaries to do competitions,prizes and most importantly promote our bank and encourage teenagers to budget,save,open accounts,etc.

Co-workers were great and very cooperative,I learned alot from them.Hardest part was setting up annual meeting with all our clientele. I loved going out there to promote and represent our branch,and educating the youth.
Pros
international experience
Cons
foreign country, culture, etc

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community First Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

Community First Credit Union Reviews by Location