Community Health Network Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Ok place to work at .
Patient Access Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 12, 2018
One thing about Community Health Network that stands out among the other health network is, We are patient focus. We really mean what we said about patients come first.

A typical day at work is greeting patients as come for us to schedule their next appointments.

I have learned how to do authorization for chemo therapy, radiation therapy and radiology. I learned about all the functions of Patient Access, in the office and hospital setting.

We use to have a great workplace culture but that all changed with we moved into a new big building. Our workplace culture is very vague. That is the hardest part about this job.

The most enjoyable part of this job is the patient. I love working with patients.
Pros
Bonuses every year.
Cons
Management.
Community Health Clinic
Physician Assistant in an Urgent Care Setting (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 4, 2018
Could have had much more competent management. Employees become burnt out quickly, management does not prioritize the health and well being of providers.
Yes, I did.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJune 23, 2018
Answer incoming calls. Answer benefit questions. Set up appointments for the members. Answer call back messages. Worked for data entry as well which I checked all claims for errors.
Pros
great place to work
Community Rocks!!!!
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 20, 2018
The best company to work for PERIOD!!! Very professional ,they practice what they preach! Great management,and employer as a whole. A company that's definitely willing to invest in their employees.
Lack of teamwork and deceptive management
Behavioral Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 17, 2018
Team members will throw each other under the bus to deflect blame and accountability. Management does not care about their employees and are very deceptive in their attempts to get back at employees if they are made to look back in front of the director. There is horrible lack of support and trust and team members become resentful and hateful if they see another team member excelling with their production or work performance. Management will tell employees to their face that they want to help you succeed then paint a different picture to the director. The hospital only focuses on nursing and doctors even though mental health and behavioral health staff members contribute just as much to serving the community. This department doesn't seem to be a priority for higher up management. Our jobs were threatened all the time and higher management would make comments about shutting down the department. Using fear and intimidation is not going to build trust or willingness to remain an employee.
Leadership of the Network is awesome
DIRECTOR, QUALITY RESOURCES & RISK MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 12, 2018
I like the Network- senior leadership is awesome. The culture is driven by the mission, vision and values. This is reinforced by senior leaders on a daily basis.
Excellent place to start trainning in residency
Medical Resident (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 6, 2018
Great place to work and enjoyed my time here overall. Easy staff to work with and nice facilities overall. Worked in the clinics, surgery center, and hospital daily and around the entire hospital system. Never had a problem anywhere I went.
Community Hospital was a great place to work!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 5, 2018
Busy is a word I would choose to describe how the day usually ran in the office. Very high paced but a lot of opportunities to learn new things every day. The staff at that time was very good to work with, all team players.
Work work work
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INJune 3, 2018
As a whole, Community Health Network is a great organization to work for. The atmosphere is welcoming and they truly care about their patients. The most enjoyable part of the day is being able to work hands on with the patients, basically the clinical aspect is amazing. The hardest part, would definitely have to be balancing the difficult patients during busy times, but that's apart of the medical life. The workplace culture within my office, could use some work but aside from that, community as a whole has a great workplace environment.
OK company
Utilization Review Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 3, 2018
Depends on which part of the network you work for. Behavioral Health is bottom of the barrel. Benefits could be better considering they force you to use all Community providers. PTO accrual not great.
workplace culture
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 31, 2018
The doctors that are in my office are amazing in every way. Feels like they really care about you. I stay for the patients! Believe management can do better. but believe that's anywhere you go.
productive
CRCST (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 29, 2018
Community is a great place to work. I personally enjoy working there. I just need a change in my environment. more family time. And need a job that's not so physical. Management was fair some what. I learned to be a leader and for the most part I enjoyed helping everyone
Pros
team pay
Cons
some benifits
Excellent
ct technologist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 26, 2018
I cannot say enough great things about CHN. I worked with the Imaging Centers for 9 yrs and it was a most enjoyable experience. I would highly recommend visiting these as a patient if needing medical care.
Review Summary
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INMay 19, 2018
Community Health Network was a very good place to work. I really enjoyed working there. Great atmosphere. Great people to work around. The location was good too.
Long Hours
Specialty Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 16, 2018
A difficult job for the pay - long hours to keep up with corporate demands and Provider issues and staffing issues.
Lots of stress and patient complaints.
Great Working Environment
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 15, 2018
Great people to work with, and an awesome network to work for. Work-Life balance was never an issue for myself, as PTO is fairly accrued with each pay cycle.
Pros
Team concept
Cons
No paid time off on major holidays.
Like a family atmosphere
Central Sterile Technician-CRCST (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 14, 2018
Have worked for Community Health Network for several years have watched it grow and becoming a very well known, vast patient services in many specialty areas.
Pros
hours and pay
good people
Personal Care Aide (PCA) (Current Employee) –  SpringvalleyMay 5, 2018
good people , not enough pay, need to improve pay rate , when cost of living increase so should all jobs pay rate , community seems to be the last to get pay in crease memo
Pros
choose your hours
Cons
not enough pay
Quality service to work for and cares for others
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 4, 2018
Great health network for the Community with great opportunities for growth and may areas of work to choose from and gain new experiences and knowledge.
Fair
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Berlin, WIMay 2, 2018
This company has scene changed ownership and does not have the same management. four days a week with full benefits....................................

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight