Community Home Health Care Employee Reviews

Pay is competitive but the leadership is above par.
PCA (Current Employee) –  Spring ValleyNovember 13, 2018
Love caring for other people while being rewarded and appreciated for it.
They have many different patients/shifts and are very flexible.
I'm going to school for nursing and this really helps pay my bills while using this experience to excel.
Couldn't have asked for a better job.
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Spring ValleyNovember 13, 2018
Great culture to work in. I feel rewarded and appreciated.
Leadership staff is very caring and accommodating.
Love the flexibility and opportunity overall.
Still haven't found a permanent case after 2 months.
Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYNovember 8, 2018
Most agencies I have been to will have you working permanently right after you get your license. This agency hasn't given me anything permanent after two months. Also, when they do have something permanent, it's for 3 hours a day twice a week. Who can live off of that. And once you take a case like that permanent, they won't call you for work on the days you don't. And when you do call them, they never have anything.

If you want a live-in case or 12 hours or weekend case, then this agency is perfect for you.
Pros
the jobs were easily accessible without a car
Cons
few hours, low pay
consistently inconsistent
Director of Home Health (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHOctober 1, 2018
The company spent all day in meetings. Management did not like staff asking questions about if they were doing the right, moral thing. Sometimes you wouldn't even know if your check was going to cash. Investigated for taxes.
Cons
shady company
The worse job I every had to work for
PCA Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYSeptember 25, 2018
Worked here for almost 2yrs never got paid on time still waiting for 4 pay checks went throw 2 managers this is the worst company to ever work for when u call out they don't write it down so now your boss got you as a no call no show they are so unprofessional
Empresa altamente organizada, todos los procesos automatizados
Cuidadora de personas mayores (Former Employee) –  Nueva York, Estados UnidosSeptember 20, 2018
El trabajo consistió en atender a personas maores en sus hogares. En todo momento se cuenta con el apoyo de enfermeras graduadas para responder a dudas y se dispone de un plan de trabajo diario que granatiza que se cumplan todas las actividades previstas en el cuidado del paciente.
Pros
Seguro médico
Cons
se trabajan todos los días gferiados
Company had no real structure.
Advocate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2018
Management works very precariously. There is no structure, no policies, no written work flow policies to follow. The supervision and Training new employees is abhorrent and totally lacking framework.
Very poor communication among staff to there employees
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYSeptember 3, 2018
The pay was bad. You miss one day and everything is lost. No work, no clients, managment goes missing when anything wrong gets brought to their attention.
Pros
The clients are wounderful
Cons
Poor communication
My work experience
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYAugust 22, 2018
Very slow paced. Managers were difficult to deal with at times and didn't even know much about clients, often leaving pcas in the dark til they arrived at cases.
Pros
Make your own hours, choose own cases
Flexible hours for extra income
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingston, NYAugust 2, 2018
Want to stay in my area close to home , see tons of ads looking for help in my area but need something at least 30 plus hours to
Make it worth my while with the low pay rate.
Pros
Flexiable hours
Cons
Not knowing who to speak to once hired
Departments not on the same page
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJuly 31, 2018
They kept getting my hours wrong and I would have to wait till the next pay period to see the correction. They watched everything you did. They wanted you to leave the client whether the client was safe or not. They didn't pay overtime but would dock your pay for each minute late. Some of the management was rude and uninformed.
There were times I was needed to stay because they needed groceries bought in the house and put away. Drs appts were delayed. Management didn't care, they told me I was not suppose to work over my specified hours. Even though I understood there was not overtime.
Pros
I was retrained for Personal Care Assistant through this company
Cons
Each department had a separate agenda
Resolve for a while
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJuly 24, 2018
I used to care for the disabled. Pay only $10.40 federal minimum wage for Sullivan and no benefits for Sullivan County, but offer health insurance and raise for Westchester County, NY. You need a car or have transportation to move in this country because the Coach USA bus doesn't go to every where they need you. You don't get gas money, you have to ask your patient for it. They didn't have enough hours and not clients were I lived. You don't have to drive your patient around like Willcare expect you to do. You have to do both sign in/out and provide a time sheet signed by your client. They pay weekly. I meet really loving clients.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low pay and no benefits.
Nice
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 23, 2018
Really nice, company closed down. If I could I would go back! Boss was really nice as it was my first job. Pay was nice and the company even had picnics and holiday parties.
Very great company
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peekskill, NYJuly 20, 2018
Nice employees, training was awesome learbed many skills for the job . Always have s positive attitude around clients. Took a 2 weeks licensing course now have my certificate .
Pros
Nice lunch breaks
Cons
Productive, pleasant & organized!
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Ramsey, NJJuly 5, 2018
COMMUNITY IS THE PLACE TO BE!

Community effectively communicates expectations, they appreciate their employees and they're continuously planning for improvement!
Cons
lack of communication
Productive work place
Satellite Office Manager (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJuly 2, 2018
It is an honor to work with community, I get to help people find jobs that they will love. I get to help and find the best care for our patients. I meet wonderful people everyday, and it brings so much joy in my life. I love being able to hire and give people this opportunity.
Room to Grow
HR Representative (Current Employee) –  Ramsey, NJJuly 2, 2018
I've been working with Community for about 1 1/2 years and have been promoted several times. This company truly values its employees and recognizes their dedication and hard work. I've had jobs where upper management isn't very involved and you're left in the dark. This is far from what I've experienced here. My supervisors doors are always open to help me with any questions or to offer a fresh perspective. I enjoy the time and experience I've gained here and look forward to my continued growth with Community!
Pros
Paid lunch, room for growth, strong teamwork ethics
Why not Community :)
Satellite Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYJuly 2, 2018
I have been an employee with this company for almost 2 years now. I started off as a PCA. I took my training class and got certified through Community. While working with Community I was able to change my job position and become part of the office staff. I love my job and the interaction I have with the Aides. I’ve built relationships with the men and women making it a super positive and welcoming environment! They go out of their way to try and recognize their aides for all the dedication they put into their jobs. Every month we get to celebrate an aide of the month and have a party in their honor. This is one of the best companies I have ever worked for!
Pros
recognition parties and rewards, good pay, free statewide certification, understanding staff
Great work enviroment
HR Representative (Current Employee) –  Ramsey, NJJuly 2, 2018
I have been working at Community for about a year and a half and it's great! They truly do appreciate your hard work and it does not go unseen. A lot of room for growth as well.
Pros
Free food/refreshments, incentives, half-day Fridays, a lot of paid holidays.
Cons
None!
dont care about the aides
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJune 29, 2018
i wasn't never full time. they were more worried about the clients then the Aides. we were under paid and over worked. only full timers got benefits...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Home Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Community Home Health Care.

Powered by Comparably