Community Hope, Inc. Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
management is uncooperative and dismissive
Behavioral Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Lyons, NJMay 13, 2018
I've worked at the company for a few months. Initially, it was great until you started to notice the operational flaws. People call out whenever they please and leave you stuck to pick up the slack. Whomever is on call rarely comes in to fill in for whomever called out. No one is held accountable for their lack of effort. Upper management is not supportive of the employees when it comes to issues with the residents. They allow the residents to disrespect employees repeatedly and they do nothing about it.
Pros
laid back environment
Cons
upper-management and accountability.
Awful place to work
Residence Manager (Former Employee) –  Boonton, NJNovember 27, 2017
I enjoyed working for the hope for veterans program the pay was just very low. Every thing else in the company was horrible. I would definitely not recommend working for this company.
At. Will. Job do know why your being fired. Management sucks
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJJuly 11, 2017
Job is unfair yo employer should assist in knowing why your terminated should have verbal warningshoujd big be at will job this job is overworked and your underpaid . Veterans are not granted amount money they are worth other organization get paid more hourly Management is prejudice racist unfair . Treats staff like s piece of meat. No team work they are cut throats
Pros
401k. Parties use of car paid holiday
Cons
Unfair team management prejudice gossipers attitude higher. Staff
I felt happy to be able to help one who was mentally ill and less fortunate
Behavioral Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Morris Plains, NJDecember 21, 2016
Working at Community Hope was wonderful. The House Manager and staff members were a great team to work with. We had a cordial working relationship and we worked as a team. Whenever there was something to do, its got done by whoso ever was available to do it, even if it was assigned to another team member. I enjoyed the working relationship at Community Hope, Inc. I personally made it my business to be at work on a daily basis, at least fifteen minutes before the start of my shift to acquaint myself with the situation at the job from the outgoing staff. I was patient to wait extra minutes for staff when they were running late to relieve me at the end of my shift and they were also patient when I was running a bit late to relieve them as well.
Nonprofit Psychiatric Residential Facility
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 14, 2012
Great Company with clear and honorable goals for aiding the mentally ill population, veterans, and homeless.
Excellent employer with wonderful business practices.
APC (Former Employee) –  ParsippanyFebruary 15, 2012
Community Hope Inc. is an excellent company to work for. The management is open to communication and new ideas. There is opportunity for advancement and they almost always hire from within. The offer great vacation time and decent medical benefits.
Pros
excellent management, quality work environment, no micromanaging, independence