Community Healthcare System Employee Reviews

Most enjoyable part of my job
Director of Finance (Current Employee) –  Hobart, INMarch 7, 2019
I most love teamwork, working with others, collaborating, and through that teamwork and collaboration, playing an integral part in the progress of the organization in accomplishing their mission.
Pros
I enjoy strategic work.
Cons
I would prefer to travel more and have more exposure to decision makers.
Poor employment
Medical/Oncology RN (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXFebruary 15, 2019
Elders eat their young. Management cares more about travelers than staff. Often overworked with missing aides or not scheduled aides. Revision of assignments to remove continuity of care.
Pros
Cafeteria food
Cons
Nurses
care homes good
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Onaga, KSJanuary 17, 2019
Worked at both Long term care facilities and have enjoyed them both CHCS owns both of them and have some good providers to work with. Staff is good and management within the LTC's are good.
Poor Management
PFS Employee (Current Employee) –  Munster, INOctober 19, 2018
Management in the business office is horrible. They are micro-managers. They speak down to you. They pick on things all the time. They control your PTO. They make you keep 40 hours of PTO in your bank all the time. If you don't then you are not allowed anytime off. This should be illegal. The Director doesn't care about anyone, she has to be in control at all times even the small things. She is always looking to find something bad about you. The management that has been there a long time (position Manager & Director) dress horrible but they made it against the dress policy to wear legging and boots or boots over your pants, yet they dress horrible. Business office employees are the only ones in the health care system with the dress code & PTO rules. Warning no one likes it there but they are the biggest health group in NWI.
Pros
Experiance
Cons
Management, PTO policy, Management
Well informed staff
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hobart, INSeptember 25, 2018
The staff works well together making the environment on our unit enjoyable. Typically we start by doing pt. vitals and making sure they are comfortable and have everything they need. We then record findings.I have learned to do Blood pressures and Blood sugars.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
usually no time for breaks
Great
CNA/PCT (Current Employee) –  Milton, FLSeptember 24, 2018
Nice staff. Everyone helps each other. All work as a team. Anytime anyone needs something someone is able to help. Great communication skills for sure.
ok
Operational Assistant- Quality/Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Hobart, INSeptember 19, 2018
It was okay working here. Not much room for advancement unless you're a nurse or involved in some type of continuing education. It is kind of a place where you have to stick with the 'right' people to get anyplace. Not good raises within the system either.
cooperating staff but hospital management is not supportive
nursing officer(NO) (Current Employee) –  Drobo,GHANA WEST AFRICASeptember 18, 2018
sociable staff but our suggestions for regular training and workshop to build staff capabilities are really not considered by the management,
most of the units lack the equipments to work with
Pros
Cons
short break
great place
Call Center Rep/IT Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Munster, INAugust 21, 2018
great company. managers were nice and always willing to help. higher ups were even great no problems that's ive witnessed, though I did work overnights and a lot of people weren't there then
Independent work
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairlea, WVAugust 7, 2018
Independent Working environment. Clear goals set guidelines on how to achieve them. Very enjoyable working environment. Easy learning environment. Motivating.
Very cut throat
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Munster, INAugust 4, 2018
Unless you’re related to someone there it’s not safe. Nurses and managers are worthless all they care about is themselves and what is going on in there inner circle
St. Marys was a nice place to work. Very nice people
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hobart, INJuly 30, 2018
I learned a great deal while at St.Marys. I lead many meetings and was encouraged to be a leader in the community as well. The upper management was always happy to help.
Quality health care provider for NW Indiana community
Value Analysis Manager (Former Employee) –  Munster, INJuly 10, 2018
Financially strong with good leadership. The three hospitals in the IDN, Community, St Mary's and St Josephs work well together in standardizing their services and purchasing practices.
Pros
good working facilities
Cons
long commute
Productive,helpful,career advancement,tuition re-embursement.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Gary, INJune 28, 2018
Be ready for work flow to change at any given moment. Keep and have everything in order as cart,computer,supplies readily stocked and to always 100% identify patients.
Pros
Opportunity for growth and advancement.
Cons
Short breaks.
Great Experience
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hobart, INJune 24, 2018
Wonderful place of employment! Spent most of my nursing experience at this facility. I would highly recommend anyone to work here with either new or or experience.
Too stressful with no additional compensation
Corporate Coding Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJune 20, 2018
After being employed I went from managing one local hospital to managing 5 hospitals across the United States with no additional compensation. It just became overwhelming.
Nice place to work
Registered Nurse - Clinic (Former Employee) –  Munster, INMay 30, 2018
Enjoyable work environment. Direct supervisor was responsive, supportive and capable. Co-workers were wonderful. Unfortunately, the particular clinic I was working in lost four employees in the last year due to the behavior of the attending physicians.
Went from floor nursing to nurse case managment
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Hobart, INMay 22, 2018
St Mary's was a great place to work and I loved it! I was there 8 years and I held numerous positions which allowed me to advance. If was definitely a great learning experience.
Nice place to work
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  East Chicago, INMay 19, 2018
I liked working here the place was clean and everyone was friendly. The nurses were mean at times but in all I enjoyed doing my job with no supervision.
Pros
Nice and clean
Cons
Pay rate was low
St. Mary work life
Hospitality and Nutrition Manager (Current Employee) –  Hobart, INMay 15, 2018
The typical day is always a positive day.Everyday everyone is smiling and always showing forth an effort. Hardest part of the job, like any job, is that there is always someone who will critique you.
Pros
Fair and productive work environment for growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Healthcare System. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight