Community Healthcare System Employee Reviews for Assistant

3.2Job Security & Advancement
team player work enviornment
Laboratory Transport Aide (Current Employee) –  Hobart, INFebruary 24, 2013
My typical day consists of transporting bio hazardous specimens to the hospitals in our healthcare network. I also have direct contact with clients who work with our hospital lab and help them with any questions they may have. I've learned how to be a more defensive driver as well as how to utilize my time in a more effective manner. I have also learned how to effectively deal with bio hazardous materials and keep in compliance with the rules and regulations of the HIPPA laws set in place. Management are effective and efficient with workflow in the company. They are also very helpful in understanding personal life outside of work and try to help us out in anyway they can. My co-workers are very personal able they are like a second family. To me there is no hard part about my job other than inclement weather because it is a transportation type job. the most enjoyable part of my job is that it helps me further my education I am able to attend school while I work and also receive tuition reimbursement in the process. Also everyone typically gets along and it is a close group at more than just my on hospital I have mad close friends and acquaintances in other areas as well.
Pros
willing to work with your schedule, pto, benifits package
Cons
bad weather