Community Healthcore Employee Reviews

Enjoyable work -- Need organizational restructure
PROGRAM TECHICIAN & IN-HOME CRISIS RESPITE CARE (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXFebruary 4, 2019
Working for community healthcore is very rewarding, I enjoy working with my clients. However, I would recommend changes with supervisors, as well as the organizational setup within the IDD branch.
Great place to Learn
Program Manager & Veterans Services Programs (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXDecember 13, 2018
Community Heath Core is a Non-Profit origination and allows out of college students to learn. Raises are not yearly do to being non profit. Great place to work.
Pros
Learning
Cons
No security
flexible with days off.
MENTAL HEALTH SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, TxSeptember 27, 2018
can be conducive but can also be very trying. protect your own mental health at all cost. things can become very difficult. its helpful to find one or two people you get along with and stay with them
A Great Start
Therapist Intern (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXJuly 19, 2018
Community Healthcore is a great place for someone with a psychology background, but its turn-over rate is very high. Most of their Case Managers stay for around a year and move on. The work demand is very difficult during certain seasons. There is a very high demand for face-time hours, which is understandable, and often forgiven if you cannot make it. They require in the position of a Case Manager, Therapist Intern, in most cases to travel to the clients' homes, which will expose you to very uncomfortable, and even unbearable environments.

I have never "not liked" this job, but I must be honest and claim that I am actively looking for something better, which will most likely happen to you if you can pursue better opportunities.
Pros
Some of the Greatest Benifits you can get in this field
Cons
Lack of Personal Work Space / Difficult Environments
Average place to work
QMHP I/Caseworker (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXJune 26, 2018
The position overall was a very nice position were you can help people but the company tends to get in the way of you doing this or letting the clients abuse you while enabling them at times.
Pros
benifits, and enjoyment of the job
Cons
management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMay 8, 2018
I loved my job at Community Healthcore. The overall working conditions were great. The staff was very professional and everyone was very friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job was the autonomy that they provided me as a nurse. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all the passwords and learning their electronic charting. I would not hesitate to go to work for them again.
Pros
Excellent Benefits Package; laid back atmosphere
Cons
Management didn't always keep us in the loop.
Productive and amazing coworkers plus management
QMHP 1 (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXMarch 26, 2018
I enjoy working for this company. Always keep in mind that you don’t always get paid the best in this field so you do it to help others not for the money. I love the management they are on top of things and helpful when you need it. Coworkers are like your family and they keep you lifted high. Pto time and benefits are great through the company.
Pros
Management, Coworkers, benefits and pto
Cons
Salary
Awesome Place
Administrative Asst/Field Crisis Counselor (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMarch 15, 2018
My job was just a temporary program but they were very welcoming and very friendly with our grant based community program. Management was great and the facility was more than acceptibe
Pros
snack shop, coworkers, management
Cons
short program
Great Philosophy
Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TXFebruary 17, 2018
Working for Community Healthcore was an experience I'll never forget. The ability to help those in turmoil or crisis was fulfilling and showed me another side to society.
Pros
Flexible time off
Cons
Highly stressful environment
Qmhp ii
QMHP II (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXFebruary 12, 2018
Working with people of all ages with different mental diagnosis was challenging but well worth it. Getting to know more about mental illness and how prevalent it is was eye opening. Being able to make a difference and help those suffering with a mental health illness was a blessing. The hardest part of the job was trying to help those individuals cope and especially those that had no family involvement.
Excellent place to grow experience in substance abuse counseling.
Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXOctober 12, 2017
A typical day at work consists of individual and group counseling with the opportunity to grow knowledge base in substance abuse counseling and family dynamics. My current manage is flexible so that if an emergency arises I will be able to take off and take off to handle the situation. The hardest part of the job is seeing recidivism within the population of offenders I serve. On the contrary the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the change that happens within someone over the time period they are in the facility.
Pros
time off and benefits
Cons
low pay and heavy work load
Good Atmosphere
Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXSeptember 28, 2017
I really enjoyed my experience at CHC. I would go back to work there if back in that area and a position were available. The team work in this environment was exceptional. The hours were flexible as long as all work was done.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enough time alotted for some client treatment time
Great place for someone with strong organizational and time management skills
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXSeptember 18, 2017
Time management and organizational skills are a necessity in order to manage a caseload. In order to meet requirements for hours one must see 5 to 6 clients per day.
Productive, flexible workplace
BILLING/Data Systems Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXSeptember 12, 2017
A typical day at CHC is very productive but relaxing. I get to work at my own pace with very little supervision. The most important part of the job is knowing that I take a part in making the lives of the family we serve better.
Great Place for entry level
THERAPIST I (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXAugust 26, 2017
I worked as a therapist with an LPC-Intern licensure. I maintained a consistent caseload of 30-50 client providing case management, skills training, and cognitive processing therapy services.
Great company poor mangagment
Program Technician (Former Employee) –  White Oak, TXAugust 23, 2017
I loved most of my time at community healthcore but the last 5 months of working there under the new program manager was a nightmare. She changed everything and was pushing out the former employees. I think the compensation was underwhelming based on the work that we did and the stress we had to deal with.
Pros
Co-Workers, Purpose of work
Cons
Managment
DEAR Unit, White Oak
Program Technician (Current Employee) –  White Oak, TXAugust 18, 2017
Always short staffed - so that means longer shifts... nights are slow & quiet, but that doesn't make them easy! Benefits are great; 4 hours PTO every week.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Hours and pay, and management (kind of)
Not a fun place to work
Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 17, 2017
I worked mainly alone with a Supervisor. This company was more interested in their own agenda instead of taking care of their employees that was overburden with clients. Higher up got raises, but the lower people did not. They would hide behind their emails and would not confront the real issues that was really going on in their facilities. Hopefully all this has change since the seven years I spent with them. The hardest part about my job was dealing with supervisors and other top management that was crooked.
Pros
I loved my clients
Cons
overloaded case loads, no raises, undermining supervisors and co-workers, seductive dressing
Worked with some really great people. Cant say the same for the upper management of this compant
Admin Tech (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 1, 2017
I loved working for a company that's motto included helping people reach their dreams. I loved what I did, I loved helping people. However, the upper management didn't take into account all aspects of what we did in our office, and expected the impossible to happen.
Rewarding to those that understand IID
Home management (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXApril 26, 2017
Great opportunities and trainings that assist you with your job duties. Able to pres not your talent on a daily bases. questions and suggestions welcome.
Pros
Being a part of a great program
Cons
Na

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Healthcore. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight