Community Health Systems Employee Reviews

Comfortable working environment.
Eligibility Screening Specialist Representative (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXSeptember 17, 2018
Awesome coworkers always willing to learn new stuff. Excellent services around the hospital facility. Learned a lot from this company I worked for this time frame. Had different challenges that I was able to accomplish. Helped a lot of people with their questions and answers they needed.
Their training and tactics need to be revamped
Financial Counselor Phone Representative (Former Employee) –  Cool Springs, TNSeptember 14, 2018
I did not like the ploy of "helping" people get their bill paid.....when you knew you were calling on a person that could not pay their bill to begin with and would not qualify for a government program.....You would be required to ask for payment anyway and ask them in at least 3 or 4 different ways if they could pay their bill or make payments.......even if they were just released for attempting suicide..........really? No Thanks.......I don't have the stomach for that.

I'm not saying that people shouldn't pay their bills but going in KNOWING the person isn't going to qualify and to mislead the person.....that just isn't right.....and I didn't want to be a part of that. It was misleading, underhanded and just plan wrong......
Pros
Management was excellent
Cons
Pay was not worth what was expected
toxic
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PASeptember 13, 2018
the coworkers are petty and lie about you so you are constantly in HR defending yourself. After 14 months, you are lucky to get 10 cents in a raise which is nothing, and if you correct a mistake that 5 other colleagues missed, though are sent it for corrections, and that person calls and complains, you are then written up for being the last person to touch it though you are the only one to fix it...don't work here
Learned a lot during my time with the company
Revenue Integrity Specialist (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNSeptember 10, 2018
Travel required 100% of the time.
Very stressful at times.
I learned a lot during my time with the company.
The workplace culture is ever-changing due to organizational restructuring.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with all the changes within.
The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers and the relationships that we built. Also enjoyed learning new aspects of the job each day.
Pros
Get to build hotel reward points and air miles
Cons
Too much travel required.
Bad management
Associate Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNSeptember 9, 2018
I have gained a really good work experience, but the management wasn't good and the corporation suffered A LOT recently. They pay was sucks compared to the amount of work.
Pros
Good learning environment
Cons
bad management
Challenging Environment
Chief Financial Officer (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 5, 2018
CHS offered me the opportunity to be a successful Healthcare Executive. The environment was challenging and at times could be difficult given the pressures to achieve certain performance measures. The most enjoyment was working in the facilities. The corporate culture was more rigid and at times stifling.
Pros
Large organization with vast resources and opportunities
Cons
At times expectations were not realistic given market conditions
Stressful, unorganized
Cash Posting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNSeptember 1, 2018
Worked too many hours, there some times to midnight at month end. No work like balance, had to work some weekends. No teamwork. Over worked good employees.
Amazing!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hobart, INAugust 29, 2018
I truly loved working there. They made me feel like I was a part of a wonderful family. Highly recommended working for them. Also they had events for the employees and their families.
Stressful, micromanaged environment
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 28, 2018
Micromanagement seems to be the normal management style. Favoritism abounds. Upper management appears to have blinders on in regards to specific Department Directors..
Pros
Met many intelligent, talented people.
Cons
High turnover rate
Review Summary
(ESS) Regional Director (CHS) (Former Employee) –  Regional DirectorAugust 27, 2018
Community Health Systems (CHS) is a great place to work. My typical day started with a visit to my registration and insurance verification department. Next I would visit my business office assisting both areas where needed. I would complete my daily and/or monthly reports as well as attend meeting. The hardest part of my job was in the area of employee termination. I worked with my employees to try to help them succeed however, in some cases this is just not possible. The part of my job I enjoyed most was mentoring and watching employees grow and advance. CHS has been engaged with the Studer Group for several years. In my opinion the relationship between the Studer Group and CHS has created a great culture in the workplace.
Pros
Administration's open door policy
Cons
Short deadlines in some caes
Stressful work environment - Never good enough
Provider Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 27, 2018
Stressful environment and management focus on dollars and ROI rather than the people that make this happen each day at CHS. In the beginning, it was good and thereafter downhill.
Pros
Known to have been good in past
Cons
Very Stressful today and several layoffs
Lay off Sarasota location
Refunds Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 25, 2018
We were informed Physicians Practice Support office in Sarasota Florida is closing September 28, 2018 moving it to the home office in Tennessee. Severance packages are offered however Shared Services in Sarasota, part of CHS, is creating jobs, hiring everyone that interviews and pay the same hourly wage for over 30 people? I believe this is to pull employees away from receiving their severence packages then lay them off. Why would they close the office, rehire at another location at the same hourly wage? Do the math.
Pros
Great group of people to work with
Cons
Unrealistic daily basis goals
Don't bother getting a job
Billing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 21, 2018
I have been with this company for 5 years and started at the bottom and worked my way up. One thing is that you are micromanaged and productivity related. I don't mind trying to get whatever claims in a day but I don't like the stress that goes with it. Then they expect you to also do the other projects that they give you and hurry up and call the insurances and work two claims at a time. Can't even talk to your neighbor without being watched. In fact, we used to have 32 people in our area and now we are down to 16 and doing double duty and expected to keep up on being within benchmark.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Watched like a hawk
Productive and Fun place to work
Managed Care Billing Department Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARAugust 20, 2018
Community Health Systems was a productive and fun place to work. My management team was always willing to award us for working hard and making measurable achievements.
Stressful
Credentialing Assistant -Temporary (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 12, 2018
Moral was down. People seemed unhappy. Not organized. Orientation provider was arrogant. People seemed to work hard, but little rewards. Not my first choice of top employers.
Good Healthcare Company
Regional Director (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 12, 2018
There's a lot of work and little time to do it all. Expectations are high and the pressure can be too much. They offer good benefits. Management is busy and it can be hard to get their attention.
Benefits
Dynamic, leader in innovation
Senior Security Compliance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNAugust 11, 2018
Great company to work for if you're right out of college. Opportunity to be involved in every aspect of every team project. Doesn't like to promote from within.
Great leadership
Director of Ambulatory Surgery Centers (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 6, 2018
I loved my boss while at CHS and enjoyed my time there a great deal.

I was very impressed with the quality of leadership there and I would go back to work there in a minute!!
Great Company
Environmental Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 4, 2018
Helped me prepare for my future successes within today's job market. It set me up to to be successful. The management was top-notch and the company took care of its employees.
CHS is a very chaotic environment where you will use all your skills
Supervisor of Patient Engagement (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 3, 2018
All your skills are needed to work at CHS. You will never get bored. Management changes focus frequently. The job description may not be well defined. It is difficult to manage a team when communication silos exist.
Pros
Boredom is impossible
Cons
It is a very unorganized place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Health Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.2Fairygodboss Score

75%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.