Community Healthcare Network Employee Reviews

Work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 9, 2018
CHN is a great place to work, the patients are the best patients to take care of. The doctors there were very helpful in teaching you new things in the medical field.
Excellent Benefits and High Quality Healthcare Services to Underserved Populations
Care Manager, Health Home Program (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 14, 2018
Great Benefits, Challenging but Satisfying work, quality of management and leadership depends on the assigned location.
Diverse Company, Promotes from within, great opportunities for advancement. Tuition Assistance Programs
company will be good if the hire the propety
Receptionist/ins verifer (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 3, 2018
The company is not bad at all it just the management is very unprofessional no matter. The co-work are nice, but the facility is like a like a zoo. they don't what they doing at that place.
Good place to learn
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 20, 2018
It is an okey job but it can be much better.
Staff is great and fun. Great benefits and great services for patients. Sometimes can be stressful but not all times.
Interesting work place
PrEP Peer Navigator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 19, 2018
Depend on the grant that is given, it would honestly determine how good of a team you are working on. Some days are good and others are stressful. You just have to make the best of it.
decent
Custodian/Mail Van Driver (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 21, 2017
good working environment , decent people, excellent benefits ,great stepping stone to greater things, unionized job, and great leadership and supervisory staff.
Good work atmosphere, pay and teamwork
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYDecember 14, 2017
One of the best places I worked at. The LIC location where I worked at was more like a family. CHN really fights for the optimum healthcare services for the communities they serve. One of the first places to really advocate for their patients. They also pay great compared to other healthcare organizations and there's good PTO. Benefits are the best. The only reason I left is due to relocation to the southwest.
Pros
So many
Cons
They don't have 12hr shifts, but that's no match to all the pros.
Great mission, poor management
Community Outreach Educator (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYNovember 22, 2017
Community Healthcare Network is one of the most caring and helpful clinic's in NYC. The only downside is that front desk employees are over loaded with work, the rest of the staff members have to continuously search for available rooms since the space is limited.
Pros
Wages, Benefits(PTO 403b) schedule
Cons
no space and no solution to this
Very organized company.
Medical Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 13, 2017
I would defenitely work there again if i move back to New York. Everyone is always helpful, and understandable. They always have new projects and with that comes all the necessary trainings.
productive and great workplace
Patient referral coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 30, 2017
Great network to work for with some amazing people to work with. I loved that their was room for growth being that their are several clinics to work at.
Pros
advancement opportunities
Cons
pay rates
Great Experience
Medical Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 19, 2017
I have learned a lot by working at Community Healthcare Network. The faced paced environment has taught me how to work quickly and efficiently. The staff at the clinic were nothing short of amazing which made the work environment a better place. The hardest part of the job was leaving.
Great Place
HARP Care Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 13, 2017
Great Place, Good People, I will miss working there. They really care about their employees and their clients. I would recommend to anyone seeking employment.
SProductive fast paced enviornment
Medical Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 13, 2017
Productive and fast-paced environment with constant demands which allows you to always be involved and busy at all times. The workplace culture is very diverse and feels like home away form home; with the amply years of service I have enjoyed seeing the difference in growth over the years. However, we can work on better support for staff growth and provide more incentives or bonuses.
The hardest part of the job is making sure you keep consistent, calm and collective in challenging situations and ultimately delivering support. The staff and colleagues should have the confidence in a leader and have good perception of you. The most enjoyable thing in the line of management is knowing that you are the front line, the first impression and play a significant role in providing the best customer service for patients.
Pros
stable hours, good lunch breaks, great benefit package (medical, vision, etc...)
Cons
Dental Insurance can be better, no bonuses or incentives for staff, limited room for growth
Extreme room for growth and advancement
Adult Home Plus Care Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 7, 2017
Although Case Managers aren't paid to their full potential, CHN does offer room for growth and assist you with going back to school. The union delegates are constantly fighting to improve our pay rate.
What I learned
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 15, 2017
Politics. The company was originally created by women of color but now is run by rich white men who care more about numbers than supporting employees.
nice but very stressful
HIV Prevention Specialist Brooklyn, NY (Current Employee) –  New York City, NYAugust 14, 2017
work over load and unrealistic expectations. otherwise have great benefits. I been with CHN for 7 years. I don't agree with the politics and the lack of recognition.
The place where you learn and grow.
Medical office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 31, 2017
Working for Community health Care network has been an amazing experience, I've grown as a person and learned different levels of health care. Best part of my job is my coworkers and the wonderful patients.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Great place to work and gain experience
Medical Assistant/Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 4, 2017
Great place to work and gain experience. great people to work with, everyone is friendly and welcoming. It is very diverse and open minded to the people they hire
My Stepping Stone
Call Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 27, 2017
Community Healthcare Network was my foot in the door. This job molded me to become a better employee and pushed me to want to do more for patients. I started at a call center and moved my way into a clinic. The clinic was such a fast paced environment we saw about 10-15 patients an hour and kept me on my toes. I really enjoyed the different services the clinic provided for all of the different types of patient within the area.
Pros
Free Lunch and Fun trainings
Culture needs improvemen
Care Manager Health Homes (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 26, 2017
Improve leadership skills. Supervisors need more training on regulation, documentation, and leadership. The company offers good benefits and 1199 union

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Healthcare Network. Our community is ready to answer.