Community Health Network Culture reviews

Featured review
Community Health Network selected this as a representative review
company is very community driven
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  through out networkApril 18, 2019
Majority of programs and staff are geared towards work/life balance. They value and care about ANPs and people are genuine. Continually attempting to improve processes.
Great Beneits
Instrument Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 16, 2019
A typical day at work was extremely stressful with the case load of surgeries.
I learned a lot about being in a face paced work environment mixed with lots of different personalities.
the hardest part of the job was trying to please each tech, nurse and doctor.
the most enjoyable part of the position is helping people who don't even know what you do for them as far as instrumentation.
Extremely poor executive nursing leadership
Director (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 26, 2019
Undervalues high performing employees. Needs a new CNO. Distrusting work environment. No career advancement opportunities. Culture does not align with the values they preach.
Hard Work and Management Issues
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 4, 2019
Walking and Driving Cars of patients who need an extremely amount of help and I learned that the Hospital doesn't supply the help you need to make your job easier. Management and Work Culture go hand and hand because the Manager doesn't support his team and doesn't try to make changes so his workers can do their job better and more efficient. The hardest part is watching people struggle with not having better service. I only enjoyed this job when people could understand that I was putting extreme effort to help them even though I didn't have help from co-workers or management.
Benefits
Cons
Very Hard Work
Good Career Opportunities
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 25, 2019
Overall good opportunities and compensation. Work life culture is good. Healthcare providers are caring and knowledgeable. If you are looking for good benefits this is a great place to work as well.
Great place to work!
Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 19, 2019
I enjoy going to work each day. Great coworkers and surprisingly very supportive management. The work load is manageable. Management's focus is on quality, not quantity. So although the days are busy, you don't feel overwhelmed.

There is constantly a culture of learning. Monthly seminars are held to refresh and maintain high quality standards. Physicians are very personable and engage with everyone as peers. Community offers great benefits, there is good work-life balance and annual performance reviews.

As with all hospitals, the most challenging hurdles are equipment related. Constant wear and tear on these expensive equipment sometimes leads to a break down in the work flow; and change is slow to come. But the best part of this job is coming to work everyday, working with a great group of people and doing what I love!
Pros
Supportive management, culture of learning, good work-life balance
Cons
Equipment degradation
Not Recommended
Provider (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 20, 2018
Understaffed and unengaged management. Management itself is disorganized and with minimal communication. Good pay, but not worth the stress and hassells. Do NOT recommend them as an employer. The culture is mostly in protecting the company and not the employee. As their commercial says..."Exceptional Care, Simply Delivered"...it's truly exceptional in that it is less than desirable and it truly is simply delivered with little or no thought and bending to the squeaky wheel that always gets the attention. The care is truly "simply delivered" supported by minimal thought into organization and morale and as "simply" as possible. Do the community (not the hospital network) a favor and look somewhere else.

**Of note...there is a Corporate Integrity Agreement in place set by the OIG of the Dept. of Health and Human Services, for overbilling Medicare/Medicaid for years! Here's the website for reference:

Would you want to work or seek care at a facility with such procedures in place by the OIG?
Great people, bad hours
Senior Patient Support Tech (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INDecember 17, 2018
Community has a great character but they don't have the proper staff to make work enjoyable. Seem to always be under staffed. but the staff they do have is great.
Great Place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  INNovember 7, 2018
Maintain patient satisfaction. It is a great job with great management. Hardest part is dealing with the school house drama. Most enjoyable part is helping.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No real advancement
A great place to learn
Outpatient Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 5, 2018
I have been working with Community Behavioral health for years, the culture has changed as staff comes and go. I have learned valuable tools to learn to effectively communicate with other staff. I have learned from working closely with the doctors and other clinicians with treating persons diagnosed with SMI (severely mentally ill). I have learned the process of communicating with the inpatient Psych and medical facilities.
Productive and friendly environment
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 4, 2018
Fantastic place to work. Changes in family prompted out-of-state move, but for that would never have left Community. Good people, good culture, and a sense that the work being done makes a difference in the patient experience.
Pros
Bonuses, work environment
Cons
Self-insured
great company, patients first
Staff Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 26, 2018
Great place to work, competitive pay but on the lower end of the scale. Can work in several different settings throughout the network. Great leadership.
Pros
one on one patient care
Cons
lower in employee compensation
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 26, 2018
Great place to work. I learned a lot with Community and was cross trained on various jobs. The management were good people to work for and cared about their staff, and committed to patients first.
fair workplace
Clinical Nurse Educator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 8, 2018
typical day was not typical. As a nurse, the days are always different. Culture was open, learning environment. Most enjoyable part is always the patients and providing good care.
Good environment
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  SouthAugust 15, 2018
I worked at a different, large hospital in Indianapolis prior to working for Community. Community has a much better culture and environment than what I am used to. I feel like, as a whole, they do care about what their employees think and want to do right by them. I get paid much more at Community than I did at my previous employer and I feel like they trust me to do my job.
Great Environment
LPN (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 7, 2018
I have worked for community for almost 10 years. I have encountered many physicians and could say wonderful things about each. I have had wonderful management and just a great experience overall.
Great place to work!
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 6, 2018
I enjoyed working with the team of people at Community Health Network. Everyday was a different challenge. Managers have high expectations and follow-up on with you on questions and concerns.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 2, 2018
Longer term employees create a family-like culture. CEO is very committed to valuing employees and progressing into the future of healthcare. Some at the executive level have trouble making decisions
Ok place to work at .
Patient Access Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 12, 2018
One thing about Community Health Network that stands out among the other health network is, We are patient focus. We really mean what we said about patients come first.

A typical day at work is greeting patients as come for us to schedule their next appointments.

I have learned how to do authorization for chemo therapy, radiation therapy and radiology. I learned about all the functions of Patient Access, in the office and hospital setting.

We use to have a great workplace culture but that all changed with we moved into a new big building. Our workplace culture is very vague. That is the hardest part about this job.

The most enjoyable part of this job is the patient. I love working with patients.
Pros
Bonuses every year.
Cons
Management.
Excellent
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INJuly 9, 2018
Very friendly atmosphere. Great place to work the employees were excellent. Would help you in anyway they could. I miss working there. I enjoyed going
Leadership of the Network is awesome
DIRECTOR, QUALITY RESOURCES & RISK MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 12, 2018
I like the Network- senior leadership is awesome. The culture is driven by the mission, vision and values. This is reinforced by senior leaders on a daily basis.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight