Community Health Center
Happiness rating is 52 out of 100

Community Health Center Employee Reviews

United States167 reviews

Work is what you make it. This could be an excellent place to work if you put in the effort.

Once fully staffed this place is awesome. Short staffed seems to turn into short tempers from patients r/t longer wait times. Employees try to keep smiling and moving.

Unorganized/Entitled/toxic work environment

They had a whole month to provide new hires with documents and instructions for their first day of work and nothing was ever sent to them. Missed the opportunity of having multiple new hires because how unorganized they are. CHC-HR were also very rude to the candidates when informed they have accepted other jobs offers. What were they expecting, these people waiting without jobs until CHC were able to get their pile of trash together?

Pros

Health benefits

Community Health Center insights

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

poor management and pay

There is poor communication and management. The pay is not enough compared to the work we do everyday. They expect you to with more than one specialty without increase of pay

Most Awful place to work!

Very unorganized, questionable practices, shows favoritism, the list goes on and on please avoid this place! The people here are very dishonest and I am very disappointed in the lack of professionalism that this organization has. From the board members all the way to the workers.

No comunicacion

No hay comunicacion. Hay que guiar mucho y si eres SBHC tienes que ir al main site.

A joke

The management of the office in highpoint is very rude and disrespectful and way to much favoritism none of the offices/ locations run the same way no communication

Pros

Lunches events patients

Cons

Communication management favoritism

Poor management, employees are not valued

When someone in the department leaves, they are seldom replaced. The work is divided between the others in the department. Not a welcoming environment, at all.

Coworkers are amazing but those with power abuse it.

There was quite a few pros and cons to working at CHC, pros is the amazing people you get to work with and all the patients you see and bond with, cons are that the leads and managers have a power complex and when you get on their bad side you are immediately targeted and scrutinized over everything and everything.

Pros

Kind coworkers, amazing patients, monthly training to stay up to date on policies and procedures

Cons

Manager targets employees depending on mood and if they like them or not.

Great company, benefits,& management & co-workers

I have been in the dental field for 25 years . Worked the last 3 at the Community Center, wish I would have spent the past 22 at the Community Center !!!!!

Pros

Free lunches, management care about staff

Cons

I have none !

Team Family Care Support

Everything I did at CHC I loved I love my Teammates across the offices. Long lasting friends have been build because of CHC. The opportunity the do the same work with the added bonus to Work Remotely was the reason I left. If CHC would ever implement a Fully Work From Home position I would humbly go back.

Pros

It’s not just a job It was a Family

Loved the people

Great experience and learned lots of things working at CHC. My co workers were awesome and I miss them. I only departed from the company because my husbands shift wasn’t accommodating to my shift. I love the fact CHC takes all kinds of patients.

Favoritism

Too much favoritism. Bullying and disrespect. HR doesn’t do anything to help out. The bosses don’t do anything to fix the issue. I wish that management would listen

Pros

Morning job

Cons

Lack of communication

Small community owned company, great to work for.

I love working for this company. It is board managed and community owned. It is not a place that is owned by a big organization or company so you can really tell the difference when it comes to how they treat their employees. It is also a company that puts their residents first and not the dollar. Great people, great oppurtunities.

Do not work for them

All this company cares about is productivity and making money. They will never have your back as you’re just a number to them. It is a revolving door at CHC and they don’t care at all. The patients have to get new providers so frequently because of this and it creates poor quality of care. Clearly patient care is not their top priority, but they like to make believe it is.

I worked for my residents

Management did not stand behind the department heads. They would tell you one thing and then say they did not. The residents were a great part of the job.

Worst place to work at if you are not black.

Very unprofessional, rude thieves. They come from behind you when you're not there or you're standing there the next thing you know your cash drawer is short. You don't know why but someone's been in there and then I take it out of my pocket from what I was told to replace it otherwise I would be fired.

Wonderful place to work. Great team to work with. Wonderful at getting along and working together as a team. Whenever you need a helping a hand you can always count on someone to be there for you.

very productive

my review is 100 great people wonderful experience and made lots of friends that i will keep for a life time the only reason i have to leave it is because i am relocating other than that i will miss them very much

Boring and Very Unprofessional

Very unprofessional and always talking about other patients in a unprofessional manner, not clean and need more training on patient confidentiality and also leave there computers opened when not supervised by anyone.

Nothing good to share

High turnover, no breaks for meals , no IT assistance, no orientation, staff are overworked snd unhappy. They fire staff. Without just cause. Leadership bully staff.

Pros

Salary was fair

Cons

Poor leadetship

Dedicated team approch to medical and mental health care

Wonderful place to work. CHC supports its staff by offering benefits and more important a positive place to work. they are open to change and they are always looking for easy to improve your quality of work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Health Center. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.1Personal Development
3.9Career Opportunities
3.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight