Community Health Plan of Washington Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Educational and I learned a lot about how the Medicaid plans work
Medical Records Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 6, 2018
I enjoyed working for Community Health Plan of Washington, my boss was an absolute perfect boss to work for, she's understanding she backed us up, she taught us new things ,she taught us to teach us ourselves new things, and it was a very good experience working with her until she left and then I was laid off right before Christmas.
Pros
Instantly vested with your first paycheck, match dollar-for-dollar up to 6% of our salaries on 401ks. and we bonused twice a year
Cons
Being laid off
Mission driven work
Healthcare Member Associate (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 18, 2018
A lot of departments for this HMO which work independently. Able to talk top management to get efficient work structure. Great benefits for health insurance, dental, and vision.
Great Company
Member Services, Supervisor Bridget Lombardo (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 8, 2018
It really is a good place to work. The pay is a bit low but what they put back to the community is amazing, They really put the effort into the employees to make sure they are trained properly to do their jobs effectively, They also make sure you are comfortable and ergonomics are used to ensure comfort.
Pros
Relaxed work enviroment
Cons
Commute to Downtown Seattle
Fun people to work with
Bilingual Spanish Statewide Medicare Sales (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 30, 2018
Difficult industry but I enjoy working with dedicated employees. We had engaging meetings and training. My job was enjoyable and well remunerated. The hardest part of the job is that during peak medicare season, I had to work weekends and holidays.
Pros
Fun people, make a difference with disadvantaged communities.
Cons
difficult to advance in your career
Fast Paced with excellent knowledge base
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 30, 2018
I really will miss working at CHPW. Though I think the Stat requirements are set higher than average they are very proud of their staff. The one think that I missed while working at the call center was there was very little staff interaction and no comradery. Turn over is high but that is due to the stat requirements of 97 out of 100 on your call quality and note taking.
Pros
Helpful in answering questions
Cons
High minimums for call quality and call note accuracy.
CHPW offers a rewarding culture!
Admin (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 1, 2018
Great organization that attracts good hearted individuals who want to give back and serve a larger mission in the community. Very rewarding. Company offers Excellent benefits and many opportunities for growth.
Pros
Benefit package, modern office near Pike Place with espresso machines and onsite grocery store
Great Company
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 22, 2017
Balanced workload. Some days can be stressful and long hours but compensates during slow parts of the year. Management is good, can work on being more motivational, but overall I approve.
Continuous upheaval and chaos
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 14, 2017
CHPW has been undergoing significant restructuring of their Quality Department for the last five years, with no real signs of settling down. There are great departments and horrible departments, so it's hit or miss what kind of experience you will have here.
great culture
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 17, 2017
A typical day would be to secure contractual relationships with healthcare providers that were willing t serve the underserved communities in my state
Pros
culture of serving the underserved
Cons
Salary advancement limited when working for a non profit
Production based
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 23, 2017
If you like a very structured, organized type of environment this company is for you. They are the type of company that works directly with providers and vendors.
Loved it
Outbound Enrollment Verification Associate (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 21, 2017
Loved everything about this place. The culture and environment was always positive. Good people. Wish I didn't move, i'd still be working here. The people were the best!
productive and fun work place. competitive
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 19, 2017
It was a great place to work i learned several things in this job, I learned how to handle more than 60 calls per hour, also i learned how to handle calsl with different cultures and languages. I liked that every day I handle different kind of issues, feel so good and confident in my job.
Pros
like that we have pizza free several times
Cons
n/a
Chpw
Outreach and Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 17, 2017
I've been working with this not-for-profit for about 90 days and love the mission and values. It's been a slow start with minimal work and minimal training, but hopefully as a new employee I'll be able to offer my recommendations for those that take this position in the future. We work with the Medicare and Medicaid populations of Seattle. The most difficult part of the job so far has been learning the ins-and-outs of very complex Medicare.
Pros
Office culture, benefits
Cons
Minimal training
Great Place to Work if you do not mind commuting
Member Associate (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 4, 2017
Great place to work, unfortunately the office was located in downtown Seattle and the commute was taking a toll on me. I would recommend CHPW to anyone that live in the Seattle area or even in the Northend . We all worked as a team and helped each other in a time of need. We had great office parties and it almost felt like family. Working hard in a friendly environment, to be the best at the job you are assigned. Always room to move up and encouraged to do so. A typical day is to get through as minimum of 120 calls explaining to members about their coverage or to help get on the Washington Healthplan finder in order to receive the ACA. Taking surveys to be sure that all of the members questions where answered and they understood their coverage.
Pros
Good compensatio
Cons
Commute
Healthcare
State Operations (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 24, 2017
Great to be able to work from home and plan schedule. Frequent weekly meetings. Multiple departments working together and great location in downtown Seattle.
Customer Service Clerical Assistant
Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 13, 2016
-Processing Personal Health Information for members.
-Producing daily/weekly spreadsheets for Call Summary Reports, individual representative call intakes.
-Assisting Supervisors with KPI reports
-Processing daily incoming/outgoing mail.
-Excellent work environment/work culture.

-I have learned great time management skills along with organizational skills in conducting weekly meetings on department progress.
Pros
Great learning environment for skills that were previously unknown.
Cons
Short lunches.
Great
Medical Records Reviewer III (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 21, 2016
Love it! Its a great place to work. People are nice and I really enjoy coming to work every day. Need to say more. Writing to fill the word requirement. Blah Blah Blah
Lovely Ideals, High Turnover
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 26, 2016
Very top down management with and extremely large attrition rate. Although many managers are wonderful they are few and far between. There is an absence of training and for some reason former employees are continually rehired after previous bad performance.
Overall a good company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 10, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping others. I really enjoy helping people. I wish the pay was more and they would trust us with more responsiblity in customer service deptartment. I heard other departments have wonderful supervisors ours are ok.
Pros
The ability to work from home
Cons
supervisors in customer service.
They live their mission.
Business Continuity Recovery Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 19, 2016
Everyone happy and working hard.
Learning was open everyone was encouraged to study and learn.
Management was always there to help in whatever was needed.
No taking it home.
Everything I was asked to do.
Pros
learning was alway encouraged
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Health Plan of Washington. Our community is ready to answer.

Community Health Plan of Washington Reviews by Location