Community First Solutions Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productful and enjoyable
Uplift Care Manager/LSW (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHMay 29, 2018
I learned many new skills working with Community First Solutions. I also learned to work with a diverse population and enhance my problem solving skills.
Pros
Expereice working with seniors in their home
Cons
driving too many places in a day.
Poor Communication and Unstable Work Environment
Direct Care Mental Health Provider (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHMay 8, 2018
Agency has "restructured" three times in less than a year. The most recent led to layoffs with no warning or continuity of care for the clients. Policies and procedures change on a dime, making it impossible to provide consistency for staff or clients.
Pros
Wonderful middle management, nice balance of autonomy/team
Cons
No consistency, no job security, very expensive benefits and low amount of paid holidays
Autonomy, but Poor Leadership
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHMay 2, 2018
Most of upper management are not licensed therapist and can't give you clinical supervision. They lack vision and tell the staff "we can't guarantee that we'll be able to keep the doors open", so no job security.
Pros
Autonomy.
Cons
Very few high licensed employees.
very stressful
STNA (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHMarch 13, 2018
No teamwork or communication between nurses and aides and management. Management doesn't know what they are doing. Not enough staff to take care of so many residents. Nurses don't help the aides.
Committed
Counseling Professional (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHFebruary 19, 2018
Community First Solutions does so much for it’s employees to help with retention and burn out, such as constantly seeking innovative ways to recognize and reward us. We even have our own “community cash” which can be given to employees who go the extra mile to purchase logo-ed apparel and accessories, which can be worn on casual days and they have started giving $10 gift cards. Some staff complain about “it’s only $10” but I look at it as that was $10 I didn’t have before! They also have free memberships to fitness areas on some of the campuses. The work environment is always changing, but I view that as there are always new opportunities for advancement. I have been here for several years and this is the most I have seen from leadership given to employee morale, and I love it! I hear there are more ideas on the horizon and I can’t wait to see what those are!
great residents and coworkers!
STNA (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHNovember 28, 2017
I love to make my residents smile and they make me smile. I love my job, and I work with the best people! I feel my boss listens to me when I need her, but I do not have a lot of things to bring to her really. The work is hard and just like everywhere, we have to work even harder when we have call offs but staffing is still better than other places I have been! If I could of given it ten stars I would!
Pros
great residents, great team, resident ratios are good
Horrible corporate management
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHNovember 20, 2017
Friendly and helpful coworkers, but many upper-level managers were feared and/or hated. This was a “secret” shared by most everyone. My boss was universally disliked and many people quit because of her “management” style, but the company will not get rid of her. She was unable to manage her emotions and had intense issues with relinquishing control to employees. HR did nothing when informed of her often completely innapropriate behavior. I would not recommend this company as long as they allow upper-level management to continue their clique-y, nightmarish style of governing.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Horrible management
Love the residents
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Community FirstNovember 17, 2017
Being a Veteran of Community First , @ one point I would have given this place a five star rating all the way around. They have lost their connection with the staff, it use to be such a personable place to work, very family oriented, they made you feel special. Now you really feel just like a number. We still continue to deliver the best care to the residents as we possibility can, given we are so short staffed all the time. On a positive note I feel like things might be looking up. Upper management and unit managers need to make you feel like you are worth something, instead of "walking on eggshells " all the time. I hope if HR or whoever reads these reviews takes it constructively, and makes community first solutions number one again 💜
Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
Professional atmosphere and friendly co-workers
STNA (Current Employee) –  Westover, Berkeley Square, and JamestowneNovember 14, 2017
Great teaching atmosphere. Patients are so grateful and very appreciative of the care and warm surroundings. Hallways, Therapy Rooms and Dining atmosphere for our patients very friendly and homelike atmosphere. Management has been very compassionate and willing to lend a helping hand. TEAM WORK throughout.
The hardest part of my job, looking very sick patients in their eyes and in my heart know there is no magic wand.
The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that through the littlest task,done for my residents, has made a big impact on their life and the returned smile weighs more than any gold in this world.
Pros
Work out centers, tution assistance, healthcare benefits and acknowlegements
Cons
gray uniforms
We work for our residents
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Westover Retirement CommunityNovember 13, 2017
I absolutely love working for this company. The residents are why I come to work- they make you smile and it is something different everyday. The management is working hard to promote a positive work environment and give us monthly drawings for gift cards and make it worthwhile to come to work. My co-workers are great however if the call offs are a little excessive but management is working hard to turn that around. If calls offs would decrease the place would be perfect!
Pros
Residents, co-workers, pay, time off
Cons
Excessive call offs
Join us!
RN Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHNovember 13, 2017
Working at the nursing communities as an RN Nurse Manager is very rewarding. The best part of my job is teaching the nursing staff and ensuring awesome patient care. The hardest part of my job as manager is covering call offs. We want kind, fun, hardworking nurses and STNA's to join our team. I love my job.
Pros
incentives, shift diff $1.50 for nights
Love My Second Family
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHNovember 13, 2017
I absolutely love working for Community First Solutions - it is like my second home. The leadership is amazing and they really try and work with each employee. The nursing staff is great. We are a great team and I absolutely love coming to work everyday.
Pros
Management is approachable, positive working environment
Great team!
STNA (Current Employee) –  Butler County, OHNovember 13, 2017
The workload can be challenging, but management does a lot to help us out. The hardest part of the job is that things change all the time, like the people we take care of can be having a good or a bad day, and it could be 4 or 5 of them having a bad day all at once! My manager really helps out on the floor and my DON touches base with us through the day too. What I like the most about my job is that we all work as a team.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
stressful days
Not perfect...but who is?
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHNovember 7, 2017
I’ve worked at colonial in the nursing department for several years at all 3 facilities. Some staff are great and some not. Management texts and I like that I can communicate that way with them. They seem to care more than other places I’ve worked. I love the residents and most of the people I work with. If nurses and aides would stop calling off then we would not be short staff.
Pros
Shift diff, Pto, flexible schedules, fun coworkers
Cons
Nursing call offs leave us short; pay could be better
Just awful
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHNovember 1, 2017
Reminds staff they are replaceable. Will bring in $10 dollar giftcards to show "appreciation " instead of staffing buildings adequately. Turn over rate is unreal. Often schedule nurses as aids. Claim that they are unable to provide competitive wages due to company being non profit, yet nurses straight out of nursing school are making 2 dollars more than veteran nurses who have put years into this company. Do not make yourself miserable working for this company. Not worth it.
Pros
Fellow coworkers (on nights at least) have your back
Cons
Administration. Management. Low wages. Burnout
Mental Health Clinician (Current Employee) –  Butler County, OHSeptember 28, 2017
I currently work for CFS and don't intend on leaving any time soon. It's a good company to work for with a lot of people who care about providing great client/patient care. I have seen proactive initiatives to improve morale and communication from the top down. Overall, I have felt valued as an employee and that's not always the case with an organization of this size.
Pros
fair pay and flexible hours
More Communication
Health Services Clinical Liaison (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHSeptember 22, 2017
Non Profit company that has very little communication with it's employees. Employees feel under valued and under utilized. CEO not personal or friendly. Has no desire to get to know his employees.
Pros
job duties, salary
Cons
Ceo, VP's with little to no communication, respect, or value shown to employees
Worst company I've ever worked for.
STNA (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHSeptember 19, 2017
Disorganized, very clicky on nights, not welcoming to new staff. Short staffed always. Nurses are assigned patients but push the work off on STNAS using their LPN title. Terrible place to work very stressful.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Nurses treat STNAs terrible it's a class system.
Community first LPN
LPN (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHSeptember 17, 2017
Direct management is trying hard to make changes, upper management is declining fast. Way too understaffed and under appreciated. The pay is not consistent with work or experience.
I would not recommend any nurses here
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton,ohioSeptember 7, 2017
Run as fast as you can away The nighshift nurses and some on days are cochas and treat new employees like bad. Not a good place to work..........
Pros
Cons
Pay sucks(they are not for profit, so their pay is low)