Community Health Network Employee Reviews for Patient Access Manager

Featured review
Community Health Network selected this as a representative review
company is very community driven
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  through out networkApril 18, 2019
Majority of programs and staff are geared towards work/life balance. They value and care about ANPs and people are genuine. Continually attempting to improve processes.
Patient Access Representative
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 25, 2019
There are a lot of moving parts and details are key, especially dealing with insurance. Daily contact with patients. Flexibility is key and so is adaptability since things can change. The company is very community oriented and patient first mentality helps make the company stand out.
Pros
cafeteria, Starbucks coffee, friendly employees, pay, Pto, 401K
Cons
30 minute lunches, weekends required until you can change positions
My NIght
Patient Access Specialist/Regristration (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 10, 2018
A typical night was busy sometimes only two staff working in ER it can be a little stressful,Our Management from our Manager is poor he doesn't care about his employees. The hardiest is being on your feet and standing all the time. The most Enjoyable is working with current employees that keep you laughing and a smile on your face.
Pros
discovcery benefits are great bonus a little ok
Cons
There employees insurance is not good (Prohealth)
Ok place to work at .
Patient Access Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 12, 2018
One thing about Community Health Network that stands out among the other health network is, We are patient focus. We really mean what we said about patients come first.

A typical day at work is greeting patients as come for us to schedule their next appointments.

I have learned how to do authorization for chemo therapy, radiation therapy and radiology. I learned about all the functions of Patient Access, in the office and hospital setting.

We use to have a great workplace culture but that all changed with we moved into a new big building. Our workplace culture is very vague. That is the hardest part about this job.

The most enjoyable part of this job is the patient. I love working with patients.
Pros
Bonuses every year.
Cons
Management.
Okay
Patient Access and Volunteer Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 29, 2018
This is an okay place to work. The employee are not very professional and at times complain about just being asked to do their job. Overall it was a decent place.
I work in the ER at Community South and have a busy, fast paced environment. I thrive in the job and enjoy the various patients I encounter every day
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  1402 E County Line Road Indianapolis, IN 46227December 12, 2017
I do like the work environment of the ER. It is very fast paced and
the compensation for my work is lucrative. I work full time and I work six days in a row one week and then four the next with every other weekend and Wednesdays off. The hardest part of my job is making sure I have made sure the Red Rule is obeyed and that correct
patient information is entered into the EPIC system.

The most enjoyable part of my job is making patients happy and comfortable. It is a great job in which I never have a dull moment and I learn something new everyday..
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
Management can be difficult
Great Place to work
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INJuly 7, 2017
Opportunities are always provided to employees at all levels. Treating employees of all diversities with the greatest respect and providing opportunities of growth.
Pros
opportunities for growth of all levels
Fast pace,enjoyable patients,fun enviroment
PATIENT ACCESS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 19, 2014
A typical day is a very busy place especially at the beginning of the week I have learned to be patient and pay attention to patients and their needs,management is great making sure you are doing okay step when needed co workers are fun and everyone is a team player hardest part of my job id to see familys love ones pass away not realizing when they step into the hospital they did not know how sick their family member was.The most enjoyable part is to see patients come and able to go home and I enjoyed talking with patient and getting them registered in a timely matter and some you build a raport with because they are always coming in to get test,labs or out patient services done.
Pros
Perks
Cons
30 minute lunches
Great place to start a career
Patient Access (Current Employee) –  IndianapolisDecember 30, 2013
I love this company. I enjoy the busy atmosphere, health benefits, and being in the medical industry.
Pros
shift differential
Cons
working on holidays and weekends
Last resort
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 3, 2013
Working for this company was an overall negative experience. Whjen I started there was no training set up for me. we were constantly reprimand for policies we were aware of, and rules constantly changed.
Pros
payroll deduction, health benefits
Cons
no breaks, horrible management, no organization
Community Network okay
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 29, 2012
Very busy facility, usually short staffed; however I learned the importance of patient satisfaction and patient care. I learned what the purpose of preventative care and emergency care. I enjoyed working with the entry-level staff and believe most of them had enjoyable and beautiful personalities. I felt management could have been more employee focused vs. revenue because the employees are the front line and are as important as the patient's. The hardest part about the job was having to tell a patient "no" or "I'm unable to help you at this time". The most enjoyable part of the job was helping patient's!
Work days
PATIENT ACCESS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 3, 2012
Community Health Network (chn) is a very consistent work place because it allows you be a person that can advance to another department if your qualifications and work history show good. A typical work day for me could be working in at least 2-3 different depts anyday. What I have learned while working here is that you must be as professional as possible and don't get into the talking and hear say because it can be a pitfall. My co-workers for the most part are ok it's just so much talking about people like we are in high-school but other than that it is ok. The hardest part of this job is not having enough staff to do the job. This problem is one of those that anyone can blindly see more help is needed but we never get any, eventhough we know we have staff members leaving in ample time. Also time off request to work week schedules are a problem because the schedules aren't out in a timely manner as well as we get worked too much for the compensation.The most enjoyable thing about the job is meeting new people whether they are patients or community employees everyone here seems to work and care about the patients, so it helps your day a lot.