Community Health Network Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

Featured review
Community Health Network selected this as a representative review
company is very community driven
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  through out networkApril 18, 2019
Majority of programs and staff are geared towards work/life balance. They value and care about ANPs and people are genuine. Continually attempting to improve processes.
Great job...except...
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 21, 2019
It was a great job until I learned I was being targeted by another employee I had stood up to regarding her laziness and poor guidance as a "seasoned" employee. It turns out she was the squeaky wheel for the manager who had already gotten rid of five employees prior to me being targeted. It was an impossible situation to work in, knowing that no matter how good of a nurse you are or are trying to be they would always find fault.
Pros
Patients, Pay, Most Co-Workers
Cons
Manager, Double standards, Favoritism
Productive job
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INNovember 28, 2018
Working in the cath lab at Community was a rewarding experience. We would obtain patient from floor, prep patient for procedure, set for procedure, & proceed with intervention,/diagnostic cath. All members of team were good team players & we joined together to get the job done. Again hardest part of job is the negative outcomes of patients, but overall was a very enjoyable job.
Pros
free lunch at times
Cons
late hours
Work life balance
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46227August 5, 2018
With Community Health Network, you are not just an employee number; you are a very special part of their mission. They believe in their employee and try hard to retain staff. It is a fabulous company to work for.
Was okay to work at for a few years
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 31, 2018
Undergoing a lot of changes with the building and also management. Enjoyed the time and learned a lot, high stress and sometimes a difficult patient population made it challenging.
Quality service to work for and cares for others
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 4, 2018
Great health network for the Community with great opportunities for growth and may areas of work to choose from and gain new experiences and knowledge.
Rn
RN (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INFebruary 10, 2018
Communication with staff from management was poor! I loved my coworkers, with the exception of a few. Patients were great for the most part. Paid fairly.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 8, 2018
Overall, Community is a good place to work. They try to stay competitive with wages. My unit has a "family" atmosphere. I have a great bunch of coworkers and leadership who look out for each other.
Pros
Great coworkers, ability to advance
Cons
Fast paced
Great company to work for
RN (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 6, 2018
I have zero complaints about CHN. The culture is one of teamwork, putting patients first and innovations, and determination. Every campus demonstrates the PRIIDE values.
Great place to work!
RN (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 10, 2017
I have been with Community for a few years, and it is the best job I've had in my >20 years in healthcare. Community feels like my family. You can tell they care about their staff and patients.
Pros
Team work, bonuses, good pay
Cons
ER Management is ruining the department
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 18, 2017
ER Management is ruining the department.
The network is an great indy area network to work for but the current management has run all of our good experienced nurses away.
Balanced
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 22, 2017
I plan to continue working for this network, I just would like to supplement w/ another career option that allows me to work some evening shifts or 8-10 hour shifts instead of always working nights and 12 hours
Challenging and rewarding
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 10, 2017
A typical work day was busy, but manageable. I learned a great deal about providing healthcare to patients under various environments and time constraints. Management and culture there also taught me a great deal about the nuances of staying profitable as a company while maintaining high levels of client satisfaction.
Co-workers are like family
Coordinator RN (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 14, 2017
Lots of employee have been there for several years. Co-workers become more like family. Easy to transition to different units. Good 401K match. good management throughout the hospital.
Pros
good teamwork
Cons
health insurance
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 4, 2017
Great place to work! If I didn't relocate I would still be employed there. I had great managers and charge nurse that I worked with everynight. Everyone there was very supportive helpful and understanding!
Community is a nice place to work.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 3, 2017
Community is a great place to work. I enjoy my patients and have a great relationship with my co-workers. I do wish they had better benefits.
Pros
Patients and Co-Workers
Great focus on population health and support
RN, BSN (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 8, 2016
One of the foci of the network is on staying involved in each of the surrounding communities where each network facility is located. This is done in an effort to support the community's population health needs - whether that's a focus on medical/ physical, psychological or socioeconomic needs.
Long days, high nurse to patient ratio, low pay
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 10, 2015
An enjoyable work place, availability to grow as a RN. I was able to manage 5-6 patients who have undergone surgery and are admitted to the hospital. Time management and Critical thinking are a must for this floor and workplace. Management is very helpful and easy to confront. The hardest part of the day is not knowing what is coming next, it is a very high traffic and high turn over hospital. There are many employees on the floor at all times and for the most part easy and fun to work with. Until they started increasing the nurse to patient ratio there were no complaints. As there are many changes being made to this work place by higher management it is no longer an enjoyable place to work and many of my colleagues whom I've learned from and worked along side of for the last 3 years have moved on to other careers.
Cons
short breaks, pay, nurse to patient ratio
Really great work culture
Emergency Department RN & EPIC SuperUser (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 11, 2014
Team based nursing in the ED. Phenomenal teamwork and communications. Overall great experience.
Overall good workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 15, 2014
I work 12 hour shifts where management usually is able to utilize time managements skills to make sure your shift ends promptly. Co-workers have a good team attitude. The hardest part of my job is the long hours and busy days without breaks. The most enjoyable part of my job is making a difference in the health care of others.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
missed lunches and short staffed
Supportive work environment with a commitment to education
Float RN (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 3, 2012
Community is an excellent place to work. Technology has been integrated into day-to-day business to keep all employees updated with organizational change. Nurses are support clinically through supportive qualified management.
Pros
self-scheduling, supportive work environment
Cons
sometimes interferes with work/life balance