Community Health Network Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
I enjoyed working in housekeeping
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 27, 2018
I was really good at my job and enjoyed it. Feel like management needed better or more training and willingness to help. I feel like they forced their policies on some and not others.
Pros
Good pay and could be a long lasting job
Cons
Management treated employees differently
great company, patients first
Staff Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 26, 2018
Great place to work, competitive pay but on the lower end of the scale. Can work in several different settings throughout the network. Great leadership.
Pros
one on one patient care
Cons
lower in employee compensation
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 26, 2018
Great place to work. I learned a lot with Community and was cross trained on various jobs. The management were good people to work for and cared about their staff, and committed to patients first.
Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTSeptember 18, 2018
I highly recommend working here, the only reason I left was because the commute became too much for me. I learned so much and was able to put my education to use.
Loving place to work, where I felt free to actually care for my patients.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 17, 2018
I started to work for Community Health Network seven years ago. During that time discovering my true patient in connecting and caring for the others around me. Thank you Community for providing me the environment to truly grow.
Pros
Patient Care
Cons
Patient Care
Creative Leadership has allowed the company to evolve
Vice President of Operations (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTSeptember 13, 2018
Executive leadership truly cares for the employees within the organization. The creative leadership is the reason this organization has succeeded when so many others have failed.
Productive and Learning Organization
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 12, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Community Health Network, I only left because I had bought a home on the far Westside, and wanting to find employment closer to home.
Pros
Pitch-ins
Cons
Short lunch break
My NIght
Patient Access Specialist/Regristration (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 10, 2018
A typical night was busy sometimes only two staff working in ER it can be a little stressful,Our Management from our Manager is poor he doesn't care about his employees. The hardiest is being on your feet and standing all the time. The most Enjoyable is working with current employees that keep you laughing and a smile on your face.
Pros
discovcery benefits are great bonus a little ok
Cons
There employees insurance is not good (Prohealth)
fair workplace
Clinical Nurse Educator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 8, 2018
typical day was not typical. As a nurse, the days are always different. Culture was open, learning environment. Most enjoyable part is always the patients and providing good care.
I loved working at CHNw
Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Wellspring SouthSeptember 6, 2018
I worked for Wellspring Pharmacy for 6 years. f I didn't have to relocate for my husband finishing his medical training, I would have never seen myself leave CHNw!
Nice place to work for
UNIT SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 5, 2018
Working there was a learning experience I worked for them twice when it was call Westview Hospital and I learned so many things.
Everyone was so nice we all were able to do Team work together and never a dull moment.
Pros
Gift shop
Cons
Just like any other place
Amazing place to work
Security Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 1, 2018
Community Health Network takes care of their employees. Offers a wealth of Benefits. They are more than an employer, they are family! Hopefully I will find my way back to them one day! Miss You!
Fun and productive place to work with all coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 29, 2018
I enjoyed my job very much! Loved my coworkers because we were like family and that made my expirence worth wild at Community. As my first job my job taught me so many things to help me get into career someday, and though my job was for while I was still in school. I am ready to have a career thanks to Community.
Pros
50% discount on meals
Cons
30 minutes breaks
productive and sucessful
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 28, 2018
A typical day at work for me includes, Patient triage for a Doc that is in very high demand,he is a very valued. Obtaining Prior Authorizations for medical procedures and medication, sending reords to desired offices for referred patients and rooming patients for evaluation by physicians. I have learned so much about medications and their affects, I've seen people beat sicknesses like diabetes, HTN, HDL, Cancer and many other things.
The hardest part of my Job is getting everyone in for urgent care appointments on the same day because Pt's refuse to see any other physician, I love my job we are more like family. Everyone pitches in and helps. The most enjoyable part of my job is to see my hard work pay off. Patients and Physicians happy and well.
Pros
free lunch
Exciting and fasted paced environment
Patient Experience Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 27, 2018
Exciting and fasted paced environment to grow in. Most days were filled with patients requesting care and assistance with themselves or loved ones. Management was always available to assist with questions and concerns.
Pros
Flex schedule
Cons
Nothing noted
Good People Helping People
Master Trainer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 27, 2018
I spent a very short time at Community, but I don't have anything bad to say. I had good people in management. An abundance of educational opportunities and a strong mission to get behind.
Good environment
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  SouthAugust 15, 2018
I worked at a different, large hospital in Indianapolis prior to working for Community. Community has a much better culture and environment than what I am used to. I feel like, as a whole, they do care about what their employees think and want to do right by them. I get paid much more at Community than I did at my previous employer and I feel like they trust me to do my job.
good company
Scheduling Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 14, 2018
I loved Community as a company. We did many learning and growth activities and they also were very big of customer service and quality. The pace of the job was high speed but flowed well.
Great Environment
LPN (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 7, 2018
I have worked for community for almost 10 years. I have encountered many physicians and could say wonderful things about each. I have had wonderful management and just a great experience overall.
Great place to work!
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 6, 2018
I enjoyed working with the team of people at Community Health Network. Everyday was a different challenge. Managers have high expectations and follow-up on with you on questions and concerns.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight