Community Health Network Employee Review

View all Community Health Network reviews

Real world job experience
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INJanuary 26, 2017
During a typical day I would sit at a desk performing whatever tasks were asked of me. I learned a lot during my time at Community Health such as the day-to-day operations inside a large company. the hardest part of my job was adapting to all of the deadlines and expectations, but the most enjoyable part was just learning as much information as possible and helping out where ever I could to meet the goal of the team.
Pros
Free lunch and other company expenses

Other Community Health Network Employee Reviews

Great people work there, very poor direct management
Clinical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 19, 2019
Pros:
Clinical environment, where one can learn a Lot.
Workers are committed to do an excellent job.
Decent benefits ( not great, given the employer is a health care provider)

Cons:
Stressful job, high demands, they do not pay overtime, even if it is necessary, to complete the demands of the job. They do not reimburse expenses that a non exempt worker could encur due to the position ( I.e. parking tickets, clients needs, etc). If a worker has to use their personal vehicle, the mileage is not reimbursed from the office to the office but only from client to client.
Direct management pushes constantly to have high productivity. There is a constant feeling of “not being cared for”, among the workers, and that “they don’t care about us”.
Meetings, staffings, phone contacts, etc, account for a good 50% of the job (not counted for productivity purposes). This leaves little time to complete activities that are counted toward productivity.
Flexible schedule, which translated into working late in the evenings and, often, on weekends. All this is not clearly stated, upon hiring (remember...no overtime).
Pros
401K company match
Cons
Very stressful and very fast paced environment, leading to errors, direct management is trained with 6 Sigma and constantly pushes to “produce”, Little empathy.
Intern for the Revenue Cycle
Revenue Cycle Intern (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 18, 2019
I was a fall intern for CHNw revenue cycle.
That position helped me gain a lot of insight and skills that I previously did not have. Management and the culture exceeded my expectations.
Community Health Network has given me many shadow opportunities to build my knowledge and resume as well.
I highly recommend Community Health Network to all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight