Community Healthcare System Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

Very cut throat
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Munster, INAugust 4, 2018
Unless you’re related to someone there it’s not safe. Nurses and managers are worthless all they care about is themselves and what is going on in there inner circle
Great Experience
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hobart, INJune 24, 2018
Wonderful place of employment! Spent most of my nursing experience at this facility. I would highly recommend anyone to work here with either new or or experience.
Nice place to work
Registered Nurse - Clinic (Former Employee) –  Munster, INMay 30, 2018
Enjoyable work environment. Direct supervisor was responsive, supportive and capable. Co-workers were wonderful. Unfortunately, the particular clinic I was working in lost four employees in the last year due to the behavior of the attending physicians.
Great place to work during the 20 yrs or so that I was there.
RN Staff (Former Employee) –  Hobart, INApril 2, 2018
Things have changed at St. Mary's in the last 5 years as compared to when I worked there. I had the best of St. Mary's during the time I was employed. All health care under St. Mary's was free at that time.
Insurance coverage changed on August 1st, 2012. Which was the time I left. I am not familiar with the present conditions.
I had a good manager and was treated fairly. I have no complaints.
I enjoyed my job in ICU. The staff was helpful as teamwork was required often.
Bullying culture is rampant and encouraged
RN (Former Employee) –  Hobart, INDecember 19, 2017
While initially sad to leave here, now that I am away I realize how bad it truly is. Harrassment, emotional abuse and bullying run rampant and are even encouraged. It seems like those that partake the most in the gossip and misery are the ones that advance or are shown appreciation. I'm working in a much more positive and supportive atmosphere now - thank goodnesz.
Excellent working environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hobart, INDecember 4, 2017
Excellent working environment, loved my coworkers, great learning experience, I started as an LPN and went back to earn my degree as Registered Nurse.
Pros
Discounts at Uniform Stores
Prejudice
Registered Anesthesia Nurse (Former Employee) –  Munster, INMay 28, 2017
Very prejudice people in the hospital. I wouldn't recommend anyone of color thats a minority to apply to this hospital..... If you are they expect you to either serve food or push a broom or mop!!!!!!! Don't apply management is awful even when you tell them about racial encounters
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Prejudice and just plain with no taste
Love my unit and co-workers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hobart, INApril 12, 2017
Midnights on my unit are one big family! Teamwork across 2 units that share the floor is to be sought after on all units. Support and encouragement by management to pursue higher education and more experience as a nurse are present.
Small city hospital
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hobart, INMarch 14, 2017
Hospital is welcoming to new employees and is always trying to advance to new ideas in field. Strive for good patient outcomes and listen to patients and staff.
good place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCJanuary 29, 2016
I enjoy working for CHS , GOOD WORK ENVIROMENT. Need to give more raises to keep their empolyees. CHS great company for our community, just what our hospital needed.
enjoyable workplace in the community
Emergency/Acute RN (Current Employee) –  Saint Marys, KSNovember 23, 2015
Enjoyable, clean workplace with supportive management. Small community clinic with friendly atmosphere. Varied patients from emergency to home health.
Registered Nurse, Staff (Former Employee) –  Hobart, INOctober 7, 2015
Good place to work, team , work promoted, staff rn took care of team of patients, looked up labs, called doctors. Plan of care. Can get very busy, but I love caring for others
Pros
Great doctors and nurses
Cons
Gets too busy
good place to work but a lot of politics in place
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hobart, INApril 6, 2015
My overall experience was a good one. I was there for 8 years and sad when I had to leave. My boss was great but the administration I feel needed to have more of a medical background to understand the every day life on the units. The management allowed you to do things when it was convent for them but when it was not you got in trouble or was not allowed to do it., For example we were not allowed to be scheduled 12 or 16 hour shifts to accommodate our home life we were not able to. But if there was a call off and they needed someone to work they allowed us to work the 16 or 12 hours and sometimes go home for 8 and come back and work another shift. The rule were broken at will when it fit their needs. As I said I liked my job at St. Marys but in truth anyone who works there needs to watch their back because there could be a target on their back at anytime, I truly had a great understanding boss and I respected her immensely. She was on vacation when I put my resignation in because me and the acting manager for her and administration were unable to come to an agreement. I will miss my patients, the doctors and my co-works at St. Mary's but I'm looking for bigger and better opportunities.
Pros
8 hours of PTO acquired per pay, will allow 1 request off day a week the nursing staff are highly respected and are wonderful nurses
Cons
a lot of unfair politics, they want the hospital to act as a hotel, management will take a patients word over their own staff members, if you have a target on your back you will get blackballed as soon as the opportunity arises, Don't always have support by the management, unable to be scheduled 12 or 16 hour shifts.
good experience and great hospital to work for.
Registered Nurse, Staff (Former Employee) –  Hobart, INJanuary 22, 2015
Great company and hospital to work for. Very organized unit, coworkers were helpful and patient care was consistently intact. Nurse patient ratio at times was high and nurse manager was very helpful and resourceful. Great hospital and excellent doctors and staff.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
long shifts