Community Health Network

Community Health Network Employee Reviews

Community Health Network insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Physicians care, Management does not.

Physicians are great but the management leaves something to be desired. There is no accountability for managers at a practice. The environment feels like high school with the manager joining in on the high school gossip and bullying.

Pros

Paid time off, benefits, caring physicians

Cons

Always short-staffed, low pay scales, no advancement opportunities.

There is a good energy and most everyone works together well.The compensation and benefits are very competitive. Management listens to input and concerns. The pace is ideal for me.

Pros

Co-workers, compensation, benefits, pace

Cons

Occasionally rude patients & equipment malfunctions

Good company

I enjoyed my time at Community. Work from home was a challenge in the beginning but technology works most of the time. Having to use my personal cell phone was a bummer, as there wasn’t a system in place to bring our desks phones home unless you could direct wire into a router

Pros

Work life balance.

Cons

Micro managing superiors

Not a good work life balance.

I worked at Community South for a year on the Transportation/Lift Team. This company was big on safety protocol but came up small on employee appreciation. 12hr shifts were mandatory with only a 45 min break and sometimes they would ask you to come in early or stay later on your shift. Management would also constantly asked you to come in on your day off and if you couldn't they would make you feel like you weren't being a "team player". The lazy transporters would get away with being lazy and picking easy runs for themselves while the hard workers would just get more work. When short on employees, HR would be slow to hire more transporters and more work would fall on the current transporters. It would be months before they hired and when they did it would be 1-2 people. We were told if we needed a specific day off or use PTO we would have to have our shift covered by another transporter. If you couldn't they would still give you the day off and leave the other transporters to pick up the slack. The majority of the nurses were nice and understanding but the rest were rude and impractical. The Good: The kitchen staff, and CAT SCAN/MRI/ULTRASOUND were the nicest and always greeted you with a smile. Hourly wage could be better but paid time off and benefits were good. The company offers to pay for your schooling if you decide to go to school while employed there. The cafeteria food is pretty decent. When it wasn't busy you could sit and chill without management giving you too much heat about it. Which is nice because some busy days you could stand/walk for 6-7 hours straight. -

Pros

Pto, Benefits, Work shifts only 3 days a week, Paid schooling

Cons

Long hours, Short breaks, Hourly wages, Work life balance

This company is filled with friendly staff who work together to maintain safety of all who enter the building. Great insurance, every other holiday off, and paid vacations. I greatly appreciated my time at Community and all that I had the pleasure of meeting while there.

Pros

Decent insurance, paid holidays, good work culture

Cons

Hectic work environment

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

A company that truly cares about its caregivers and the community that helped build it...

I've been with this company for almost a decade and am grateful daily for my leadership team. They are frequently checking in on us to see how we're doing, what we need to make our jobs easier and our work-life balance better. No matter how you slice it, healthcare is a challenging and highly competitive environment and this organization is located in an area that's saturated with big competitors but Community is keeping up with the Big Guys by making their employees feel appreciated and with leadership working should-to-shoulder in the trenches. The singular thing that would make me consider an opportunity elsewhere is a promotion. I'm well-compensated for my work but opps for advancement are limited when you reach a certain level, like anywhere... someone has to retire for the position to vacate and my leadership isn't going anywhere (and thankfully so).

Pros

inclusive to all, very fair compensation, outstanding 401K match, strong health insurance with lots of options, great referral and retention bonuses, tuition assistance, scholarships, pet insurance, Buyers Co-op for discount purchases that can be payroll deducted on big-ticket items, learning/training opps

Cons

succession planning needs development

Great place to work as a nursing student

Community has been great about being flexible with my school schedule. They are wonderful at taking the time to teach as well. I enjoy working here and will work as an RN for the network.

Pros

pay, culture

Cons

locations

A lot of people don’t do they job they go to sleep

They lie so much and I was new and they don’t train you good and my supervisor was hard to get in touch with all the time and some people go to sleep they just won’t who they won’t to work with the rn don’t do anything but lay on there backs

Pros

Pay ok

Cons

Need better management

As long as you don’t get sick it’s great

Don’t get sick or have a child that is often ill because those unscheduled absences will get you written up if you have 5 in a six month period. Regardless of having documentation it will still be a problem. Also don’t expect management to let you know if you’re doing something incorrect. They will wait months to bring it up, almost like they’re building a case against you.

Pros

If you do what your told no one will gossip about you

Cons

Have no respect for employees time. Drs are never held accountable

Great pay

As an RN, I feel that I am well compensated for my role. I receive yearly raises, team pay (bonuses), and reasonable benefits. CHNw offers 6% 401K matching. As an employee of 5-10 years, I earn 7.75 hours of PTO biweekly. The manager of my department does not understand the boundary between herself and a subordinate. She shares information concerning other members of my team with the subordinate. This has caused many problems in the department.

Pros

Pay, benefits

Cons

Unable to take PTO as needed due to an unreasonable scheduler

Great place

Management cares and listens to their staff, open lines of communication available to express grievances, leadership is diverse with different backgrounds.

Pros

compensation, family feel

All was good

Very understanding staff and coworkers. They go Ave you time to get accustomed to the office policy. Also the upper management always had time to meet and put any issue to rest and help during the transition periods.

Good job

This is a really good job with job security and you will always have a job in a pandemic . Nice people to work with and sometimes nice patients. Overall good job

Great for students

Flexible for students, great advancement opportunities, benefits are great, pay is reasonable, management is supportive and knowledgeable, ongoing learning

Back stabbers, mis managed

Don't work for CHN anywhere. Management lies and takes no accountability. They will dredge things up from 8 months prior and then write you up for it. If their clique doesn't want you there, you won't be.

Pros

Cons

everything

Good company to work for

-Offer flexible schedule that allows you to have a good work-home balance. -Great teamwork atmosphere-Opportunity for advancement-Benefits and compensation can be better.

Pros

Teamwork atmosphere, flexible schedule

Cons

Heavy assignments. Management not addressing staff concerns. Benefits and pay could be better.

Great team, great job

I like my job enough and my coworkers are great. I also have a great supervisor. I just really need more flexibility and it’s highly structured. Little room for professional development. Job can feel redundant.

Pros

Great team

Cons

Pay is average, no flexibility in work schedules

Med/Surg

Very clique-ish in some areas. Some shifts in upper level positions has made some things fall through the cracks such as orientation of new employees, integration of changes taking place.

Pros

Pay

Patient focused clinical leadership

I worked in Accounts Payable for a few years. The workplace culture as a network was great. They really want to provide quality patient care.However, the Finance area had high turnover in the form of sudden retirements and downsizing due to reorganization a few years back that did not always agree with the values. The Accounts Payable department had some great people when I was there and it was fun. The immediate supervisor was fair, nice to work with and I learned a lot from her, but she left, and so did the next two supervisors.The Accounts Payable leadership while I was there seemed to show favorites and write up employees near daily, it seemed, for simple human mistakes. Concentration level diminished due to leadership not using their inside voices, and sometimes creating unnecessary drama.

Pros

Network values

Cons

Accounts Payable Management

I love my job, I just wish I had a set schedule.

I love my job, it just doesn’t allow a schedule that’s conducive to family time. The schedule is often on a swing schedule, it’s never the same and it’s hard to plan anything around it.

Pros

Pay

Cons

No set schedule

Ho hum

If you are looking for a company to grow with community is not a great employer. The pay is not great but I would say average at best. Diversity is not valued especially with management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Community Health Network with

• Community Health Network
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?