Community Health Center Employee Reviews

Terrible leadership
Assistant Manager of Patient Registration (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAApril 3, 2019
It was horrible there. Always uneasy because, of conflict somewhere. I was promoted twice but, I was just thrown into the fire...no training. I got no support from upper management. The health benefits are terrible I could afford to add my children.
Most enjoyable part of the job
Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mattapan, MAMarch 20, 2019
Most enjoyable part of the day was seeing the smiles on the different kids face when all I gave them fun activities to do and all completed them with knowledge.
stressful place to work
Senior Patient Services Associate (Current Employee) –  New London, CTMarch 13, 2019
very stressful place to work, typical day is very busy and management are not available when is needed, not opportunity to grow. health care is a right not at privilege
Gets the bills paid
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTFebruary 13, 2019
What really stood out to me about this place was the CEO does final interview which i thought was pretty cool because you get to meeting him and hes very friendly and seems to care a lot about who working for his company.
Great
PSA (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTFebruary 5, 2019
Great place to work and feel like your making a difference. Everyone has multiple hats that they wear. Salaries are great but as far as having flexibility in your schedule, don't waste your time. Very demanding schedule and no real time off thru out the year. Understaff and over worked.
Pros
Pay is great
Cons
over working and no consideration for staff
Okay beginning experience if you are a new in the field - not good if you have experience and exciting ideas in your field
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 22, 2019
Okay work experience if you are new in the field - otherwise you are treated like you know nothing - leading to much frustration. Little room for advancement and change. Total lack of communication in some areas that are really important! Management can be real bad - depending on who your manager is (some good managers - mine wasn't). Pay low - but they do have other benefits to help compensate: free CEU's, seasonal parties, dress down days and personal days. You will not be able to pay your bills unless you are married/live with a significant other that helps pay bills.
Pros
Loved the clients - challenging but no different that any other SUD population
Cons
Low pay, no place to advance, some awful supervisors, general lack of communication overall
very busy sometime chaotic
RN CCM flu clinic (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTJanuary 11, 2019
managers asked to exceed job limitations of this Rn although upper management advised me to refuse. very tough situation to be caught in and in which to function
Pros
fun at times, educational
Cons
management lack of clarity
Very stressful
Receptionist/Billing (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 29, 2018
Would not recommend job to anyone if asked. I really just dont have anything to say. The turnover was terrible. Ijust really dont have anything else to say. I was a different experience. Never been through anything like that.
Cons
Fun place to work you will getots of on hands training if you really want it
Medical Assistant/ Clinic manager (Former Employee) –  Grover Beach, CADecember 19, 2018
I enjoyed my years working for CHC
I enjoyed the patients that came my way
I was blessed to have had a open door policy with my Supervisor
I could type for days with so much to say positive about CHC
There mission is seen in all different ways 100%
I had the great pleasure to work with Special Population it showed me that no matter what you're mood was when you arrived to work

There was someone there that walked through the door that wanted to sit in a safe warm office and not looked at in any shape or form
stressful and cutthroat
Residential Aide (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 11, 2018
The job was a thankless job where recovering addicts constantly took out their frustrations on the employees. The management left too many questionable things up to the employees, so nothing was consistent
This was an Externship
Health Claims Specialist- Externship (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTDecember 10, 2018
Typical day was that they had us going thru old medical records, faxing and going thru mail. This wasn't a great learning experience because we never got the training we were suppose to during this externship. Employees i met were nice to me but I did my own thing most days
Pros
Able to get my work done
Cons
Not learning more or being trained
Look elswehere
Primary Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTDecember 8, 2018
If you don't want to be taken advantage of please consider another organization. The turn over rate is very high, you will not get any support and the the amount of work they expect is crazy. For providers, ask for minimum salary of $140,000.00 - they will low ball you but expect you to see 30 patients a day and not give you a secretary to help you. You will be working completely on your own doing all the procedures and data collection/entry. Not how I want to deliver care to patients.
Excellent staff
Lead Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonds, WADecember 7, 2018
The Edmonds CHC clinic is a perfect example of teamwork. Each and every person strives to provide excellent patient care, while constantly working together as a team.
A company making a change
Call Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CT, USDecember 5, 2018
Community health center, not unlike other healthcare centers can be stressful, fast paced and rewarding. Unlike other healthcare centers Community health center is also caring, kind, giving and works to ensure healthcare for all. What I respect the most about the company is that it is not about the money, making a buck. What the main focus is here is the patient, and their care, not just healthcare but their overall care.
Management Doesn't Care
RN (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSNovember 4, 2018
For the most part, the nursing staff does a great job working together to make the best of things and get stuff done. That being said, management does not care at all to listen to any concerns or ideas for improving work conditions. There is a top down philosophy and upper management makes a lot of decisions that make for a completely unstable work environment and do not make sense to those that actually work with patients. Pay is decent for the area but should be more for what you have to deal with every day.
Working for CHC
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTNovember 1, 2018
It's an overall great place to work. The only problem I have is that alot of positions require you to speak Spanish and I don't so it hard for me to move to other departments.
Chc
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 16, 2018
I enjoy working there at times, and other times I am just wiped out. They continually make changes that doesn't always get communicated. They continually add more for you to do and at times you can't seem to get every thing done.
i loved my job
P atient Service Associate (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTSeptember 7, 2018
had a very good experience and the coworkers were very nice and the atmosphere at times could get hectic however there was laughter so that made it better and everybody gets along
Pros
patients can be rude
Cons
coworkers have your back
Fast-paced atmosphere
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  WAAugust 9, 2018
A typical day of work here included dealing with many patients and potential patients who oftentimes did not speak English, so it was harder to communicate with them. Management was okay. Workplace culture was cutthroat.
Pros
Birthday cakes/cards, gift cards
Cons
Coworkers were cutthroat/mean
work
Orange County Patient Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 25, 2018
Patient care specialist are hired to be bullied by the LPNS and medical assistants working on the floor. The management makes an easy job difficult. attitudes from coordinators.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Health Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight