Community Home Health Care Employee Reviews

Enjoyable workplace!
Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ramsey, NJDecember 17, 2018
I've learned so much in the 6months I have worked here and I look forward to learning more. My supervisor is amazing and so helpful. I work with a lot of people in the Ramsey office and its a friendly encounter each time. I enjoy going through bills and charge member and making sure payments are correct. I also enjoy how my work keeps me busy and the days go by fast.
Pros
Leaving work early on Fridays and Free lunch every other Thursday
Cons
no vision or dental insurance
December 23, 2018

We couldn’t be happier that you are having such a great work experience at Community Home Healthcare. We do our best to create a positive work environment and we are so happy to hear our efforts have paid off! You are a true asset and we are lucky to have you on the team. We are sorry that there is no vision or dental insurance- we hope you enjoy the many other benefits. Thanks for leaving the great review!

Community Home Health Care is a real community that you want to be a part of.
Payroll Associate (Current Employee) –  Montebello, NYDecember 17, 2018
I have been with Community Home Health Care for over 7 years. It is a great place to work at. The environment and team work is amazing. Great coworkers. Community Home Health Care values each and every employee and makes sure that we feel that.
We get feedback on our job performance, there's always someone to talk to whenever there's an issue , I really feel like part of a team. Part of a Community.
Definitely planning to continue working here.
Pros
Health insurance
December 23, 2018

Community Home Healthcare loves to hear from employees like you! We couldn’t be happier that are enjoying your working experience with us. You truly are an asset and we are lucky to have you as part of our “community”. We are glad to hear that our appreciation is felt! You deserve to enjoy the employee benefits as well. Thanks for leaving the great review!

Productive and hardworking work place.
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Ramsey, NJDecember 18, 2018
I have been with Community Home Health Care for 3 years in an management role. There
are opportunities to grow within your department and company! The company really does
care about their employees and will work with you to help support a good work/life balance.
I truly enjoy being around my co-workers who are hard working and dedicated to doing the
best they can to help support our field staff!
Pros
Aide of the month
Cons
A bit of long hours
December 23, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. It is wonderful to hear that you feel the support we like to provide to our staff and that you enjoy being with your co-workers. We do strive to hire only the best and we pride ourselves in our professional and dedicated team. We are aware that the work hours are long and we appreciate the way you remain completely devoted and upbeat even if you might be tired. We look forward to continue working with you!

Never Received a Cost of Living Raise
Personal Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Brownwood, TXDecember 27, 2018
I've been working there for two years and never received a cost of living raise. Some clients that I take care of, I only receive minimum wage and it is very sad as now they offer 401K retirement and I won't have enough to ever invest. I have decided to begin a more lucrative and different career this year. I like this job but the pay is quite disappointing at $8.00 per hour.
Pros
I have good clients now
Cons
too little pay for surviving
December 30, 2018

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We sincerely apologize that you feel your salary is not adequate and we understand your frustration. Community Home Care strives to constantly improve as an organization, so we've made sure to pass along your comment and we hope you will have positive feedback going forward.

It was an enjoyable environment, fun. Depending on the position would be slow paced or fast paced.
DATA ENTRY (Former Employee) –  Newaygo, MINovember 27, 2018
My position was data entry, most of my time was in front of the computer transcribing admission/recertification details to compile a care plan for the patient. I learned a lot when it comes to the medical field. Management was ok, some lack management skills but were good people. The hardest part of the job was the changes in data entry processes, health care would change requirements and it was hard to get other employees to be willing to make the changes. For me the most enjoyable part of the job was the people and learning about the patients, you felt like you knew them.
Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NYDecember 18, 2018
I've been working at Community for almost 2 years, It is a great place to work, good environment, many benefits, and I like it because even there are so many employees here, you don't feel like just a number, you are valued and appreciated. The workflow is consistent and good. The managers and directors are nice. I look forward in growing in the company and reaching my full potential.
Cons
We need to work on certain holidays.
December 23, 2018

We’re thrilled you are enjoying your work experience at Community Home Healthcare. We truly like making our employees happy! And yes, we do value each and every one of you with your individual strengths. You’re already doing a great job, but continue striving for more!
We understand it is difficult to sometimes work on holidays, but know that we appreciate your positive attitude. Thanks for leaving the great review.

Still haven't found a permanent case after 2 months.
Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYNovember 8, 2018
Most agencies I have been to will have you working permanently right after you get your license. This agency hasn't given me anything permanent after two months. Also, when they do have something permanent, it's for 3 hours a day twice a week. Who can live off of that. And once you take a case like that permanent, they won't call you for work on the days you don't. And when you do call them, they never have anything.

If you want a live-in case or 12 hours or weekend case, then this agency is perfect for you.
Pros
the jobs were easily accessible without a car
Cons
few hours, low pay
Best job ever
Payroll Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ramsey, NJDecember 19, 2018
I have been working for CHC for 1 year and 4 months and this has been the best job I've had in my life. I am able to learn something new every day. The part I like the most of my position as a payroll clerk is that I am able to help aides to be paid on time by making sure they submit timesheets every week and explain them how to fill them out, but to help Spanish speaking aides that struggle with the language its what brings joy to my day to day. My director and supervisor are really great to work with, they are always there to help you and listen to any ideas. The hardest or not enjoyable part of this position is having to manage difficult situations when aide's are not being paid correctly because either they did not submit a timesheet or filled it out incorrectly.
Pros
Free pizza on Thursday. Friday schedule. PTO.
December 26, 2018

At Community home Health Care we want every employee to love their work and so we are glad that you do! The dedication you put into your work is greatly appreciated. You are a true asset to our team and we are lucky to have employees like you! We couldn't be happier that you are enjoying the pizza on Thursday, the Friday schedule, and the paid time off- you deserve it!

Honest and well managed company with strong core values and work ethics.
Compliance Auditor (Current Employee) –  Ramsey, NJDecember 17, 2018
I have been working for Community for over four years. The company is always ready and willing to make their employees happy, looking to maximize each employees potential. In addition the company is well managed with strong core values and work ethics, consistently finding ways to make their employees feel appreciated.
December 23, 2018

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with Community Home Healthcare. Our goal is 100% staff and client satisfaction- we want every experience to be “five stars”! It is employees like you that help us maintain our sterling reputation and we truly are appreciative. Keep up the good work!

Great place to work for!
Billing (Current Employee) –  monroe, NYDecember 17, 2018
I've been with Community Home Healthcare for almost 3 years. The company really does
care about their employees and they go out of their way to create a nurturing culture
throughout. I receive praise and recognition for my hard work and I feel appreciated. I'm
also supplied with the tools I need to be successful, like training and leadership
Pros
Free lunches. Paid time off. annnual trip
December 23, 2018

We would like to thank you for sharing this great review! We are thrilled that you are enjoying your experience with Community Home Healthcare. We are so happy to be able to offer the free lunches, paid time off and the annual trip. We strive to make each employee feel appreciated- and they truly are! We will be sharing your feedback among our team. We hope to continue working with you.

Enjoyable, Tolerable, everyday work
Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYOctober 15, 2018
It really is easy especially if you like to help people. Almost everything I do here I basically do at home. I dont mind going to work and it actually bothers me a little to call it "work". Eventually, (if you have a heart), grow a connection with the client and it becomes even easier to be there. Now the coordinators and the office are a different story. Whenever they finally do answer the phone, some are rude or tell you one thing but do another . If I had to deal with them everyday I dont know if I'd feel the same way about it.
Pros
daily work
Cons
dont provide gas
Amazing Company!
Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Spring Valley, NYDecember 19, 2018
I've been with the company for about three years and have enjoyed every day. The administration really cares about the employees; the supervisors are there to help you, and there are many opportunities for growth! The culture of Community is one that believes in its' employees and is very rewarding!
Pros
Paid time off, insurance, lunches
December 26, 2018

We couldn’t be happier that you are having such a great work experience at Community Home Health Care. We do our best to be there for our employees in the dedicated way that they are there for us. We are glad that your are enjoying the employee benefits and the lunches. You are a true asset and we are lucky to have you on the team. Thanks for leaving the great review!

A place where you can really grow!
Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NYDecember 18, 2018
I have been with Community for 2 years and have enjoyed my time here greatly! we get excellent support form our mangers and supervisor. And I can always reach out to them. The work environment is great. we get a lot of benefits and appreciation like free lunches. overall its a great place to work!
Pros
Great benefits
December 23, 2018

On behalf us all of us at Community Home Healthcare, we would like to thank you for sharing this great review! We are thrilled that you are enjoying your experience with us. We do try to provide the most support we can give to our hardworking staff. We appreciate devoted workers like you, and we are glad our appreciation is felt.

December 26, 2018

Thank you for the review.Community Home Health Care appreciates when our employees take time to leave a note about us! We are glad you are enjoying your experience with us. We are so happy to be able to offer the benefits that we do because yes, we do appreciate our professional and dedicated employees.

Empresa altamente organizada, todos los procesos automatizados
Cuidadora de personas mayores (Former Employee) –  Nueva York, Estados UnidosSeptember 20, 2018
El trabajo consistió en atender a personas maores en sus hogares. En todo momento se cuenta con el apoyo de enfermeras graduadas para responder a dudas y se dispone de un plan de trabajo diario que granatiza que se cumplan todas las actividades previstas en el cuidado del paciente.
Pros
Seguro médico
Cons
se trabajan todos los días gferiados
Terrible !
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJanuary 11, 2019
Don’t even waste your time working here at all !!! Not WORTH IT i’m soon leaving from this agency , theubdont care about their employees & they don’t pay on time matter fact they HARDLY even pay you ! This place is TERRIBLE please take my advice and don’t work here
Pros
NONE. only flexible hours
Cons
Low pay, Don’t pay on time & Unprofessional
Fast paced, friendly en
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rockland County, NYDecember 26, 2018
Community is a friendly, fast paced environment. However there is no room for growth and some of the employees are overworked and under appreciated. There is few lunches which is a nice benefit. But 5 paid sick days the entire year is a bit too little. Overall 3.3 out of 5 stars.
Pros
Free lunches every other week
December 30, 2018

At Community Home Health Care, we work hard to make the best possible work environment and so we thank you for taking the time to mention that you are enjoying it.
We are sorry to hear that you feel there is no room for growth because we are always looking to give our employees more opportunity.
We do our best to try to make every employee feel appreciated, however, if you have any recommendations of how we can improve on that, we would be happy to hear them.
We are glad that we are able to provide the free lunches and we are sorry about the few sick days, but know that your hard work and devotion is greatly appreciated!

negelectful of thier duties
Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYDecember 10, 2018
i was unaware that a human being could treat a bed ridden person the was my last patient was treated. i filed a complaint as per ethical standards and since they refuse to give me a case. i knew right there that if i was going to b punished for doing the right thing then that was not the job for me.
December 30, 2018

Thank you for your comments. We're sorry to hear about your experience. This is definitely not a usual occurrence. Community Home Health Care prides ourselves in the way we provide top quality care to every one of our clients. We'd like to learn more about your specific situation so that we can make things right. If you can please contact us at (845) 425-6555, at your earliest convenience, we would greatly appreciate it.

Nice place to work
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Spring Valley, NYDecember 18, 2018
I've been working here for a couple of years. I love having the opportunity to help seniors live a better life in their own home. The camaraderie between employees is exceptional. Highly recommended workplace with the bonus of enhancing other's lives.
Pros
Free snacks, bi-weekly lunches
December 23, 2018

Thanks for taking time to leave this great feedback. We work really hard to make the best possible environment and so we are happy to see that it is reflected in your experience with us. It is employees like you who touch the lives of our clients every day. Keep up the great work!

do not represent what i'm looking for as caregiver i am looking for facility or assisted living seniors .
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  South Portland, MEJanuary 14, 2019
there is no response often when i cal,l lack of organise,nothing called health insurance ,or dental insurance , there is no retirement plan ,vacations or sick leave paid .
Pros
salary raise
Cons
health care
Departments not on the same page
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJuly 31, 2018
They kept getting my hours wrong and I would have to wait till the next pay period to see the correction. They watched everything you did. They wanted you to leave the client whether the client was safe or not. They didn't pay overtime but would dock your pay for each minute late. Some of the management was rude and uninformed.
There were times I was needed to stay because they needed groceries bought in the house and put away. Drs appts were delayed. Management didn't care, they told me I was not suppose to work over my specified hours. Even though I understood there was not overtime.
Pros
I was retrained for Personal Care Assistant through this company
Cons
Each department had a separate agenda

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Home Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Community Home Health Care.

Powered by Comparably