Community Health Alliance Employee Reviews

Dental Front Office (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 3, 2019
CHA is a great place to work. Someone said we are not open but we are so I think that must have been in a different city then Reno. Management is great, being able to take time off when I want and get paid is an amazing benefit. Pay is comparable to other places when you include the benefits we receive. The hardest part of the job is dealing with some of the patients, however helping patients in need is rewarding. I like that they offer the opportunity to work either 8 or 10 hour days.
Out of business
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 1, 2019
Out of business. There isn't anything more to say because this company no longer exists so there is no reason to put anything in a review to a "potential" employee
Never work Here
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJune 30, 2019
Community Health Alliance also known as Chapcare is the worse place I have ever worked at. Management can care less about your needs, no room to grow, they micromanage your every move, high turn over rate and the company is doing a lot of shady business. This is the type of place that everyone knows your business
Fun place to work
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHJune 23, 2019
Different diversity of clients. Relaxed enivorment easy to get ahold of upper management supervisor are not the best clients are good. Learned alot of computer work and how to do charts audits and alot about medication and the drug and alcohol rehabilitation world
Pros
Work on your own
Cons
No breaks
Not a pleasant work place
Front Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 23, 2019
If it wasn’t for your co workers working at CHA would be a horrible place to work for. Mid management is not qualified to do their job properly or they simply don’t care to truly make a difference. Benefits are great but hardly any pay raises. Prepare to be under stress at all times wether it’s coming from patients or management.
Benefits
Cons
Unhealthy work environment
overwhelming
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 27, 2018
I dont blame management for this part but it was a very overwhelming place to work. I believe its due to the fact that it is government owned. I saw anything between 22-35ish patients a day, most of them being kids who needed vaccines, vaccines needed to be logged out by patient which when you're in a hurry was difficult, vaccines were also logged separately meaning once in the clinics system and once in WebIZ, forms had to be filled out by parents prior to giving shots and doctor had to double check the vaccines before being administered..which again was only difficult because I would have 3 other patients who needed the same, many times back to back. As an MA we had to ask so many questions prior to the doctor going in the room, they wanted rooming to be done under 5 minutes but with all the additional questions it became difficult. I learned so much from the Doc i worked for which was amazing and i genuinely loved her, it was just a lot of work to do for one person, plus also have lab results to call in and telephone encounters to get to, and also do prior authorizations for patients. They would get very very upset if we had even 1 hour of over time which was nearly impossible to not have due to how much work there was to be done. Many time i stayed late and worked for free just so that my load would keep pilling up. They were very very strict about conversing with co-workers, even a little bit, very strict about over time, very strict about social media, very strict about phones, very strict about lunch times and breaks (even thought we never got our breaks because of how  more... busy it got)..i can continue going but i believe that's enough. I did love my direct managers however and the staff at my location was great. Main building was very cliquey and had lots of drama.  less
Pros
good direct managers, great learning environment
Cons
overwhelming, strict, very fast pace, high work load
Great company
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 26, 2018
Loved working under my supervisors, and is a great place to grow and learn about working with the community. they offer a lot of learning opportunities and can transfer to other sites or positions within the company.
Discriminatory and hostile management
Dental Front Office (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 25, 2018
50 plus patients on a typical day. Mid-Management is immature. HR is under qualified and discriminatory. CDO and COO under qualified. Hostile patients
Pros
Serving the community
Cons
Hostile work environment
Great Working for This Company
Scheduler/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 7, 2018
It was a great experience working for this company.
I learned a lot, and this place helps the under-insured
population. Seeing children get their teeth fixed was
amazing. A lot of this population had never gone to
a dentist.
Pros
Loved the people I served
Cons
Management needs to be trained more
Drama
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 1, 2018
At first I was very happy but as soon you fit in or things are going well drama happens. Upper management does not do muxh to help or fix it. It's like you're in high school with high school teens starting drama. Makes it very unhealthy environment to work.
Pros
Fun parties
Cons
No raise, no awards, to complement your work
CHA does good work with a dedicated work force
Professional Staff (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 11, 2017
If you like quick-paced, growing organization, CHA is a great place to work. you have to have the passion and desire to work in community health; it gives you a feeling of accomplishment at end of day to do good.
Dedicated and caring providers and staff doing good for our community and those who really need our services.
stressful work environment
Lpn (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 2, 2017
stressful and very fast paced. If you don't fit in then your always on the outside looking in. Very difficult to work with some of the staff d/t immaturity.
Fun fast pace
Dental Front Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 3, 2017
Good pay good place to work for great benefits hours kind of suck but over all everything about it is a great learning experience. I regular day at work is to come in and check your messages check in patients fill in applications. I think the hardest part is watching patients being sick management is great
Pros
paid time off
Cons
no overtime
Rewarding
Full time Dental Hygienist in a busy Health Clinic (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 30, 2016
Working at CHA is a very rewarding experience working with the wide arrange of patients. At times it can be very challenging but you leave at the end of the day feeling good about how you have helped the lesser privileged in the community.
Benefits
Cons
Poor management
I love working here
Employee (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 1, 2015
It's a great company to work for. The benefits are good and you can use whatever training they give and go far with it. Management is pretty good and understandable. Hardest part of the job is to keep up with all the new rules but after while it seems normal. Most enjoyable part of the job is feeling like you are really making a difference in someones live by helping those in medical or dental need.
It is a mission driven organization with wonderful mission oriented people
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 6, 2015
Provides excellent services to the under-served community.
Mission driven, mission oriented. Mission accomplished

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Health Alliance. Our community is ready to answer.

Community Health Alliance Reviews by Location