Community Health Center of Snohomish County

Community Health Center of Snohomish County Employee Reviews

fun workplace, excellcent manager at edmonds
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonds, WANovember 29, 2018
great team at Edmonds, everyone is super helpful. when ever I need help someone is always there to help out, I enjoy working with my provider. Manager us really understanding and always has a open door and cares about his employees
Overall great company to work for
Dental Assistant / General Dentistry (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAAugust 13, 2018
I have worked for a handful of community health centers. This CHC is by far top notch. It is ran very well and follows it's mission. It's a great atmosphere to work in, upper management is wonderful.
Pros
Healthy work environment, good pay, paid time off, uniform reimbursement
Just like family
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAAugust 8, 2018
Doctors would put in referral and we would processes them, get authorization from insurance company if required. Send supporting documents with referral if needed. Contact with insurance companies, doctors, specialist, and co-workers. Call patient's to let them know there referral has been processed and where it was sent to.
Pros
Insurance, we were like family.
Cons
Sometimes we did not get ourt breaks.
Fun place
Administration (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJuly 13, 2018
Great place to work. Nice atmosphere, nice people, nice location, great compensation. Great support, absolutely great place to be and work in Everett.
Loved working there
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJune 12, 2018
Great place to work . Were great and understanding and if lived in area would go back in a minute. Loved the doctors , staff and helping the patients. I was very sad to leave but we moved back to Minnesota
great
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Everett, WANovember 13, 2017
Great place to work in, for a beginning career. Girls were very helpful, manager office is always open if you have any concern. I learn alot everything is done by the book.
Very productive place to work, worth my education
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 5, 2017
The Clinic manager here is amazing and I was sad to go. I worked with wonderful providers and employees here and miss it definitely. Place was like home away from home
Very poor management at everett s. Dental
Dental Receptionist (Former Employee) –  South Everett DentalSeptember 12, 2017
This is a very poorly run dental clinic. In addition to very long and stressful days the clinic is not family friendly. Management fires employees at an unbelievable rate. In the short time I was there I saw at least 5 people fired and same amount quit. Horrible place to work.
Management Sucks
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAAugust 22, 2017
This company has great values it's just too bad their manager at the Everett S. location doesn't share those values. The work is not worth the money and no overtime is permitted. Very stressful work environment
Rewarding job
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAJune 25, 2017
I enjoyed my time working with this company who helps those that may not have the opportunities that others may have in regards to Health Care. The company serves very diverse community of all ages backgrounds and ethnicities with compassion and dignity.
Pros
The coffee machine, experience
Cons
Can be very demanding at times
Great Place to Work if You're a Machine
Health Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAFebruary 3, 2017
To be honest, I really enjoyed working there. I liked most of my coworkers and I think most of them liked me. Most were friendly and welcoming. This was my first, real career-level job. I liked what I did everyday and it felt good to work for a company that puts patients first. I felt important and like I was making a difference. I did not, however, think the workload expected of me was fair nor reasonable. To get things done effectively and in a timely manner, this job really requires two people. I very seldom took my breaks, except lunch. I did not waste time socializing. I worked as hard as I could, yet still I could not keep up. I made some mistakes, which I worked hard to correct and improve upon. I was not given much chance to prove myself. I was terminated after working there for 7 months. The "coaching" I received was basically my manager telling me what I did wrong. It was obvious she has never done this job, so she does not understand the effort and time it takes to perform all of the required tasks. I really thought I would be there for many years. I learned a lot though, and I am grateful to them for that.
Pros
friendly environment, good benefits, great hours
Cons
unreasonable expectations, low pay, not a lot of PTO, cramped and distracting workspace
They fire without valid reason
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAFebruary 1, 2017
After only 2 months with the company both new hires were fired without notice or reason. Unacceptable in my opinion. And no chance to better themselves as employees was given.
Great place to work!
Patient Accounts Specialist-Certified (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAAugust 22, 2016
I love that CHC focuses on serving the uninsured and makes health and dental care accessible to those that may not otherwise seek care.
N/a
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAAugust 17, 2016
CHC is a good place to work at, I loved working with my coworkers and helping people in the community with their oral health.
Fast paced health center
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAJune 22, 2016
Community health Center is a fast paced work for a medical assistant. Working here allows me to think fast, multitask, and use my bilingual skills every day. I do PKU's, injections, immunizations, EKG's, NST's, blood sugar check, blood draws, room patients, vital signs, charting, set up and assist the doctor in procedures.
Pros
Gaining lots of experience
cheap company, no job security, conservative and traditioanl
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonds, WAMay 21, 2016
worked there for 8 months. CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP company. management are conservative and religious . you can not wear sweater over your scrubs in winter, you can not apply lipstick. your scrubs should be 2 size larger than your actual size . you can not pump for your baby even in private room if you are a new mom.

Pay is not good. workload is really heavy. you have to do EVERYTHING.
They will ask you to clock off and work for free sometimes.

patients are really poor and sometimes they can not offer even 2 $ ibuprofen. there are lots of drug seeker and its very hard to work with them since they do everything to get their pain medication.

last thing: management are not good. they replace you , terminate you very easily.
for 8 months i worked there, 4 people got terminated .

don't work for this company.
Pros
Cons
cheap, conservative, No job security. Bad insurance
Great Entry Level Experience
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WANovember 20, 2015
This is a good place to jump start your career when just starting out in the medical field. The mission statement of the company attracts compassionate and dedicated people, but the opportunities for advancement and monetary compensation are lacking.
Very Mission Driven
HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Everett, WANovember 2, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was the hard working people I worked with. Health care professionals who have a passion for providing quality health care.
Don't work here
Registered Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  WashingtonOctober 8, 2015
Don't work here. Providers and management are very shady. There have been several people that end up not being trust worthy.
Okay Entry Level Job
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  WAMay 1, 2015
I would only advise applying here if an applicant is first entering the medical assisting field. The pay is poor, the benefits are passable and the hours are long. It's a decent place to cut your teeth in the field but not for long term employment. Even with exceptional credentials and an exemplary work ethic opportunities for advancement are virtually non-existent. Added to this management emphasizes netting as many patients as possible even if it means a hostile, if not downright dangerous work environment. The aforementioned reasons combine to create a very high turnover rate so don't get too attached to your fellow employees as over half of them will be working with you for less than a year.
Cons
Pay, No Work/Life Balance, Little Opportunity For Advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Health Center of Snohomish County. Our community is ready to answer.

Community Health Center of Snohomish County Reviews by Location